• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Ark Exhaust - $550 Shipped!

i love the price but why no dyno results? seems odd :rolleyes:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
i love the price but why no dyno results? seems odd :rolleyes:

We don't have dyno because we don't have NSX. If anyone ARK installed exhaust system with dyno tested. We will reinburse your dyno fee...

Thanks

kclements said:
Ark I just emailed you.. .. I just recieved mine today and one of the tips is 1" shorter.. I need some help... This thing is going to look goofy on my car if I install it.

Kevin

Hmm.. ??? that weird..

All parts made with same zig ?? anyway I sent you email about return issue...

so you wont have problem with it. Just let us know.

Thanks

ARKers said:
We don't have dyno because we don't have NSX. If anyone ARK installed exhaust system with dyno tested. We will reinburse your dyno fee...

Thanks

That would be very cool, especially since I just did a back to back dyno going from the OEM exhaust to the ARK tonight!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have the graphs *yet*. I'm hoping to have them posted tomorrow, but I know the rough numbers off the top of my head.

The car:
1991 3.0L Stock, 42,000 miles, very recent comprehensive tuneup.

Exactly what happened:
  1. Drove car 30 miles to dyno shop
  2. Waited around 10 minutes; put the car on the dyno
  3. Did 2 baseline pulls in 4th gear, nearly identical HP and TQ, 239hp and 187Ft-Lbs
  4. Took car off dyno; sprayed exhaust with a garden hose to cool it down
  5. Installed the exhaust in about 30 minutes, no problems, other than my shoulder getting tired.
  6. Took the car for a little beat ride, about 5 miles.
  7. Waited around another hour or so; everything was still hot so I just let it idle for a bit to warm it back up
  8. Put it on the Dyno; did two runs in 4th gear, 2 runs in 3rd gear. All four resulted in very similar numbers: 251hp, ~192ft-lbs

Again, I will post the pictures as soon as my buddy emails me the datafiles and I get all the pictures off my other buddies' camera.. I assure everyone that everyone was very objective in this case.. There is no doubt that the ARK made 12 more HP and 5 more Ft-Lbs..

Since I don't have the graph *yet*, I'll just describe it for now..

The stock HP and ARK HP curve are nearly identical until ~5,000RPM, when the ARK starts to come up by 2-3HP, then at full VTEC the ARK spreads the gap to 5-7 until 6,500 when the gap is very wide, 10hp.

I don't remember the stock TQ and ARK TQ curves well enough to say them, but there is a noticeable improvement starting at ~5,000RPM.

Again, graphs as soon as I get the data files!!

Also keep in mind that my car does NOT HAVE HEADERS. The free flowing exhaust and headers could present much different results..

Ok; done with the facts and onto the objective parts of the product. The ARK exhaust is first rate.. Build quality is great, and it has perfect fitment onto the car(pics tomorrow). Exhaust note: This is the first NSX I've heard with an aftermarket exhaust and at low RPMS I think it sounds like a cross between a CBR600 and a Honda Civic with a big can on it. I think this is a matter of taste; I'd prefer something a little bit deeper, but I'm used to my buddies' F355. Now, after you get on the gas and get into 3,000+RPM it sounds great. There is absolutely no drone on the highway; sure you can hear it, but when cruising it is certainly no louder than my bone stock BMW M3. Give it some gas and it makes a nice note however.

I hope this sheds some light for you potential buyers, but to be honest, there are no other reliable dyno results of a 3.0L with baselines before and after an exhaust change. One member posted a dyno result, but I am very skeptical that it was done objectively so I really can't count that.. If you look at all the dyno results in the FAQ it is lacking objective data like I am presenting here; but if you look at all the dyno plots, and compare different cars with different mods, it seems that a 10hp and 5ft-lbs is to be expected.. I would like to see a "shootout" of different exhausts to see which actually makes the "most" power; but I think they are probably all in this ballpark..

Sorry for the long wind,
-Jeremy

PS: You can actually feel the difference while driving, or maybe that is just the noise. :)

Update:
I'm going to fix my numbers above but leave the initial post as it is..

