• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my NSX, from S2000 to NSX ... wow ...

In all the drag races I've had in my NSX and my S2K against one another, it's been a dead heat, whether it's on the track or the street.

I've never raced an NA2 NSX in my S2000 though. I would expect it to beat me. We're also at 2400 feet ASL here, so everything is a little slower.

And you can hit 60 mph in the S2000 in 2nd. Just need to move that rev limit up to about 9200 or so... :D

I also beat most 350Zs in my stock NA1 when I had it. But I know those races were driver dependent, haha.

Anyways, I bought neither the NSX or the S2000 for drag racing. It's all about corners.

Congrats on the NSX, BUT you will miss the s2000! I could never sell the s2k to buy an NSX, vice versa! :biggrin:

My 05 CTSC s2000 is no slouch heavily modded BUT................

I don't believe it will be faster than my NSX especially as the mph increases.....the nsx just feels quicker after 60 mph!!!! no joke!

rk

rick
you might be surprised. my previous ap1 comptech supercharged (7lb) s2000 with 4.44 gears would pull an na2 nsx. the think about that ap1 s2000 is that it never felt as fast as it actually was.

Last edited:
rick
you might be surprised. my previous ap1 comptech supercharged (7lb) s2000 with 4.44 gears would pull an na2 nsx. the think about that ap1 s2000 is that it never felt as fast as it actually was.

well if your running a 7 psi blower making close to 300whp of course its going to pull on a nsx. but i've been seeing a lot of those videos with the 4.7X gears and damn, esp on the ap2 cars you need to shift 3 times to hit 80+ mph. they are losing a lot of time on the shifts.

i would say honestly from 0-60 the s2k should feel similar to the nsx but as what s2play stated, once the speed goes up, it just doesn't have enough power to pull it thru the higher speeds.

s-14,

there is a big difference... in your posts you are saying what you think should happen.

In my 2 posts i'm saying what actually happens when i have put the two cars against each other.

In summary

a) an ap2 s2000 is almost identical in performance with an na1 nsx. it is a drivers race.
b) an p1 supercharged s2000 (yes 7lbs and 4.44 gears) would out accelerate a 2005 nsx.

Again i have 2 na2 nsx's (an 05 and a nsx-r clone) and have one s2000 (a 2008) but have owned 3 of them. Point being by stating all this is i like both cars and am not slanting this either way.

Torque has a lot to do with perception of acceleration,because the s2000 has less torque it feels slower then it actually is, the nsx on the other hand has torque and might actually feel faster then it really is.

the nsx has nothing to be ashamed of compared to an s2000. it took 15k in upgrades for my ap1 s2000 to barely beat a stock na2 nsx.

s-14,

there is a big difference... in your posts you are saying what you think should happen.

In my 2 posts i'm saying what actually happens when i have put the two cars against each other.

In summary

a) an ap2 s2000 is almost identical in performance with an na1 nsx. it is a drivers race.
b) an p1 supercharged s2000 (yes 7lbs and 4.44 gears) would out accelerate a 2005 nsx.

Again i have 2 na2 nsx's (an 05 and a nsx-r clone) and have one s2000 (a 2008) but have owned 3 of them. Point being by stating all this is i like both cars and am not slanting this either way.

Torque has a lot to do with perception of acceleration,because the s2000 has less torque it feels slower then it actually is, the nsx on the other hand has torque and might actually feel faster then it really is.

the nsx has nothing to be ashamed of compared to an s2000. it took 15k in upgrades for my ap1 s2000 to barely beat a stock na2 nsx.

i understand completely what you are saying, but i don't think the difference between a na2 and a na1 is that big esp if the na1 has basic bolt on mods. and i understand what you mean by torque giving the illusion of speed, i had a 300+whp 240sx with a ka-t and even though my 240 made over 300+ lb of torque at the wheels my nsx actualy felt faster. weird huh? to me the nsx feels very torqueless, but i didn't keep it stock long enough for me to compare to anything.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new car... I still remember my first time driving mine. By the way... I did the same thing. I drove a ragged out 91 and caused me to end up waiting 3 years longer before I drove another NSX. I also had a S2k for 4.5 years and I think the big thing you will notice when driving the NSX is that it just feels more planted. Be careful in tight twisties... the wheel-base being longer does make you work harder than the S2k. Oh... and the lack of power steering is noticable... but you get used to that quick. All other cars now will seem like they don't have a lot of feel in the steering though. Enjoy and good find... keep in mind that a clean NSX is a great collector's item.

