• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highest speed achieved and in what car?

Hugh said:
Well it's not exactly a car but what the hell.............

speedo210.jpg

How exactly does one take a picture like this? :confused:

schuey1010 said:
How exactly does one take a picture like this? :confused:

It's very easy. He held the camera in one hand! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually, that is a still shot from a video.

178 on a modified 1994 Kawasaki ZX-9, radar verified by a friend who was a Indiana State Trooper.

197 in a 1990 modified Ferrarri Testarossa in Munich Germany on the Autobahn. Probably the biggist thrill and the scariest ride I've ever had. The sound of V12 F-power at 9000rpm about 16 inches behind your ear is intoxicating. Oddly enough, the car had to have valve train service about 3 days after my boss gave me that thrill ride. So much for F-power reliability.
I used to tease the hell out of him about how much it cost him to show off his Ferrarri's speed.

Hugh said:
Well it's not exactly a car but what the hell.............

speedo210.jpg
so **you're the guy** that "borrowed" my goldwing that day... i see you didn't get it out of 4th, eh?

(seriously: that's a lotta speed on two wheels!)

I think we got one of the fastest top speed NSX here.... past 180mph :eek:
saw this pix in the prime gallery: "Andreas"
3736astepniczka.jpg

man. i wish there was a stretch of freeway something simillar to German Autobahn here in USA :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DocL said:
It's very easy. He held the camera in one hand! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually, that is a still shot from a video.

Actually I used two hands to steady the camera! :eek:

Seriously though it was a digital still camera mounted on the gas tank set to take photos every few seconds. I gotta tell you have no idea what fast really is until you've ridden a Hayabusa.

amgnsx said:
I think we got one of the fastest top speed NSX here.... past 180mph :eek:
saw this pix in the prime gallery: "Andreas"
3736astepniczka.jpg

man. i wish there was a stretch of freeway something simillar to German Autobahn here in USA :rolleyes:

Well seeing that the TCS light is on, I suspect 180mph+ with the rear up on jack stands?????? could have shopped the view to make it look blurry. Who knows, it may be legit.

I am not sure but I had a Defi HUD in my built b16 supercharged civic and I held it at a solid 160 for a mile or so. I had three friends on bikes pacing me and they all said their speedos read 170. Pretty Damn scary with my friends chic sitting next to me fidgeting around a lot. I hit 172 in my blown S2000 on a 5 mile stretch down hill dancing on the rev limiter. I have only taken the NSX to 150 because the tires I bought the car with are shit and I need new ones in the spring. Hopefully at least 167. That's what the books say anywho!! High speeds seemed so much slower when I was younger.

Last edited:
Big_nate said:
Hmmmm, with me driving.........no comment :rolleyes:

With Hurley Haywood driving a Carrera GT, I'm guessing a buck-ten or so. Seemed much faster though after my seatbelt flew off braking for the first turn :eek:

Click here to see Video

I am still kicking myself for missing that event after paying for the ride and everything. :frown:

H-carWizKid said:
I went 110 at Firebird with Velo CT (Thanks Frank) At NSXPO 05

My Defacto High Speed Driving feat-

I submit the following as proof that I can be stupid for long stretches of time-
I already know it was dumb- I wouldn't do it again, but I did pull it off without a single citation...

I once went Solo from Hoboken NJ to Dallas TX in 22 driving hours
For those who don't want to calculate- that is roughly 1600 miles averaging about 72 miles per hour. I crossed NJ,PA,OH,IN,IL,MO,OK into TX in a single day in my Integra GSR-

I did stop for fuel, and to evacuate waste- so you can guess how fast I needed to be going to maintain that average. Lets just say the little needle in my car spent a lot of time on the right side of the dial.

All things being fair- I DID stopped the driving clock when I stopped off at my parents house in Tulsa OK. to rest for a few hours after the all night stint through western IL, MO, and OK.

I have several short video clips of my speedo during the crossings of various state lines...

I don't advocate endeavoring a cannonball style road trip w/out a co-driver.

More correctly- I also don't advocate a Cannonball style road trip....

