• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: NSX headers

Ok so here is the deal, just phone down to Top Speed and talked to one of the sales guys that does not go on nsxprime. The Manager, Mark, is out til tomorrow. So call down and leave a message for Mark to call you and check the board and help you out. The number is below.
1-888-810-0888
Sergey doesn't work there anymore and this has happened before, Mark will step up I'm sure like last time and do you right.

Give him a call. Another nice person to talk to.
Trev

Marks email is on the website below:

http://www.topspeedauto.com/Templates/staff.htm

Thanks Fffanman for the information. I appreciate it. It was nice speaking with you this mornong. I dropped my car off to my mechanic today to remove the header and sent to a welder to repair the leak. i will contact Topspeed to see if we can work something out.

As far as the leak goes, it's located at a spot (inside and not on the exterior)where the pipes meet. I circled the leak spot in red in the pictures.

e9726066.jpg

4a4fc932.jpg

Thats really too bad that you got a leak in yours.
I am going to test mine here at my shop, since I have them off the car.
I will do a water test first.
Then maybe an air test somehow, either using compressed air or my shop vac!!!
I will have to fashion up some end plates to seal the assembly.
Done!
Thanks and sorry to you.
Trev

Thats really too bad that you got a leak in yours.
I am going to test mine here at my shop, since I have them off the car.
I will do a water test first.
Then maybe an air test somehow, either using compressed air or my shop vac!!!
I will have to fashion up some end plates to seal the assembly.
Done!
Thanks and sorry to you.
Trev

We used a smoke type leak detector before installing them and there was a leak found at the joint where all three pipes connect on the front header...I have seen this on a previous set as well, but the buyer of that set decided not to take issue with the problem.

Hopefully the custom exhaust shop can repair it without too much difficulty.

Thanks Fffanman for the information. I appreciate it. It was nice speaking with you this mornong. I dropped my car off to my mechanic today to remove the header and sent to a welder to repair the leak. i will contact Topspeed to see if we can work something out.

As far as the leak goes, it's located at a spot (inside and not on the exterior)where the pipes meet. I circled the leak spot in red in the pictures.

e9726066.jpg

4a4fc932.jpg

hope they can work something out, I was adding these to the list of things next summer glad I held off for now

I have to say I am very impressed by the customer service of the Topspeed. I sent Mark an email today and received a reply within the hour. I called him to discuss the options to resolved the issue.

Mark offered to send a replacement out right away and asked that i sent the defect unit back once the new one is installed. I told him it might be cheaper and quicker to have a local welder fix the seal. Mark even agreed to share the cost associated with the repair of the leak.

Zahntech will talk to the local welder to see if the repair is easily fixed. We'll have some answers tomorrow. I will update later.

I will say that the customer service from Mark at Topspeed is second to none.
I have never been so satisfied by any company in my life like I have with Topspeed.
If you have a problem, just call Mark and he will deal with you right away in a fashion that would be best for you.
This is my experience.
Trev

I have never been so satisfied by any company in my life like I have with Topspeed.
If you have a problem, just call Mark and he will deal with you right away in a fashion that would be best for you.
This is my experience.
Trev

Thank you Trev.

Hello NSX Prime Members. My name is Mark and I'm the manager here at Top Speed Auto, inc. and also a 91 NSX owner. If you guys have any questions or any problems. Feel free to contact me. :biggrin: All our headers comes with a 3 years warranty from any defects. We stand by our name and customer service. Thank you.

888-810-0888
Mark

This is my experience.
Trev

I have to agree with Trev. Customer service even after the sale is exellent with Topspeed!

When I notified Mark regarding the leak issue with the header that I had purchased. Mark took care of the problem right away; he sent another set out to my shop along with the return UPS shipping label to send the defect unit back. A lot of vendor will wait until the defect unit is received before sending out the replacement, but not Topspeed. Mark shipped another set right away. I was very impressed. The replacement header has been installed on my car. John (Zahntech) tested it and there's no leak on the new one. My car will be finished next week so i will test drive my car and provide another update with the performance of the header.

Just to clarify the Leak thingy! A few of the first 10 units had a little weld missed in one of the collector pipes where they all come together. This was rectified and each unit is leak tested before they are shipped.
Trev

Will these headers fit on a 1995 NSX-T? :D If so I'll buy a set :)

Will these headers fit on a 1995 NSX-T? :D If so I'll buy a set :)

Anyone? Are these still available and will they fit my car? Thanks

Give Mark a call on the 1-800 number.
I'm sure if they fit my 91, they will fit yours!
Trev

Give Mark a call on the 1-800 number.
I'm sure if they fit my 91, they will fit yours!
Trev

Thx Trev! How does it sound? Got any videos? :D

Just ordered mine today. Looking forward to the increased NOISE!!!:biggrin:

Post pics of of the 95+ style headers! Also, can you or Encrypt3d post dyno results for the 95 since the header designs are different? I'm really interested in a set for myself now, the price sounds amazing.

attachment.php

Trev,

Too bad I didn't catch this earlier, you might want to put in some new bushings for the engine mounts while the engine is completely out.

What is that red seal under the valve cover? Everything looks great!

Post pics of of the 95+ style headers! Also, can you or Encrypt3d post dyno results for the 95 since the header designs are different? I'm really interested in a set for myself now, the price sounds amazing.

I have yet to buy these b/c I have not yet confirmed that they will fit a 1995 NSX-T. If I know for sure that they would, then I'd buy them in a heartbeat :)

Mark will pm you on your 95 question.
the 91-94 take the NA-1 style header and the 95-99 take the NA-2 style header.
I'm sure he will sweeten the pot for you and throw in a free pen or something.
Trev

Back