• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Ark Exhaust - $550 Shipped!

ARK has favor to NSX rider.... We need dimension of Valance muffler hole. Plsease can any one help us?

Picture with dimension measurement much better.

ordered one and SOS adaptors :biggrin: :biggrin:

Is the sale still on? I heard about this post at the track last weekend. Let me know! Thanks. :smile:

What is the warranty with the exhaust?

Just got mine installed yesterday. Install took about 1/2 hour by mechanic. Sounds great. It does seem to have a bit of a drone at certain RPM's that you hear from the inside...but when following the car, it sounds fantastic all the way through the entire powerband. Great buy. Quick shipping.

swbatte said:
What is the warranty with the exhaust?

The answer to my own question is Lifetime on parts. Conditions on labour.

I ordered one and it shipped in 90minutes. This appears to be a very well run business.

THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE SALE ONLINE I'M TOLD. IF YOU'RE ON THE FENCE, IT'S FISH OR CUT BAIT TIME! :biggrin:

swbatte said:
The answer to my own question is Lifetime on parts. Conditions on labour.

I ordered one and it shipped in 90minutes. This appears to be a very well run business.

THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE SALE ONLINE I'M TOLD. IF YOU'RE ON THE FENCE, IT'S FISH OR CUT BAIT TIME! :biggrin:

WOW 90minites... No less then 24hrs always

And our ARK sale will end tonight firm !!

And we have 2 more left.

OK. members ~ Our special deal is over....ALL SOLD OUT !!

We're expecting our new batch about 20days from now on... so pls be ready !!

Thanks all

New version exhaust system under developing status. Coming SOON

ARKers said:
New version exhaust system under developing status. Coming SOON

how about dual tips like the Tubi and hang them a bit higher, closer to the bumper. Also make the sound higher pitch :wink:

Is it gonna be next few weeks or months?

nis350 said:
how about dual tips like the Tubi and hang them a bit higher, closer to the bumper. Also make the sound higher pitch :wink:

Is it gonna be next few weeks or months?

Yeap.. Dual & Single tip under developing status.

And also for dual tip will changing all as new version exhaust system. similar to our 350Z muffler look.

ARKers said:
WOW 90minites... No less then 24hrs always

And our ARK sale will end tonight firm !!

And we have 2 more left.

Wow!! After finding this thread and reading people's reviews I jumped on the exhaust for 599 + 59 shipping.. I didn't even know I was getting a deal; it is $919 now!!! Sweet!!

I ordered it on the 6th and mine took 1240 minutes to ship!! That is 21 hours for those that don't want to get the calculator out :)

Dyno results with my stock 91 with OEM and ARK exhaust will come as soon as I get dyno time; hopefully on the 15th, but if not; it will be after vacation.. I do *not* have headers, so this will be interesting. In so far as I know there are no good dyno results of before/after of a 3.0L with just an exhaust..

-Jeremy

Last edited:
jdc1687 said:
Wow!! After finding this thread and reading people's reviews I jumped on the exhaust for 599 + 59 shipping.. I didn't even know I was getting a deal; it is $919 now!!! Sweet!!
Yea, no doubt. I was in on the initial group buy. I get nothing but good comments from peeps on this exhaust. I am curious to see the HP gain you get so please let us know!

-jc-

jdc1687 said:
:)
In so far as I know there are no good dyno results of before/after of a 3.0L with just an exhaust..

Actually there are several good dyno results of before/after of 3.0 with just exhaust. This is my dyno result before and after with just exhaust no header:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/11309Jason-nsx-dyno1.jpg

If you search the forum you will find other before/after dyno results for 3.0L with only exhaust.

3.0 has shown amazing results with exhaust only no header. Up to 20~25rwhp gain. There are at least 3~5 dyno results before/after on 3.0L.

Most people assume header give the most gain on 3.0L which is a misconception due to lack of dyno results with just exhaust. Dyno time is not free so usually people only have after or header/exhaust results.

I have seen and heard ARK exhaust in person. Extremely high quality and sounds great. Highly recommended.

nsxsupra said:
Actually there are several good dyno results of before/after of 3.0 with just exhaust. This is my dyno result before and after with just exhaust no header:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/11309Jason-nsx-dyno1.jpg

If you search the forum you will find other before/after dyno results for 3.0L with only exhaust.

3.0 has shown amazing results with exhaust only no header. Up to 20~25rwhp gain. There are at least 3~5 dyno results before/after on 3.0L.

Most people assume header give the most gain on 3.0L which is a misconception due to lack of dyno results with just exhaust. Dyno time is not free so usually people only have after or header/exhaust results.

