• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ancient Aliens

Anybody else curious as to why these massive buildings are all in the shape of a pyramid; which is the easiest structure to build and ideally suited for a system of ramps? If these people were given superior technology, with the ability to easily lift rocks, why were they not stacked into a shape of a square, rectangle or even a dome?

ramps that are over several miles long? It would have to be that long to reach the upper parts of the pyramid you cant make a ramp out of sand... so what materials did they use and where are these materials?

Do you realize how large these things are? 480 feet tall when it was built.

building this in 20 years would involve installing approximately 800 tons of stone every day.

Last edited:
You guys are thinking all wrong. They didn't build the pyramids from the ground up. They obviously just dug out the ground from around it and built it from top to bottom. :eek::eek:

ramps that are over several miles long? It would have to be that long to reach the upper parts of the pyramid you cant make a ramp out of sand... so what materials did they use and where are these materials?

building this in 20 years would involve installing approximately 800 tons of stone every day.

Its not a question if they used ramps or not. Archaeologists have already found the ramps used to drag the stone up the pyramid. They also found cradles and levering devices.

wally wallington has demostrated a technique that can easily move the heavy stones with primitive tools and no machinery or metal. It just comes down to labor and how much they had.

take for the example of Rice

China produces 197 million metric tons a year. Most of that is produced without machinery and done by hand. Hard to imagine most of that is done by hand until you take into account the labor force

In comparison

The USA produces 10 million metric tons. How many farmers in the US would grow and harvest rice by hand?

Again, then why are they building the most simplistic shape given superior technology? Why not build more advanced structures like a rectangle or dome to showcase this "in-human" level of building ability? As another Prime member said, so these aliens who have conquered inter-stellar space travel arrived, just to show humans how to stack rocks into the most simplistic shape that a stack of rocks could form? Even with our current technology, which is just a mere few thousand years removed from the ancient Egyptians, you don’t see us building pyramid shaped buildings (with the exception of the Luxor).

BTW the ramps were built into the pyramid as they were building it. The structure was the ramp. Not a ramp leading up to the pyramid. Once the pyramid was built, the ramps were removed.

pyramidtopper.jpg

Tomorrow's episode should be interesting:

"Iron swords forged in blazing hot fires... Gunpowder with the power to tear apart human flesh... And rockets capable of destroying entire cities... Throughout history, advances in technology have lead to the development of powerful weapons--each more deadly than the last. But were these lethal weapons the product of human innovation--or were they created with help from another, otherworldly source?"

Tomorrow's episode should be interesting:

"Iron swords forged in blazing hot fires... Gunpowder with the power to tear apart human flesh... And rockets capable of destroying entire cities... Throughout history, advances in technology have lead to the development of powerful weapons--each more deadly than the last. But were these lethal weapons the product of human innovation--or were they created with help from another, otherworldly source?"

Unless you think Chinese people are from another planet...lol

Again, then why are they building the most simplistic shape given superior technology? Why not build more advanced structures like a rectangle or dome to showcase this "in-human" level of building ability? As another Prime member said, so these aliens who have conquered inter-stellar space travel arrived, just to show humans how to stack rocks into the most simplistic shape that a stack of rocks could form? Even with our current technology, which is just a mere few thousand years removed from the ancient Egyptians, you don’t see us building pyramid shaped buildings (with the exception of the Luxor).

BTW the ramps were built into the pyramid as they were building it. The structure was the ramp. Not a ramp leading up to the pyramid. Once the pyramid was built, the ramps were removed.

pyramidtopper.jpg

I dont think pyramids are all that "simplistic" - they are the strongest and most stable structures that you can build.... domes and the like wouldn't last 3K+ years like these have... And the fact that they have lasted this long is a testament to their design and engineering feats. I'm not going to say that they were simple at all by any stretch of the imagination....

I dont think pyramids are all that "simplistic" - they are the strongest and most stable structures that you can build.... domes and the like wouldn't last 3K+ years like these have... And the fact that they have lasted this long is a testament to their design and engineering feats. I'm not going to say that they were simple at all by any stretch of the imagination....

Ever seen the experimental pyramids that crumbled? There are quit a few of them.

So if they are such a superior design, why are we not building pyramids today? Regardless whatever you want to call them, they are clearly a less advanced structure than a rectangle, dome or even a curved shape. So why would aliens who can master intergalactic space travel who are clearly more advanced than we are today, build less advanced structures than what we can build now?

Are you suggesting that if we were to somehow become so advanced that we could travel through space and if we came across a race of primitive people on another planet we would only help them build pyramids made of stone? Seriously?

Well, only big block of stones will be able to last the test of time. If we assume the aliens did visit earth thousands of years ago, very likely they did build other structures but they were probably destroyed by the forces of nature over time.

I recall watching a show on Discover where they investigated if one day human leave earth, it'll take only like ~50 years for all the structure we have today be taken over by nature and no longer recognizable. So what would be left after 5,000 or 10,000 years?

The fact that those pyramids were built with stone could be the aliens leaving a permanent clue they've been here before or something they can still utilize/use when they return which could be tens of thousands of years in earth calendar.

Last edited:
Well, only big block of stones will be able to last the test of time. If we assume the aliens did visit earth thousands of years ago, very likely they did build other structures but they were probably destroyed by the forces of nature over time.

I recall watching a show on Discover where they investigated if one day human leave earth, it'll take only like ~50 years for all the structure we have today be taken over by nature and no longer recognizable. So what would be left after 5,000 or 10,000 years?

The fact that those pyramids were built with stone could be the aliens leaving a permanent clue they've been here before or something they can still utilize/use when they return which could be tens of thousands of years in earth calendar.