Sounds like the trip I took bringing my friends new Acura 3.2TL back from Austin, Texas to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Roughy 1450 miles according to the odometer, and it took just under 15 hours WITH stops. I am still stunned we did that. :eek:

Fastest on the ground for me was a 254 on my turbo Hayabusa...GPS verified...backed out because I was scared. Attempted a second run and lost my balls with a max speed of 244. FWIW at 200, the bike feels much more planted than any car I've had at that speed.

Fastest in a car was 210 in my Hennessey built, Heffner blown Viper. A fellow prime member has seen the high side of 190 in the same. I think he might even have some video.......

I have bounced my '91 TT NSX off the rev limiter in 5th, which I believe is 188????

Worst ticket: 175 in a 55....................... :frown:

Ben

beckertb said:
Fastest on the ground for me was a 254 on my turbo Hayabusa...GPS verified...backed out because I was scared. Attempted a second run and lost my balls with a max speed of 244. FWIW at 200, the bike feels much more planted than any car I've had at that speed.

Fastest in a car was 210 in my Hennessey built, Heffner blown Viper. A fellow prime member has seen the high side of 190 in the same. I think he might even have some video.......

I have bounced my '91 TT NSX off the rev limiter in 5th, which I believe is 188????

Worst ticket: 175 in a 55....................... :frown:

Ben

DAMN!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

White92 said:
I did a similar trip one time when I was young(er) and stupid(er). I drove from point A to point B, 302 miles, averaging 115 -120 mph. I maxed out at 143 mph for much of the trip. I even took a picture of the speedometer. (97 Prelude, bone stock & 3 people in the car)

Man was I stupid then. :rolleyes:

I am still stupid now. I just got home from Portland with my new Phaeton W12. I did a consistent 135 through most of Montana and South Dakota. The limiter kicks in at 155. The rest of the trip I was at or above 100, very easy to do in this car. There were only two delays; one in the Chicago area where I was tolled to death and in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours. :frown:
Also, at the beginning of the trip I came down Route 12 in Idaho. Anyone else here ever been down that road? Whined through the mountains, straight drop off into a river with no guard rails and NO shoulder past the white line. I got stuck on this road after dark which had a mist of water on the road during the daylight that turned to pure ice after sun down. Scary ride thank goodness I had AWD.

How much is the cannon ball entry fee again? :biggrin: :biggrin:
3455%3B%3A6323232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3262%3E734%3E33%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323334%3B77832%3Bnu0mrj

3455%3B%3A6323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2353%3D825%3D42%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232425%3A869245ot1lsi

ZR-1 NSX said:
178 on a modified 1994 Kawasaki ZX-9, radar verified by a friend who was a Indiana State Trooper.

197 in a 1990 modified Ferrarri Testarossa in Munich Germany on the Autobahn. Probably the biggist thrill and the scariest ride I've ever had. The sound of V12 F-power at 9000rpm about 16 inches behind your ear is intoxicating. Oddly enough, the car had to have valve train service about 3 days after my boss gave me that thrill ride. So much for F-power reliability.
I used to tease the hell out of him about how much it cost him to show off his Ferrarri's speed.

It's a flat twelve holmes....10mph on my bicycle.

RP-Motorsports said:
Well seeing that the TCS light is on, I suspect 180mph+ with the rear up on jack stands?????? could have shopped the view to make it look blurry. Who knows, it may be legit.

It wouldn't go that fast on jackstands anyways since every nsx's computer moves the rev limiter to 7000(?)RPM in the last gear. This little device could change that though.
http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1926

spyderplayer2002 said:
You drove a lemans car? Where did they let you drive it with those gears?

I am guessing- GT4 (Video game) probably on the Test track looking for a high speed run.

That would explain the car, and the inclusion of gear ratios in the post.

Just a guess.

Philip

H-carWizKid said:
I am guessing- GT4 (Video game) probably on the Test track looking for a high speed run.

That would explain the car, and the inclusion of gear ratios in the post.

Just a guess.

Philip

Yeah, I just realized that is what he was talking about today.

Back