• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit

Got my center console back from the shop today. Now I just need something to plug these gauges into. :biggrin:
I should be bringing my car to Wil to get installed sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

attachment.php

Looks like we will see you soon for the install cozmo.

Wil,

Having installed 10+ kits yourself, I imagine you have found many "tricks" to make the install easier and quicker than your first install. Since most if not all of your kits being shipped are going to people who are installing the kit for the first time are you planning on providing a manuel and/or a video anytime soon? It seems if someone videoed one of your installs and you provided this video for low cost it might spur even more sales as people would gain confidence that this is something they could do.

Eric

Eric , I am planning to do a manual / video , but I would also like to point out that an extensive amount of work has been done by me to ensure that this kit is simple to install , the turbo components should take the average mechanically inclined person 4-6 hrs to do not including electronics. The people who have done this on their own can attest to how easy it really is , I have done all the homework for you already.

I would like to say that the feedback I have recieved from the DIY crowd has greatly helped me in providing a kit that has evolved to become "self explanatory" to that point that my customers describe it as "easy" or "peice of cake" , So for those who are worried that this is a complicated install , it is not , I can even offer it 75% assembled so your install time will be cut by about 1/3 , not much harder than installing a muffler.

I would like to thank everyone who has provided feedback , especially those who are not afraid to voice their opinon since this helps me provide what people want!

Wil

i wanted see some of franks results. whats the twin canister exhaust?

I believe Frank's car made 380whp or so with 5psi , his car has been runing for quite some time now .

The twin cannister exhaust can be seen here:

Attachments

• Picture_598.jpg
    Picture_598.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,324

Just got back from picking up my car a bit ago. It is rainy as hell here so I didn't get much chance to push it. We did go for a test drive after getting home and managed to find a dry enough piece of road to hit 8psi without fear of flying into a telephone pole. It is gonna take a while to wipe this big stupid grin off my face. :biggrin:

Here are some pics of cozmo's install! I will post some dyno videos tomorrow.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 722
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 692
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 3,033

*subscribing*

This is probably a dumb question but i'm a bit vain. Can someone post some sound clips? The last two NSX turbos i've heard sounded like..well... terrible but the turbo whistle does make up for it.

The kit looks great. The dual canisters look HOT.

*subscribing*

This is probably a dumb question but i'm a bit vain. Can someone post some sound clips? The last two NSX turbos i've heard sounded like..well... terrible but the turbo whistle does make up for it.

The kit looks great. The dual canisters look HOT.

I have many sound clips here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nellerzh8r#p/u/13/l4We8zczIO0

I think you will agree these are some of the BEST sounding nsx's ...

I also want to make it clear that the twin cannister exhaust IS NOT being produced yet , probably not for quite a while.

Oh and in case nobody noticed in the pics of my car, I opted for the upgraded oil lines and fittings which also had the added benefit of the line I was worried about not even running under the pipe. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Hey Cozmo, what made you go with the Borla vs. Magnaflow? Would love to see/hear a vid clip. I'm very interested in this kit.
Oh and in case nobody noticed in the pics of my car, I opted for the upgraded oil lines and fittings which also had the added benefit of the line I was worried about not even running under the pipe. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Hey Cozmo, what made you go with the Borla vs. Magnaflow? Would love to see/hear a vid clip. I'm very interested in this kit.

Based on Wil's dyno videos I liked the sound of the borla a lot better. I'm not disappointed. It doesn't have the noise my old exhaust did when I lift off the throttle. It is pretty quiet when you want it to be, which is what I wanted. I'm going to have to make a video once this rain stops.

Do you have any vids of NSX's with your kit @ the track? Maybe even a 1/4 mile track?

I haven't taken any track videos , maybe you could buy a kit and make some?

Is there any dimunition in accuracy of that o2 sensor when it is installed after the muffler, so far downstream of the headers?

My car still has the factory O2 sensors as well. I'm not sure if that one is even connected to anything but the guage (AEM UEGO).

Wasn't it stated on page 21 that the oil line must be ran under the charge pipe:confused: Or does the stainless line allow for it to go over instead of under?

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Back