The best runs for both the baseline and the ARK:
Best_Runs.jpg

Just to show how consistent all the graphs where, here are all my runs made in 4th gear:
All_4th_runs.jpg

Last edited:
nsxsupra said:
There is no need to discount it. That is my actual before/after dyno graph on my Nsx, not from the vendor. Original thread here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51002&highlight=taitec+dyno+result

My before/after dyno was done on sameday by Autowave which is one of the very best nsx shop in the nation. I did not get the exhaust through any of the the vendors. I purchased the exhaust in Japan from Taitec and carried it back as a luggage back to the States. It is lightweight, not too bulky without the box.

FAQ is not always 100% correct or updated, it has not been updated for years. Like I said there are miscenceptions and people believe them. Nsx are fairly rare, the amount of dyno results are never going to be as widely available as results for other cars. Don't let the misconceptions fool you. There are other good results on the forum (use the search function) for other exhausts with no header(Anytime, Flowmaster, Dali racing, etc). I can see why people would assume or believe misconceptions when they never serched for the results or experienced the actual gain..

The 25rwhp gain made a huge difference on actual driving the nsx, since it is lightweight and not a powerful car to start with. It is not easy for me to get impressed unless the gain is overwhelmingly noticeable. I am used to feeling 100rwhp~300 rwhp gains on turbo cars.

Make sure you do the before/after on your dyno session. You will be surprised with your gains.

Very interesting.. You can see the post I just made.. I am still not convinced of your results to be honest; they aren't in line with what I've seen from other cars with just an exhaust.. I have tried to find other threads on 3.0L with just exhaust via search but only found yours.. Could you provide the links?

In all seroiusness, I am not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think your dyno results are valid or accurate.. I have a couple reasons for this, and I have gone into them more in this post.. I really am trying to be fair, so please don't take offense to my comments; I don't mean them in a negative way.

In the dyno results you have; exactly what was done to the car between the before and after dyno results? I am very skeptical on this kind of thing; I am sorry about that.. But I really don't believe this dyno to be acurate or objective.. Every other before/after exhaust only dyno result I have seen shows that below 4,000RPM the OEM and aftermarket exhaust are very close in power; this makes sense since the more restrictive OEM exhaust wouldn't matter as much when less exhaust gasses were flowing; and as RPMs increased it matters more. Your result does not follow the typical pattern..

Another reason I don't trust your dyno result... 270 rwhp from a 3.0L???? Can you please link to other dyno results of cars with comparable mods that make anywhere near this much? I can't find any, other than cars with ported heads, different cams, etc....

This sounds crazy, but I'm seriously considering buying a Taitec just so I can do a dyno run with it..

-Jer

Last edited:
Well.. If you did dyno test with ARK Exhaust system, Please provide us graph chart. So we can see it. And also need hard copy .

I know ARK exhaust made a about 12HP on Nissan 350Z & Hyundai Tiburon V6 2.7 Eng. also gave us about 10 ~ 12 hp. That is result from APEX (350Z) dyno with ARK exhaust system with 350Z... I really like to see dyno from NSX.

Thanks

kclements said:
Ark I just emailed you.. .. I just recieved mine today and one of the tips is 1" shorter.. I need some help... This thing is going to look goofy on my car if I install it.

Kevin
Are you sure? I don't think you can tell until the exhaust goes on the car. I have seen a few other ARK exhausts on different NSXs and the workmanship is top notch and they all fit dead center.
Steve

ARKers said:
Well.. If you did dyno test with ARK Exhaust system, Please provide us graph chart. So we can see it. And also need hard copy .

I know ARK exhaust made a about 12HP on Nissan 350Z & Hyundai Tiburon V6 2.7 Eng. also gave us about 10 ~ 12 hp. That is result from APEX (350Z) dyno with ARK exhaust system with 350Z... I really like to see dyno from NSX.

Thanks

Here you go my friends.. I just edited my previous post to add the dyno graphs:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=476335&postcount=156

jdc1687 said:
Every other before/after exhaust only dyno result I have seen shows that below 4,000RPM the OEM and aftermarket exhaust are very close in power; this makes sense since the more restrictive OEM exhaust wouldn't matter as much when less exhaust gasses were flowing; and as RPMs increased it matters more. Your result does not follow the typical pattern..

Didn't you said "In so far as I know there are no good dyno results of before/after of a 3.0L with just an exhaust." (post#138). Just
look at your dyno result. Didn't I told you so that exhaust with no header on 3.0L does give out good gain? See the pattern here. If a well made Korean exhaust can gain 11~13rwhp. Absolutely no reason why the best selling nsx exhaust in Japan can't gain 15~20rwhp.

