• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chris Harris UK top gear review

Just watched it live.

you all need to watch it.

Glowing review from the most respected motoring journalist in the UK.

Test track time was two seconds quicker than 458 and .1 quicker than 2012 gt-r.

It was only just on live tv. If you can watch bbc iplayer there's a chance it will be on there. Might be prevented by your IP address.

Awesome! Can't wait to catch this on TV. I trust Chris Harris. Very unbiased, unlike some other journalists w/ less skills.

Chris Harris intimated he liked it, without giving anything away back when, good to see it was so.

What I expected with the 458, but I'm surprised by the closeness with the R35! Probably the polar moment of inertia of the front engined R35 suits the tightness of that track?

I have to wait 48 hours to see the program locally :(

Or if you're a fan of BitTorrent, can be found at the following magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:634E879882693B9470AC6D6CE7A4F43B7B0B38BC&dn=top+gear+s23e06+hdtv+x264+tla+ettv&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

EDIT: No sooner did I post that, DailyMotion put it up for streaming: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jj7dw_top-gear-s23e06_tv

Last edited:
cool vid ....the car was quick around their course, but boy did it look like stig had his hands full....I'd love to know what tires were on it...if the contis , then on cup tires likely another second quicker.

Chris Harris intimated he liked it, without giving anything away back when, good to see it was so.

What I expected with the 458, but I'm surprised by the closeness with the R35! Probably the polar moment of inertia of the front engined R35 suits the tightness of that track?

I have to wait 48 hours to see the program locally :(

Harris was absolutely giddy with it, so that bodes well. i'm surprised by the 458 time so far down the order, that's a bit inexplicable considering where its rivals stand, maybe the Ferrari was having an off day?

cool vid ....the car was quick around their course, but boy did it look like stig had his hands full....I'd love to know what tires were on it...if the contis , then on cup tires likely another second quicker.

indeed, an excellent video as always. surprisingly, the NSX did look a little uncomposed and noticeably understeering.

freeze framing the video and grabbing a quick look at the Power Lap Times showed some of the other cars on the list at:

McLaren 675 LT: 1:13.7
Audi R8 V10 Plus: 1:15.7
Lamborghini Huracan: 1:15.8
McLaren MP4 12C: 1:16.2
Mercedes AMG GTS: 1:17.5

Honda NSX: 1:17.6

Nissan GTR: 1:17.8
Ferrari 458: 1:19.1
Corvette Stingray: 1:19.8

Man I miss Top Gear so much with the original members of course... Excellent review by Chris Harris! The new NSX looks incredible specially in white!!!

Man I miss Top Gear so much with the original members of course... Excellent review by Chris Harris! The new NSX looks incredible specially in white!!!

watched the whole episode, and i have to say, i was impressed. Joey Tribbiani fits in quite well and isn't half bad. he did great review on the 911R...

IMHO, LeBlanc's lines all seem "forced" and he has one linguistic style: Monotone. Also, Chris Evans is a douche.

The two "assisting hosts" (if you will), whose names escape me at the moment (The one driving the new NSX, and a younger, black gentleman), are MUCH better at doing that kind of work than either LeBlanc or Evans.

Last edited:
Le Blanc apparently has said he won't do another season with Evans as he's not meant to be such a nice guy behind the scenes. Disrespectful and unpleasant apparently.

Chris Harris is excellent at what he does.

A good friend of mine has his ear so I've asked him to ask about the tyres. Certainly the understeer suggests it's on the contis.

I'll let you all know if I hear back from him.

i can't imagine Honda would've given Top Gear, the world's preeminent and most watched automotive show, the NSX with shit tires.

when Chris drove it stateside, you can clearly see (@ 7:14) it is wearing Michelin's.

watching the video again, the car looked soft, even in what was presumably track mode. a lot of body roll when laterally loaded, pretty squirmy under brakes. reminds me of how the GTR moves around quite a bit trying to control it's portly heft, but not nearly as bad, as the NSX should sit lower and wider...

There was a lot of body roll surprisingly. Also, Honda couldn't spend the extra bucks for aluminum paddles given all of the aluminum used in the car? Perhaps they were worried people would burn their hands in the summer? :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Was the Stig in Track Mode?!!

Can someone with time on their hands compare cornering attitude at Thermal with this Top Gear video [I'm not only lazy but rather busy at the moment! :) ]

He had to be in track mode with minimal assist getting fatiqued like that.

Top Gear always use the maximum settings on cars they test - so track mode, all assists off if possible (or necessary), etc.. If dampers are adjustable they adjust them too. As for the tires i'd be surprised too if Honda gave them the entry level road Contis.. The time is not too suprising given the similar mass of the GTR. One thing they dont do though is align conditions (temperature, humidity) so a car running on a fresh, dry track with low air temperature will have better times.

There was a lot of body roll surprisingly. Also, Honda couldn't spend the extra bucks for aluminum paddles given all of the aluminum used in the car? Perhaps they were worried people would burn their hands in the summer? :rolleyes:

At NSXPO when we met with the design team, they asked me what they should improve upon from the previous model. I told them to avoid a cheap interior. With rubber pedals and cheap paddle shifters, it appears they have repeated the mistake and cut corners on the car. Their target customers are going to notice the difference as Chris Harris just demonstrated.

Thankful that Chris Harris was the one to review this car!
I wonder if they next year model they will update the shifters?

Echoing others, Chris Evans needs to be dropped he is terrible on and off camera.

Also, Honda couldn't spend the extra bucks for aluminum paddles given all of the aluminum used in the car? Perhaps they were worried people would burn their hands in the summer? :rolleyes:
Weight saving. Still a fat chick. :)

Back