• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coilover issues

sorry for the late reply guys! I did install those end links and they work great - the only drawback is that you can only use the middle mounting hole on the dali sway bars.. it does not have enough range of motion on the heim joints to reach all the way over there and not bind up... also the black bolts could be a little bit longer to accommodate any bushings you might want to install... so I was not able to use any bushings with these end links... other than that they h ave held up great! I just wish I could use them with the stiffest setting on my sway bars!

sorry for the late reply guys! I did install those end links and they work great - the only drawback is that you can only use the middle mounting hole on the dali sway bars.. it does not have enough range of motion on the heim joints to reach all the way over there and not bind up... also the black bolts could be a little bit longer to accommodate any bushings you might want to install... so I was not able to use any bushings with these end links... other than that they h ave held up great! I just wish I could use them with the stiffest setting on my sway bars!

Great feedback! Thanks, are they binding on the upper or lower rod end? Have you tried making the set longer to accommodate the stiffest setting?

LMK how we need to change them to make them work!

Dave

Great feedback! Thanks, are they binding on the upper or lower rod end? Have you tried making the set longer to accommodate the stiffest setting?

LMK how we need to change them to make them work!

Dave

well you have to have them both extended on both sides (upper and lower) for it to get anywhere near the stiffest setting on those sway bars... making them longer doesn't help as it still doesn't line up with the mounting holes enough to get the bolts in...

What I think would work is if you had bigger heim joints (if thats possible) to allow more range of motion... would this work?

well you have to have them both extended on both sides (upper and lower) for it to get anywhere near the stiffest setting on those sway bars... making them longer doesn't help as it still doesn't line up with the mounting holes enough to get the bolts in...

What I think would work is if you had bigger heim joints (if thats possible) to allow more range of motion... would this work?

These have a greater angular range of motion than the 10 mm usually used, I think the limiting factor is the rod end mount to the lower A arm. If the bolt and step down spacer were longer, moving the rod end 12 mm forward, do you think that would work?

I can make a couple of spacers for you to try and send them out with longer bolts if you want to try that.

Thanks again for the input, I have 3 other sets out there that seem to be fine, but this is the process that makes a much better set of parts!
LMK,
Dave

Back