The NSX 100% stock has 235-245 rwhp and weighs 3000 lbs
The S2000 100% stock has 195-205 rwhp and weighs 2800 lbs

When someone says its a drivers race you would HAVE to assume a really bad driver in the NSX and a great driver in the S2000.

If you give either one one mod than its even further off.

Comparing NA1 vs NA2 without crediting for the removal of the 20+ WHP government regulated Header installed on the NA1 is being ignorant to the NSX's History and true manufactured ability.

Apples to apples and oranges to oranges.....
Fair performance comparisons should either consider both NA1 & NA2 using a OEM NA2 header (post 276hp government regulation)
Or both NA1 & NA2 using aftermarket Headers.

Where in either of the cases the difference is 10hp, sometimes less.
Then also the 150lbs weight difference balances out the 6-speed advantage.

Every time someone holds the NA1 NSX against its early 90's government regulated restrictions, they are contributing to one of the main reasons the NSX had many criticisms and stigma of being underpowered.

The rest of the early 90's Japanese car enthusiasts have long dissociated the OEM hp ratings of Supras, Rx7's, 300zx's skylines. For some reason many NSX enthusiasts still refuse to acknowledge that the main factor leading to NA2's having more power is because they legally could.

So why continue to make crippled comparisons?

Its like racing your little brother while not telling him his shoes on back wards, :smile: and then bragging about kicking his ass.

The stock NA1 with OEM post 276hp regulation headers would have best times around 13.4 1/4 mile times which makes just enough more of a contender that even 20 years later the only NA V6 doing that is the E46 M3.

Than if you consider todays performace cars dont have spares and Mid engine cars never needed a engine cover anyway. You can deduct 50lbs off the NSX right there. Thats Just by comparing standards of today vs standards of early 90's, no aftermarket parts required.

If your going to bother to compare today to 20 years ago than you should give credit for a known major goverment restriction.

my $.02

Last edited:
s-14,

In summary

Maybe up to 60 they're kinda close but the NA1 would be ahead and the quarter miles are different as well. I love the AP2s but they're not NA1 fast. I never read an "I almost beat an old NSX thread on S2Ki ..LOL

The NSX 100% stock has 235-245 rwhp and weighs 3000 lbs
The S2000 100% stock has 195-205 rwhp and weighs 2800 lbs

When someone says its a drivers race you would HAVE to assume a really bad driver in the NSX and a great driver in the S2000.

If you give either one one mod than its even further off.

Comparing NA1 vs NA2 without crediting for the removal of the 20+ WHP government regulated Header installed on the NA1 is being ignorant to the NSX's History and true manufactured ability.

Apples to apples and oranges to oranges.....
Fair performance comparisons should either consider both NA1 & NA2 using a OEM NA2 header (post 276hp government regulation)
Or both NA1 & NA2 using aftermarket Headers.

Where in either of the cases the difference is 10hp, sometimes less.
Then also the 150lbs weight difference balances out the 6-speed advantage.

Every time someone holds the NA1 NSX against its early 90's government regulated restrictions, they are contributing to one of the main reasons the NSX had many criticisms and stigma of being underpowered.

The rest of the early 90's Japanese car enthusiasts have long dissociated the OEM hp ratings of Supras, Rx7's, 300zx's skylines. For some reason many NSX enthusiasts still refuse to acknowledge that the main factor leading to NA2's having more power is because they legally could.

So why continue to make crippled comparisons?

Its like racing your little brother while not telling him his shoes on back wards, :smile: and then bragging about kicking his ass.

