• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crashed my NSX...

Get that NSX motor!!

I think you could easily find somebody in the NSX world would pay you a pretty penny for it. Otherwise - salvage it and make it a track car!!

please get another nsx and attend more socal nsx events with us!!!

that is what i would like to see

:biggrin: :biggrin: EVEN though........ Bat you have already tapped out your individual allowance of LBBP '02 and newer ownership privileges.
:tongue:

As a follow-up to my post on the Viper thread, Bat should look here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44659&highlight=frame+repair+weld

You could cut the front clip off, and weld in a straight one from a donor car. ERZ has tons of them here in NY and I bet there are quite a few in Southern Cal as well. Get a OEM hood and fenders and the DF bumper kit. A good paint job and you're back in business.

Bat - Sorry to hear about the total on the LBBP.

However, take a little spin down to your local Porsche dealer and test drive an +09 or up Carrera S with PDK and you'll be blown away. My mate just picked one up at 20% off MSRP and its an amazing car. Lot's of mod potential if you are looking to go down that route. Oh and this is from the friend who got rid of his GT-R...

A 911 is the only vehicle I'd own other than a NSX. Period.:smile:

I agree about the Porsche, I got a 996tt and it is sweet and cost less then your repair bill. Check them out and they are supposed to be very reliable and extremely tunable, like an extra 100hp with just a flash. I got it as a DD in addition to the X, but if I had to I could get by with just the P-car for DD and fun all rolled into one.

Good luck in your search.

Tytus

I'm glad that you were able to get a quick settlement and you can begin looking for something else that suits your liking. I'm wondering what that will be...do keep us posted. Best of Luck :smile:

My ordeal will be over when I pick up my settlement check tomorrow. I will say that I am very pleased with the settlement, though it is bittersweet that I am without an nsx again.

Bat

I hope you got what you paid for it.

Well guys, it looks like I won't be getting an nsx to replace my 02.I may be getting myself into an 06 viper coupe and stick a paxton sc in it. I can get a killer deal on one here in San Diego and with all the mods including a custom paint job, I'm looking at about 65k otd! The 09 viper I was looking at is new for about 77k, plus there is no sc out for the 09's. So 600hp for the 09 and o can crank out well over 700 on the 06 plus the price is way under the 09 with all the mods I wanna do! Or, I get a 2010 super silver gtr. I'm friends with the gm at a local nissan dealer and can get me the car for over 10,000 below msrp!

Bat

:frown: Wow, no kidding. Whoa do you really need to put a SC on a Viper? Seems like they have gobs of TQ already. I would only get myself in trouble with one of those. Anyway, just get something that is rare and won't depreciate too much because it seems like you might change your mind later on :wink:

Well guys, it looks like I won't be getting an nsx to replace my 02.I may be getting myself into an 06 viper coupe and stick a paxton sc in it. I can get a killer deal on one here in San Diego and with all the mods including a custom paint job, I'm looking at about 65k otd! The 09 viper I was looking at is new for about 77k, plus there is no sc out for the 09's. So 600hp for the 09 and o can crank out well over 700 on the 06 plus the price is way under the 09 with all the mods I wanna do! Or, I get a 2010 super silver gtr. I'm friends with the gm at a local nissan dealer and can get me the car for over 10,000 below msrp!

Bat

SC on a Viper? Jesus... set aside some extra $$ for tires!

See you in a year or two Bat! :wink:

Last week, after six weeks in the shop, I had my NSX returned after repair. The collision conditions were classic...worn rear tires, wet pavement (just barely), but the speed was less than 40 mph on a straight section of road. When I lifted the throttle to avoid running into the back of a vehicle that pulled from the side street into the far lane, the rear end broke loose, I hit a concrete barrier wall (left front), and spun 360.

Result: $15 damage (replaced left frame-rail and misc). I'm happy with the work but I now have a leak somewhere up front and will be taking the car back. The master cyl reservoir is also low (I always keep it topped off)

Recommendation: Keep adequate tread on your tires, keep the car insured, watch for idiot drivers, become familiar with the performance of the NSX (get your track time in under both wet/dry conditions) so you can experience the polar spin thing. It's surprisingly quick and difficult to recover from.

I've had this vehicle for over 15 years and don't plan on selling it. The look, low maint cost, and performance is what I enjoy. I looked at other vehicles (viper, corvette, bmw. lotus, porsche) before purchasing the NSX. The cost of these cars was way out of line when getting a plastic interior, uncomfortable seating, extreme maint costs,and non-classic looks.

I'll be keeping the NSX

Believe me, mothing I want more than to replace my nsx with another one. Your right, can't really top the classic looks, quality, refinement, lower cost maintenance of the nsx, but there isn't anything out there for me at this moment. Why sc a viper? Never done it before on all the previous ones I owned ;).

Hey dennis! Cars minute coffee on carlsbad is this saturday! I expect to see you there ;).

Bat

Believe me, mothing I want more than to replace my nsx with another one. Your right, can't really top the classic looks, quality, refinement, lower cost maintenance of the nsx, but there isn't anything out there for me at this moment. Why sc a viper? Never done it before on all the previous ones I owned ;).

Hey dennis! Cars minute coffee on carlsbad is this saturday! I expect to see you there ;).

Bat

I am planning on going. Its been forever since I have gone there. I will have to see which daughter wants to go with me. They usually argue about who's turn it is. :smile:

Take your time and look for the right car. If you need one right away, perhaps you should do a rental for a while so you aren't rushed into anything.
I think there will be a lot more stuff to choose from in a month or two. Summer is coming!

It was good seeing you again Dennis :). Hope u liked my new ride ;).

Bat

I was very surprised you had already found a car. :eek: Wow, you don't waste any time. It is very nice. I haven't seen one of those up close before. Next time I want to sit in it and have a look at the interior closer. :smile:

Back