• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crashed my NSX...

Update, I talked to the estimator today after he reinspected the car. At this point, he may recommend they total it.

I didn't have any aftermarket parts on the car yet, thank goodness. I thinl in order to get the aftermarket parts covered you need to specifically have them insured.

As far as my rate hike, I don't wanna know :(.

Bat

Update, I talked to the estimator today after he reinspected the car. At this point, he may recommend they total it.

I didn't have any aftermarket parts on the car yet, thank goodness. I thinl in order to get the aftermarket parts covered you need to specifically have them insured.

Bat

Rate hike various from company to company.

State Farm and Allstate are the 2 that i know that have "accident forgiveness" policies.

With State farm I can have an accident or ticket every 6 years and still be in their highest discount rate of "Superior"

Really sorry about your loss Bat.

Didn't expect you to get rid of it THIS way. You usually mod them up and then sell!

Lol, no kidding. Trying to find a replacement now. If I can't find one, might look nto a 2010 GTR or another Viper...I would consider a white 02-05 nsx, bit lbbp is mu first choice!

Bat

Bat

When my NSX was a total thru Farmers: NSX was insured under a pleasure vehicle that was to be driven 8500mi or less per year. Pre accident yearly premium was $840. Post accident was going to be $2700 per year, which I politely declined (not really what I was thinking of words wise). Didn't check what the other vehicles I had insured with them would be changed to, nor did I want to know. Ended up with AAA and payed slightly more for 3 years and now my rates are lower then my pre accident premiums with more coverage.
YMMV,
John

well, here she is.....

nsxcrash.jpg

nsxcrash2.jpg

nsxcrash1.jpg

nsxcrash3.jpg

Bat™

Car doesn't look anywhere near as bad as I expected... but I assume it looked wayyy worse with the original body panels still on it. Any pics with all of them still on Bat?

Don't give up, its a great reliable exotic that you'll enjoy in the future... don't let a bad experience steer you away from the nsx Bat!

Sorry to hear about this - This is a good reminder to everyone:

Check your tire pressure every week and also inspect the inside of the tires for wear... I almost did the same thing until I bought 2 new year tires...

I also had the toe alignment set to zero on the fronts so now they dont wear out as fast... I just wish I had a camber kit so the rears would last longer...

anyways BE SAFE!! and glad ur ok.... $28K seems steep though... :(

I'm not a body person, but that damage doesn't look all too bad. That looks like a fun project for someone who could get a shop to straighten out the frame, and source out the rest of the parts from the FS section, and make it a great weekend track car.

Looks like he took it to the dealship Repair shop, hope things work out, poor NSX.

Your rear tires look like Slicks, no tread left, is that why you got into a wreck?

the first time you feel the car slide a little in any weather you should get new tires, yikes

Last edited:
I think LBB is the most crashed NSX colour in the UK. A couple of years ago, an NSX owner drove his car over to France, crashed it, but couldn't claim on his insurance because he hadn't told the insurance company about the trip.
All he needed to do was make one call. At the time the car was worth over £40k. At least you were insured.

Good luck with your search for another one.

Cheers,

James

If I dont find another LBBP, I might consider an 02-05 white. I'm also looking at getting another GTR or Viper. Even looking into an R8.

Bat™

White is going to be even harder to find than blue.

Personally, I'd skip the GTR (at least from how you mod things, I'd probably get a GTR and just leave it stock) ... maybe a rare edition Viper this time, but dude, you've already done that. (both of those, right??)

Used 360's and R8's are coming down in price... Aston V8 Vantage as well... try something different if you're not doing the NSX!

Last edited:
All my Vipers have been ultra limited edition because I've customized them so much to my liking :D. I was actually thinking of getting a white 09 Viper coupe and having it done somewhat like the new acr-x paint scheme. R8 still out of range at this point. Havent looked into the V8 Vantage. 360 not considering at this point. GTR, would probably do most cosmetic changes.

Bat™

All my Vipers have been ultra limited edition because I've customized them so much to my liking :D. I was actually thinking of getting a white 09 Viper coupe and having it done somewhat like the new acr-x paint scheme. R8 still out of range at this point. Havent looked into the V8 Vantage. 360 not considering at this point. GTR, would probably do most cosmetic changes.

Bat™

Since you have an affinity for blue cars, I would purchase a GTR and vinyl wrap it in Nissan lighting blue like the R34 and some BBS LMs and call it a day.

Last edited:
Still waiting on what the insurance co will give me for my car. I've looked int o autotrader, kkb, and nada to find the market value of a comparible car.

Bat

I hope you get another LBBP...

You never really got to keep either of yours very long. I will have to admit I liked your white viper with the stripe. Well I sure hope it all ends in a positive note and you are able to make something good come out of something bad.

Thanks Dennis. Sucks, I know. I had plans for this one that were well underway at the time of the accident. I agree, the white one with the dual blue stripes was one of my favs as well. There is a white viper I'm looking at out of state. If I aquire that one, ill have it painted somewhat like the new acr-x paint scheme! Pretty wicked looking if you've seen it.

Bat

please get another nsx and attend more socal nsx events with us!!!

that is what i would like to see

Back