The stock NA1 with OEM post 276hp regulation headers would have best times around 13.4 1/4 mile times which makes just enough more of a contender that even 20 years later the only NA V6 doing that is the E46 M3.

Than if you consider todays performace cars dont have spares and Mid engine cars never needed a engine cover anyway. You can deduct 50lbs off the NSX right there. Thats Just by comparing standards of today vs standards of early 90's, no aftermarket parts required.

If your going to bother to compare today to 20 years ago than you should give credit for a known major goverment restriction.

my $.02

Huh? I'd always read that gearing is what makes the NA2 faster as the extra weight offsets the HP. If you go apples to apples i.e coupe to coupe even with the NA1 having the header the NA2 would take it due to gearing.

P.S E46 M3 is an inline 6 bro:biggrin:

Maybe up to 60 they're kinda close but the NA1 would be ahead and the quarter miles are different as well. I love the AP2s but they're not NA1 fast. I never read an "I almost beat an old NSX thread on S2Ki ..LOL

Huh? I'd always read that gearing is what makes the NA2 faster as the extra weight offsets the HP. If you go apples to apples i.e coupe to coupe even with the NA1 having the header the NA2 would take it due to gearing.

P.S E46 M3 is an inline 6 bro:biggrin:

E46 M3?
- Yea I know, sorry. ... check my sig. I did 9000 miles in 9 days in one. And own 2 E36's. I meant NA 6 cylinder.

As far as NA1 to NA2, yes extra 20 hp offsets NA2 weight, but its only a 10hp difference with aftermarket or NA2 headers on both which balances NA1 low weight vs NA2 6-speed. A good driver will pull 13.3 in a NA1 with aftermarket headers. add 4.23's and run 13.1's, reduce to 2800lbs and run 12.9's, reduce to 2700 and run 12.7's. Great driver - best time assumed.... As in magazine racing. :wink: Apples to apples.

Not discrediting NA2 but just that when performance numbers and modifications come into play both NA1 and NA2 are very close competitors. In which both are capable of high 12's easily with good drivers. HP to weight is all its about, if Someone disagrees its probably because they cant drive. Gearing helps allot but not when the top speed is only 5-10MPH apart. my expanation of 6-speed vs wieght reduction is here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061527&postcount=40

As far as Fast Naturally aspirated NA1's ith bolt on's... watch this guy run 12.8's over.. & over...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114451

Last edited:
E46 M3?
- Yea I know, sorry. ... check my sig. I did 9000 miles in 9 days in one. And own 2 E36's. I meant NA 6 cylinder.

As far as NA1 to NA2, yes extra 20 hp offsets NA2 weight, but its only a 10hp difference with aftermarket or NA2 headers on both which balances NA1 low weight vs NA2 6-speed. A good driver will pull 13.3 in a NA1 with aftermarket headers. add 4.23's and run 13.1's, reduce to 2800lbs and run 12.9's, reduce to 2700 and run 12.7's. Great driver - best time assumed.... As in magazine racing. :wink: Apples to apples.

Not discrediting NA2 but just that when performance numbers and modifications come into play both NA1 and NA2 are very close competitors. In which both are capable of high 12's easily with good drivers. HP to weight is all its about, if Someone disagrees its probably because they cant drive. Gearing helps allot but not when the top speed is only 5-10MPH apart. my expanation of 6-speed vs wieght reduction is here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061527&postcount=40

As far as Fast Naturally aspirated NA1's ith bolt on's... watch this guy run 12.8's over.. & over...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114451

Ah cool break down thanks! I have to say though I am a believer that some of the later model NA2s benefit from something besides headers since gearing didn't change from 97 -05 there's no way ( magazine racing :biggrin: ) that some of the later model NSX-Ts should be clocking 0-60 under 5 secs.

Speaking of E46 M3 later model NA2 shouldn't be faster but they are. Actually from what E46 M3's have been clocked it should pull and stay ahead of NA2 NSXs but they don't but modded NA1's run neck and neck:confused:

Honda did something ..but what?

its good to see that other people agree with me. i was starting to think i was taking crazy pills here. even though i'm modded, it would take a low boost pulley s/c ap1 s2000 to equal my trap speed and that is if that car has a great driver.

