• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Camber Correction Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Thom is there any way you can setup SpeedOracle with the tools needed to install this kit? :redface: :tongue::biggrin::cool:

With Tein S springs on OEM shocks, is this Camber Correction Kit needed to get back to factory alignment specs on a 1991? It's only a 0.7" front and 1.0" rear drop... is that not so severe that the camber can be "dialed" back to correct specs without the kit?

Before I put new rear shoes on it, enquiring minds wanna know.

With Tein S springs on OEM shocks, is this Camber Correction Kit needed to get back to factory alignment specs on a 1991? It's only a 0.7" front and 1.0" rear drop... is that not so severe that the camber can be "dialed" back to correct specs without the kit?

Before I put new rear shoes on it, enquiring minds wanna know.

It all depends on what camber specs you are trying to attain.

Now that you've lowered your car and got it aligned, see how far out of spec your camber is from OEM. You might not need any improvements.

Also remember, reducing toe will increas tire life.

Post your rear camber numbers...

Just a props for Thom's kit. Been rolling now for several months with no problems. Just uploaded some pics to my photo gallery. http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=10721&cat=500

Looks great and couldn't be happier. Looks alone make it worth it for me, better tire wear is just icing on the cake!

Anybody local to DFW Texas area that wants to check it out in person, let me know.

Also for the suspension it is HR springs on stock shocks wheels are 18/19. If anybody wants to put the links in so the pictures show up in the thread feel free to.

Last edited:
Thom i'm interested in your kit(well i have been). Since i live way closer now could your camber kit correct my problem??

I put a 25mm spacer on the drivers side and i think it was too far out, Greg z rollin up and Zishan's car in the driveway. he has your kit
DSC00685.jpg

another from the back
DSC00684.jpg

25mm seemed to be too much
DSC00681.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

I'm not sure what the problem about your car is...

Is your camber too negative, outside of OEM range, and you want to fix it?

If you are asking cosmetically, I think it looks better with the spacers.

Looking from the front in some of those photos, I'm guessing with spacers added, your tires are flush, though not from the rear.

From the rear, the tires look like they stick out a bit. This could just be the way those fenders are made, tapering back aggressively and leaving a gap for tire exposure. Not good for keeping road flack from your paint job.

My suggestion, only my opinion, there are a few things you could do:
Get a piece to add to the back side of the fender to fill in the gap.
Get mud flaps! (just kidding)
Get different fenders that actually encase the whole tire; don’t know if that exists
Get a spacer that is 15mm instead of 25mm; kind-of a balance between the two and cheaper than buying a kit that you might not really want in the end.

The kit will stand the tire up straighter and might do what you want for looks, but what are you going for, looks or performance? Personally I opt for OEM camber specs -1.3to-1.7°

My car has been lowered at least 2.5 inches, if not more. i thought of going with your kit to stand the rear tire straight up, then going with a 15mm spacer to push the rear wheel out. I just want to push the rears out a little flusher with the fenders

I'm not sure what the problem about your car is...

Is your camber too negative, outside of OEM range, and you want to fix it?

If you are asking cosmetically, I think it looks better with the spacers.

Looking from the front in some of those photos, I'm guessing with spacers added, your tires are flush, though not from the rear.

From the rear, the tires look like they stick out a bit. This could just be the way those fenders are made, tapering back aggressively and leaving a gap for tire exposure. Not good for keeping road flack from your paint job.

My suggestion, only my opinion, there are a few things you could do:
Get a piece to add to the back side of the fender to fill in the gap.
Get mud flaps! (just kidding)
Get different fenders that actually encase the whole tire; don’t know if that exists
Get a spacer that is 15mm instead of 25mm; kind-of a balance between the two and cheaper than buying a kit that you might not really want in the end.

The kit will stand the tire up straighter and might do what you want for looks, but what are you going for, looks or performance? Personally I opt for OEM camber specs -1.3to-1.7°

Is this kit still availiable, I went to the link where you can purchase but havent seen any movement on this thread for awhile? Please let me know I am very interested in it. Also whjat will be the turn around time or do you have them in stock?

http://www.geocities.com/thomayotte/AyotteTech.html

I have three of each kit left: 3 Aggressive and 3 Mild.