I have seen and heard ARK exhaust in person. Extremely high quality and sounds great. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the link!! I have actually seen exact graph before. I had discounted it because it is referenced from a vendor(don't remember which). Personally, I just don't trust em :)

In the FAQ section there are a few dyno results from one of the NSXPOs that imply that the exhaust alone gives 2-5 ft-lbs of torque; I didn't pay attention to the horsepower..

I really would be happy to get 10whp, let alone 20!

jdc1687 said:
Thanks for the link!! I have actually seen exact graph before. I had discounted it because it is referenced from a vendor(don't remember which). Personally, I just don't trust em :)
There is no need to discount it. That is my actual before/after dyno graph on my Nsx, not from the vendor. Original thread here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51002&highlight=taitec+dyno+result

My before/after dyno was done on sameday by Autowave which is one of the very best nsx shop in the nation. I did not get the exhaust through any of the the vendors. I purchased the exhaust in Japan from Taitec and carried it back as a luggage back to the States. It is lightweight, not too bulky without the box.

FAQ is not always 100% correct or updated, it has not been updated for years. Like I said there are miscenceptions and people believe them. Nsx are fairly rare, the amount of dyno results are never going to be as widely available as results for other cars. Don't let the misconceptions fool you. There are other good results on the forum (use the search function) for other exhausts with no header(Anytime, Flowmaster, Dali racing, etc). I can see why people would assume or believe misconceptions when they never serched for the results or experienced the actual gain..

The 25rwhp gain made a huge difference on actual driving the nsx, since it is lightweight and not a powerful car to start with. It is not easy for me to get impressed unless the gain is overwhelmingly noticeable. I am used to feeling 100rwhp~300 rwhp gains on turbo cars.

Make sure you do the before/after on your dyno session. You will be surprised with your gains.

Last edited:
Finished, 02+ valence and ARK exhaust sound clips

Ok, this should finally put it to rest. The exhaust fits and fits perfectly on 02+ valences.

Please visit this link for 4 sound clips. I've got a great digital recorder but I don't have a mic that takes the wind too well.

ark-topoff.exe is a clip with my T-top off. About 20 seconds into the recording, a trys to run up on me and the guy tells me he loves my car and that it's his dream car. The chick in his car was pretty hot.

ark-outside-mic.exe is 10 minutes of me driving to get a cheesesteak. At one point I get onto the freeway but the wind noise is so bad this clip isn't that great. The recorder was placed in the trunk and the microphone was left dangling near the center tail light.

ark-topoff2-nomic.exe is a recording with the top off and I used the built in microphone on the recorder (it may sound better).

ark-outside-revving.exe is a short clip of me revving the car with the recorder placed about 6 feet behind the car.

Enjoy!

White94 said:
Ok, sorry for the threadjack all.

Malibu, could you please PM me how you got the JDM side tails to match the 02+ center section? That truly looks amazing, even more so with the 02+ valance. Fantasic work, I love it.

No problem, it wasn't easy. I'll post this info here just in case someone wants to do it. It was quite a task. There were 2 ways to remove the H logo, sanding or chemically. I tried the chemical route because didn't think I could get in the nooks and crannies of the embossing if I sanded. My chemical of choice was the Jasco graffiti remover but it would have easily eaten through the plastic. So I tried acetone instead. It took probably 40 Q-tips soaked in acetone to rub through the embossing. You don't want to get the acetone all over the lense either because it will blur the plastic. You want to be as gentle as you can, this takes a lot of patience. I actually have micro fractures if you look at my lens up close because the pressure of the Q tip somehow fractured it and I was really careful! It probably took a good 2 hours of rubbing before I got it all out.

I purchased the Acura emblem on eBay and cut out the two prongs and stuck it on. You can still see the indentation of the old H logo if you look close but it doesn't bother me all that much anymore and you kinda have to look for it to see it but it's still there. The A covers most parts of it up. Look really close at some of the straight on pictures, you can still see that H there. It's not perfect, but I think it's good enough.

NSXBenny said:
is this really the same OR not the same as the Dali ones?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53816

Absolutely not. This has been covered several times in this thread and another thread. This is not the Dali exhaust. It does not drone like the Dali exhaust. Zero-cool, a former Dali exhaust owner even saw it and said the construction is better than the Dali.

Malibu Rapper said:
Update... I'm an idiot, I stuck the microphone in the headphone jack. I retried my experiment with the mic outside behind the car and it worked out a lot better this time around.

Click here for the updated file

WOW.. Great work you have done... Thanks for all.. :eek:

Well... And we have 2 more ARK exhaust system for sale !! last two. Because some members had personal problem. It is your chance now.

$599.00 + 59.00 S/H 48 US Continental.
send money to PAYPAL : [email protected]

But first check with us with availability. Thanks

Payment sent

ADDED: Where do these ship from? :biggrin:

Payment received from P.H ( Using initial for private secure...lolz)

Shipping tomorrow with FEDEX Ground.

LAST one ~~ LAST Call...

Back