• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi R8 GT

I saw some pics of this and thought it was awesome. Different mid-engined car. It looks like the V8 and V10 R8s are holding value similarly to how well the NSX did. What's the forum's take on the R8 GT? Overpriced and going to plumment for a non-worth while upgrade or collector's item that will hold value like the NSX's also?

I saw some pics of this and thought it was awesome. Different mid-engined car. It looks like the V8 and V10 R8s are holding value similarly to how well the NSX did. What's the forum's take on the R8 GT? Overpriced and going to plumment for a non-worth while upgrade or collector's item that will hold value like the NSX's also?

Too soon to say on the R8 IMO.

It's not over-priced. The NSX cost the same as a median sized house back in the mid-90s. I think the R8 is going for about 1/2 that.

I think the reason the NSX holds value so well is because it's a honda that can hold 350,000+ miles without issues. AKA, there's still a ton of value in it to a new owner at higher miles. This vs something like a porsche where if you bought one with higher miles, you would have to assume a $10-15,000 engine rebuild sometime in your future.
The R8 is built by Audi. Although I would assume more reliable than Porsche, and Ferrari, I still don't know how many miles they can hold without things breaking?

I personally still like the V12 TDI R8 Concept better

001__scaled_600.jpg

003__scaled_600.jpg

than the R8 GT
001__scaled_600.jpg

004__scaled_600.jpg

But I think they'll hold their value pretty well. . though I kind of hope they don't, so I can buy one sooner!!

Hopefully it doesn't depreciate so much. I think it's a great car. Actually have my eyes on a dealer's build slot that's still open and at a discount... But then, it's hard to tell with these super high price cars about depreciation.

Case in point the F430 Scuderia - I recently saw an '09 with a decent history go for $165,000 on eBay. Wasn't that also supposed to be super rare with an original MSRP around $300,000? Two years later and someone ate a huge bill..

I don't want to be that guy!

911 GT2's also seem to depreciate rather quickly. Maybe cause of the GT2 RS coming out?

What's the deal with all that?

In concerns with reliability and durability, I think the R8 will fair well.

Its V8 is identical to one found in a lot of other Audi products and are known to be stout to over 200,000 miles.

The V10 has a proven track record with Lamborghini, so I think that would hold up to mileage well as well.

One of my favorite of all cars at the moment. I am not liking the spoiler...seems like it did spoil the looks. TDi is little better.

Hard to beat NSX in value IMO.

Back