This might just be the last batch of parts I will produced for a while, if at all! I've sold just under 100 sets, but the sales have always been too slow and lately have petered off. It takes a lot of work on my part to produce these kits and it's at cost, too much of a headache.

Unless I got an order for 10+ kits, paid for up front, it's not really worth my time. So, these last 3 aggressive kits and 3 mild kits are possibly it; again with the stated caveat. I'll work with groub buys if a group of people want them in the future.

The link for purchase will only be available for the next few days, after that all payments will be directly through Paypal. thx, Thom... http://www.geocities.com/thomayotte/AyotteTech.html
Maybe it's the way I've marketed them, or bad economy or both. Either way get them while you can. Polymer bearings are standard sizes and they are readily available for lifelong use. If you need more contact me and I'll help you out.

As a note, I understand the first kits had issues and caused squeaking noises. Since then, they were reengineered to reduce noise issues. Ultimately the kits are solid. I've put 50,000 miles on the Aggressive Kit I currently have in my 91 daily driver and they are great. The last set of tires, all four have exceeded 35,000+ miles, this is with both the camber parts and reduced toe.

Thom

Last edited:
Also not sure if you're aware, but Yahoo is shutting Geocities down soon so you might want to move your website to some other hosting solution FYI or it will be deleted.. :)

Thom,
Just sent payment for an agreesive kit.

Thanks,
Ray Aquit

I have three of each kit left: 3 Aggressive and 3 Mild.

This might just be the last batch of parts I will produced for a while, if at all! I've sold just under 100 sets, but the sales have always been too slow and lately have petered off. It takes a lot of work on my part to produce these kits and it's at cost, too much of a headache.

Unless I got an order for 10+ kits, paid for up front, it's not really worth my time. So, these last 3 aggressive kits and 3 mild kits are possibly it; again with the stated caveat. I'll work with groub buys if a group of people want them in the future.

The link for purchase will only be available for the next few days, after that all payments will be directly through Paypal. thx, Thom... http://www.geocities.com/thomayotte/AyotteTech.html
Maybe it's the way I've marketed them, or bad economy or both. Either way get them while you can. Polymer bearings are standard sizes and they are readily available for lifelong use. If you need more contact me and I'll help you out.

As a note, I understand the first kits had issues and caused squeaking noises. Since then, they were reengineered to reduce noise issues. Ultimately the kits are solid. I've put 50,000 miles on the Aggressive Kit I currently have in my 91 daily driver and they are great. The last set of tires, all four have exceeded 35,000+ miles, this is with both the camber parts and reduced toe.

Thom

Thom I'm interested in one of your camber kits. Can you tell me what is the difference between the aggressive vs the mild kit?

Thom I'm interested in one of your camber kits. Can you tell me what is the difference between the aggressive vs the mild kit?

The difference depends on the following:

<~1.5" drop from OEM, Mild. 2 sets left.
>~1.5" drop from OEM, Aggressive. The last set has sold.

Hi Thom, I would like to ask your opinion about if I need your mild kit. I have OEM springs and shocks. However, I had changed my wheels to 17/18 Enkei RPF1 w/Dunlop Star Spec. My rear tires are 275/35 and the RPF1's width is 10 inches and did not use any spacer. The car runs good except the rear tires seems to be sticking out of the fender a bit. Will you mild kit fix that problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi Thom, I would like to ask your opinion about if I need your mild kit. I have OEM springs and shocks. However, I had changed my wheels to 17/18 Enkei RPF1 w/Dunlop Star Spec. My rear tires are 275/35 and the RPF1's width is 10 inches and did not use any spacer. The car runs good except the rear tires seems to be sticking out of the fender a bit. Will you mild kit fix that problem? Thanks in advance.

If your tires stick out from the fenders the kit will not decrease this effect. It will increase the top side of the tire outward about 10mm.

Lowering your NSX, even slightly will enable the tire to lean in and tuck in the fender-well.

All-in-all, if you haven't lowered your car, and your camber is still manageable you don't need the kit.

Thom

Hey Thom, did you send mine out yet? Do you have a tracking number for me? I e-mailed you a little bit ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back