Like I said before don't let misconceptions fool you. Don't just assume using typical pattern. There is a search function, spend an hour or two and look up the links yourself.

The gain below 4000rpm is just better exhaust design. For example Taitec single canister vs Taitec Dual canister. I am not even going to bother going into details. Autowave has probably dynoed more NSXs than any other shop in the nation, they do not deal any Taitec products. Give them call and ask for their opinion on Taitec single canister vs Dual canister. The ARK exhaust seems to be a copy or similar design of Taitec dual canister exhausts.

I love the additional low/mid range power it provided:biggrin:. That alone well worth the trouble and purchase. More importantly approval from my neighbor with F355 is priceless.

jdc1687 said:
Another reason I don't trust your dyno result... 270 rwhp from a 3.0L???? Can you please link to other dyno results of cars with comparable mods that make anywhere near this much? I can't find any, other than cars with ported heads, different cams, etc....

You did not look hard enough or you hardly searched. Look up dyno result with anytime exhaust, I am definitely not the only one with strong results. My base line was 245rwhp with Cantrell AIS/Uni filter already been on the car for months. So you figure -5~6rwhp without AIC/UNI filter. Ture baseline is 239rwhp. Virtually same as your baseline. Only thing different after was exhast and fuel filter.

jdc1687 said:
This sounds crazy, but I'm seriously considering buying a Taitec just so I can do a dyno run with it..
Please do, trust me, it is worth it. You will find another pleasant surprise and shatter another one of your doubts. If you can gain 11~13rwhp with a well made Korean/Chinese made exhausts, there is no reason that you can't gain 15~20rwhp with the best selling nsx exhaust in Japan that is actually made in Japan and is race proven.

BTW: Did you replace the fuel filter? you have very low mileage nsx, if you never replaced fuel filter I would not be surprised to see another 5~10rwhp difference. Other people on prime has experienced dyno gain by just replacing unknow mileage fuel filter with fresh one. Yes, you can find these posts if you search.

Anyway you look at it, 12rwhp from exhaust alone with no header is very good. Adding cantrell AIS/unifilter will also help the overall gain.

Last edited:
nsxsupra said:
Didn't you said "In so far as I know there are no good dyno results of before/after of a 3.0L with just an exhaust." (post#138). Just
look at your dyno result. Didn't I told you so that exhaust with no header on 3.0L does give out good gain? See the pattern here. If a well made Korean exhaust can gain 11~13rwhp. Absolutely no reason why the best selling nsx exhaust in Japan can't gain 15~20rwhp.

Like I said before don't let misconceptions fool you. Don't just assume using typical pattern. There is a search function, spend an hour or two and look up the links yourself.

nsxsupra,

I did spead a long time with the search and did not find any threads that seemed relevant, and I am asking you to provide them. Additionally, I have not seen any threads, period, with a car making 270rwhp without engine internals work. Again, I am requesting that you back up your claims with links.

In so far as the ability for the Japanese to make a better exhaust than the Koreans, that could only be if the Taitec was honestly tuned for more performance. I think this is very likely, but am skeptical of the gains you are seeing. This debate won't be settled by arguing back and forth, and we are hi-jacking the thread.. So, I maintain it is still unclear, but you maintain that the Taitec makes more power. Another time with more data and we can get somewhere..
-Jeremy

nsxsupra said:
If a well made Korean exhaust can gain 11~13rwhp. Absolutely no reason why the best selling nsx exhaust in Japan can't gain 15~20rwhp.

The ARK exhaust seems to be a copy or similar design of Taitec dual canister exhausts.

well... I guess this thread going to far from topic.

And one thing I like to mention here is, Don't trust all JDM parts made in JAPAN. Why ? Because we do produce a lot of Japan OEM & USA OEM brands from our manufacture from Korea. And once I open my mouth you guys will be surprise about that. lolz :smile:

And please don't compare our top notch product with another brand...

Thanks

any more left?

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
any more left?

Yes. We have more coming with 2nd version ARK DT exhaust system !! With different double layer tip with better rasonance system updated !! because many people saying that we're same was dali system, so we changed our system to different quality exhaust system..

But price will little different !! and we will gather GB for first our batch ~

Before: Single tip layer

NEW DT system : Double layer Tip with 3.5" tip dimension.