Thank you - took most of the words right out of my mouth! :)

Skyscrapers built by steel and glass wouldn't last very long without constant maintenance. Most buildings don't last 50 years let alone 3,000 years. Stone is highly durable against the elements and once again pyramids are the strongest structures you can build. Its pure geometry, not because *vegas* thinks its more modern, interesting, or technilogically advanced or whatever.

Also you have to keep in mind that these pyramids weren't built for people to live in. They were built (at the very least) as monuments to last forever. What other material would you use? Stone is abundantly available and very strong and durable.

Another thing that most people don't know is that the giza pyramids were built in a very specific place, and positioned in a very specific way. Now this might not seem that significant these days, but what we are taught in school is to believe that they built these with no iron tools and no compases or sextants, or anything. How would you align a building with the latitude & longitude of the "Center" of the earth without this?

http://www.ancient-world-mysteries.com/great-pyramid-of-giza.html

If you shot a laser from the room called the king's room, it points directly the constellation to Orion.

If you shot a laser from the room called the Queen's Room, it points directly at the star Sirius and its constellation of Canis Major.

Explain to me how they did this exactly? Think about it: This is the only place on the surface of the earth that you could do this as its the intersection of these two lines from these two constellations.

If I were an alien race, and wanted to leave my mark, this is what I would build.

Last edited:
What other material would you use? Stone is abundantly available and very strong and durable.

Another thing that most people don't know is that the giza pyramids were built in a very specific place, and positioned in a very specific way. Now this might not seem that significant these days, but what we are taught in school is to believe that they built these with no iron tools and no compases or sextants, or anything. How would you align a building with the latitude & longitude of the "Center" of the earth without this?

http://www.ancient-world-mysteries.com/great-pyramid-of-giza.html

If you shot a laser from the room called the king's room, it points directly the constellation to Orion.

If you shot a laser from the room called the Queen's Room, it points directly at the star Sirius and its constellation of Canis Major.

Explain to me how they did this exactly? Think about it: This is the only place on the surface of the earth that you could do this as its the intersection of these two lines from these two constellations.

If I were an alien race, and wanted to leave my mark, this is what I would build.

I'd build my structure out of Kryptonite.

This whole thread is just a bunch on conjecture. It's really easy to say aliens, or even gods, created these things - much easier than actually providing proof behind your point. As hard as it is to give a reasonable explanation/proof of humans building pyraminds, it's even tougher to actually explain/prove that 'Ancient Aliens' were here doing all this. If they wanted to let us know they were here, why wouldn't they just leave us a sealed time capsule. A few alien trinkets? Vintage bottle alien wine? Maybe a portrait of "Urgh" and the family?

Many of the discussion above circles around pyramids and large stone henges, which is definitely a great topic and a mystery that even modern archaeology just cannot explain without question.

However, there are many other "evidence" from the ancient past that modern science just can't provide a good explanation. One of those artifact is the so called "saqqora bird".

Did the ancient Egyptians have the flying technology way before the modern time? Where did they get this technology from?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zGVWcF4fssI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zGVWcF4fssI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:
Anybody here still following this series?

Season 3 was a bit of a disappointment to me, however, season 4 is making a strong come back. All the topics are very interesting so far.

I just watched the episode about time travelers and it was a good one.

Wow this is a sweet thread. I was just debating with my long time friend about this very topic. We spent a whole day over the matter. I also find it illogical to have mastered intergalactic or even dimensional/time travel, only to have humans build stone monuments and then disappear without other influences or legacy. I would be more likely to believe that human intellect found a way to construct the massive formations, instead of aliens instructing humans to. Anything is possible though, but I believe there is more sound logic when approaching some of these theories vs. others. I am still awaiting sheer proof or evidence of Alien.

I do believe there is life on other planets, but I would also like to side with the faction that believes we have not been visited by aliens. If and when they do (again or for the first time), it would make a huge impact on civilization. I don't see the logic behind hiding your existence if you are far more advanced than the rest of the planet's inhabitants. They should have nothing to fear if they have mastered and efficiently harnessed the power to travel lights years. The world's greatest can't even get a 500 hp car to do 50 mpg :redface:

I like the theories and any of them could be possible, but how probable are these theories are the questions. I am certain of one thing and that is that we are not alone. No matter how marvelous our recent innovations have been, there has been in the past and will be in the future many greater things. I just would not be so quick to believe far fetched theories from a show motivated by ratings, even if there may be some truth or substance in some of the theories. However, it is very entertaining and interesting to watch.

The new movie Prometheus by Ridley Scott is said to delve deeply into this matter about aliens and the origins of mankind. I am actually very excited to watch their take on it this year other than the new Dark Knight Rises and Avengers.

The seqqora bird is a lame way to think they had flying fingered out. It's like someone in the future once we are gone finding a star wars toy and saying we went into other galaxies. The bird is a copy of a bird that it real. A bird flys so of corse they will make it look like the bird and the bird by nature is aerodynamic.

The seqqora bird is a lame way to think they had flying fingered out. It's like someone in the future once we are gone finding a star wars toy and saying we went into other galaxies. The bird is a copy of a bird that it real. A bird flys so of corse they will make it look like the bird and the bird by nature is aerodynamic.

The question is around the shape of its tale, watch it again.

I am enjoying this season so far. The only thing I don't like is it is on h2 now and not in hd. :mad:

Last season was pretty bad.

So if they find a fish shaped like a submarine will that mean they were experts in hidrodonamics? I just don't buy that to me it is like the helicopter looking drowings that they thought were helicopter drawings on the wall. I am not saying that they did not have have the brain to make this stuff I am just saying that they did not have a airplane design. They might have had a idea of how things might fly but that is far from a airplane.

Back