Last edited:
its good to see that other people agree with me. i was starting to think i was taking crazy pills here. even though i'm modded, it would take a low boost pulley s/c ap1 s2000 to equal my trap speed and that is if that car has a great driver.

I had an s14 w/ a xs engineering modified turbo kit. Jim wolf ecu, 370 cc injectors, 4;6 nismo gears and 255s on the rear. i thought it was fast. It made easily 300lbft of torque. I havnt compared them back to back but im sure my 91 bone stock nsx is way faster! And its an auto! The acceleration in the 240 was violent and consisted of alotta tire squeeling and fishtailing. The nsx accelarates like a greased up hamster outta Clay Aikens ass!

I had an s14 w/ a xs engineering modified turbo kit. Jim wolf ecu, 370 cc injectors, 4;6 nismo gears and 255s on the rear. i thought it was fast. It made easily 300lbft of torque. I havnt compared them back to back but im sure my 91 bone stock nsx is way faster! And its an auto! The acceleration in the 240 was violent and consisted of alotta tire squeeling and fishtailing. The nsx accelarates like a greased up hamster outta Clay Aikens ass!

thats interesting because i also had an s14 with a T04E 60 trim turbo running 14 psi of boost on 615cc nismo yellow top injectors with a JWT tune and fine tuned by me with a SAFC II with my wideband 02 sensor. the thing made just a hair over 300whp with a boost leak.

and the crazy thing is, my na1 feels almost as quick. not from a butt dyno point of view because the torque of the 240 blows the nsx away but the way how the power doesn't stop and it just keeps pulling and pulling on the nsx and the rate the speedo climbs.

Great car congrats!!!

BTW this thread got JACKED!! hahahaha i thought i was looking at a new owners car, but now i know i can beat a s2k in my na2

hahahahah

Great car congrats!!!

BTW this thread got JACKED!! hahahaha i thought i was looking at a new owners car, but now i know i can beat a s2k in my na2

hahahahah

even though the thread got jacked, the point of a forum discussion is to share knowledge. now you know something that you didn't know before ;)

even though the thread got jacked,.....

still it's funny to see how far people can go ... :D

derail2.jpg

I'm right behind you! You lucky bastard! hahahaha.... :tongue:

thats interesting because i also had an s14 with a T04E 60 trim turbo running 14 psi of boost on 615cc nismo yellow top injectors with a JWT tune and fine tuned by me with a SAFC II with my wideband 02 sensor. the thing made just a hair over 300whp with a boost leak.

and the crazy thing is, my na1 feels almost as quick. not from a butt dyno point of view because the torque of the 240 blows the nsx away but the way how the power doesn't stop and it just keeps pulling and pulling on the nsx and the rate the speedo climbs.

Excellent description. The Nsx does feel more linear in power delivery where as the 240 was, well, violent.

Ah cool break down thanks! I have to say though I am a believer that some of the later model NA2s benefit from something besides headers since gearing didn't change from 97 -05 there's no way ( magazine racing :biggrin: ) that some of the later model NSX-Ts should be clocking 0-60 under 5 secs.

Speaking of E46 M3 later model NA2 shouldn't be faster but they are. Actually from what E46 M3's have been clocked it should pull and stay ahead of NA2 NSXs but they don't but modded NA1's run neck and neck:confused:

Honda did something ..but what?

I don't think there is any difference between early and late model NA2s - we have done a fair few dyno tests in the UK to prove this.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/

I reckon the E46 M3 has the edge over the NSX - especially at higher speeds.

I don't think there is any difference between early and late model NA2s - we have done a fair few dyno tests in the UK to prove this.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/

I reckon the E46 M3 has the edge over the NSX - especially at higher speeds.

maybe the euro versions of the e46 is a little more powerful than the u.s. versions. but from what i'm aware of the na2 and a e46 is a drivers races no matter what the speed is.

Back