Only 10 system for another DT system intro price.

Any interester must put 50% down or Full payment.

Product Arriving Warehouse: July 28, 2005
Shipping Date: Aug 01, 2005

MSRP: $ 999.00 + S/H

GB Price : 710.00 + 59.00 S/H US 48 continental

GB member list:

First come first to get !!

And check our site for ARK 2005 Raffle event ~ Thanks :biggrin:

I might be interested...do you have any pictures of the tip?

What do you mean by better resonance system? Does it make it louder and deepr or quieter?

ARKers said:
Yes. We have more coming with 2nd version ARK DT exhaust system !! With different double layer tip with better rasonance system updated !! because many people saying that we're same was dali system, so we changed our system to different quality exhaust system..

Before Tip : 2.5"

GB member list:

We don't have picture yet, because we take photo shooting from our location in USA. For the less aggressive enthusiast, ARK Fabrication has re-engineered its legendary 180-degree muffler inner & Tip design and given it a new name ARK DT System. The ARK DT system has a warm exhaust sound at idle and a robust full-throttle note. All ARK Fabrication Performance Exhaust systems are 100% T-304 stainless steel polished, all tubes are precision mandrel bent and everything is hand TIG welded featuring a limited lifetime warranty. Additionally, they are a direct replacement for the original equipment; no cutting, welding, or modification is required. Installation was a snap because it all lined up just like the stock system.

SM1100-0300D_04.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ark. I can't tell the difference of the before and after. I was hoping it would be the dual tip on each side. Hmmmm....still debating now.

vtec888 said:
Thanks Ark. I can't tell the difference of the before and after. I was hoping it would be the dual tip on each side. Hmmmm....still debating now.

Well.. Quad Tip also under developing process. It will arrive us closer to Sept.
But single is also good choice and less price ~~

jdc1687 said:
nsxsupra,

I did spead a long time with the search and did not find any threads that seemed relevant, and I am asking you to provide them.

skeptical of the gains you are seeing. This debate won't be settled by arguing back and forth, and we are hi-jacking the thread..
Jeremy,

There is nothing wrong of been skeptical. Maybe someone can step up and provide another dyno result.

Please allow me to appologize, my comments were unnecessary, went though a tough day, and when I saw the post it just fuel the fire. I felt someone has just questioned my integrity and integrity of people at Autowave. Ron/Mark/Shane and a few others saw the before/after in their own eyes.

The final rwhp# is not a good indication as not all dynometers are the same. The gains measured on the otherhand.

Please allow me to show you a few dyno results for 3.0L with exhaust no header, there are more, just have to take time reading through old threads, some of the older pics are now red xxx. I want my 15 mintues back :wink::

Flowmaster before/after:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23322

Anytime racing:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50726

and (anytime racing site is down), result is from 91 nsx:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15785&highlight=anytime+exhaust

There is one more Anytime result showing 15rwhp gain. It will take a little while to look through the old threads.

Competech:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37645

jdc1687 said:
I have not seen any threads, period, with a car making 270rwhp without engine internals work. Again, I am requesting that you back up your claims with links.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51002&highlight=taitec+lightweight+dyno
Well, there is always that first. Nothing is impossible. NSX motors are assembled/crafted by hand. Some motors are just stronger than others.

11309DSC00056.JPG

11309DSC00057.JPG

11309DSC00055.JPG

Last edited:
ARKers said:

Before: Single tip layer

GB member list:

8 more days ! Coming to US long beach port~~ Only 10 available for GB price !! :biggrin:

Any one interest on NEW design DT ARK system???

Any update here?

I never got a PM or a tracking number and its been 7 days since I sent the paypal over. Was hoping to get it SOON! (The car has STRAIGHT PIPES right now - lol!)

twizted said:
Any update here?

I never got a PM or a tracking number and its been 7 days since I sent the paypal over. Was hoping to get it SOON! (The car has STRAIGHT PIPES right now - lol!)

Did you check your junk mail box? We sent all emails & we don't have any shipping pending at this time with NSX product. Please provide us your real name so I can track your package.

twizted said:
Any update here?

OK.. One more happy customer !! I think you already got it.

4more days NEW ARK Exhaust system coming with NEW Designed TIP! Larger & much more resistantial Tip.

Back