• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy mother of God

"Sound good" :tongue:

I was thinking about version 5, stainless steel. Thanks for sharing information!

Very, very nice exhaust.

I will have some nice clips up soon. My camcorder broke. I need to get a new one.

I am pretty sure that the way this car now sounds has a lot to do with the design of the header, and the lack of cats. If you take these two components away, no matter what type of muffler you use, you are only going to get so much.

I have to agree with you on the header/sound relationship. I look to in the future, replicate the system but as you stated above, I dont think the quality of the sound from the GT-Rom series is strictly from the intracate muffler designs. Most of the recordings I have seen on the internet where the sound quality is different is usually due to the quality of the equipment used to record the video clip.

In my opinion, I dont see the value in spending $5k+ on an exhaust system when in reality, 95% of them sound exactly the same. I agree with turbo2go that the real value in the system is the header/test pipe combo. My personal setup will most likely consist of a GT-ROM header/ Test Pipe/ Taitec JGTC combo. I beleive that it will yeild very a similar very sound to the full GT-Rom system while at the same time being much more cost effective.

My personal setup will most likely consist of a GT-ROM header/ Test Pipe/ Taitec JGTC combo. I beleive that it will yeild very a similar very sound to the full GT-Rom system while at the same time being much more cost effective.
If you want to sound like Dave's NSX, you will need GT-Rom F1 exhaust. I can assure you that JGTC exhaust will sound completely different.

I have heard JGTC with/without test pipe in person, countless times. It is one of the most popular exhaust, very deep sounding, but if your goal is replicate GT Rom F1 sounds, you wwill absolutely not get it with JGTC exahust no matter what header you use.

If you want to replicate or come close to the replicate the sound, you need same exhaust+ any other headers of your choice. The exhaust actually the key point.

Trust me on this one. John/scorp have GT-One exhaust with less than highend headers and it still sounds extremely high pitched. No other exhaust sounds lke that no matter what header is used. You can still use your set up, the result will still be great, just completely different sounding.

If you want to sound like Dave's NSX, you will need GT-Rom F1 exhaust. I can assure you that JGTC exhaust will sound completely different.

I have heard JGTC with/without test pipe in person, countless times. It is one of the most popular exhaust, very deep sounding, but if your goal is replicate GT Rom F1 sounds, you wwill absolutely not get it with JGTC exahust no matter what header you use.

If you want to replicate or come close to the replicate the sound, you need same exhaust+ any other headers of your choice. The exhaust actually the key point.

Trust me on this one. John/scorp have GT-One exhaust with less than highend headers and it still sounds extremely high pitched. No other exhaust sounds lke that no matter what header is used. You can still use your set up, the result will still be great, just completely different sounding.

I wish there was somebody in florida with a GT-One exhaugst so I could hear the difference firsthand. everybody buying these things seems to be in California.

I wish there was somebody in florida with a GT-One exhaugst so I could hear the difference firsthand. everybody buying these things seems to be in California.

Not all in cali, im in nj, Dave is in ma and another guy in va that I know have gt-one exhaust. And we all have different versions/setups so they don't sound the same. If you have a na2, u can save money by not getting aftermarket headers since na2 headers are very good.

Wheres the sound clip already Dave? :)

I agree, I think if you are going to do it, do the whole thing GT-One. This system is tuned... its kind of like buying pieces of a violin and assmbling one versus buying a stradavarius that was designed by one guy beginning to end. Not saying your taitec will sound bad but you won't get the right sound that GT-One worked so hard on. I think any well tuned system is engine back.

Please notice that my car with CTSC after a few issues, gained 112+ HP on a dyno at only 6 PSI of boost running fairly rich on a very very conservative dyno so far. This is waaaaay beyond what Comptech says the gain will be and I am attributing a good part of this to the exhaust system, especially the GT-One header.

Sorry guys my car is at Acura getting a new trans oil change and a set of new headlamps for their bouncy condition. I will post sound clips soon. I just LOVE hearing this engine now... what a sound... :biggrin:

I agree, I think if you are going to do it, do the whole thing GT-One. This system is tuned... its kind of like buying pieces of a violin and assmbling one versus buying a stradavarius that was designed by one guy beginning to end. Not saying your taitec will sound bad but you won't get the right sound that GT-One worked so hard on. I think any well tuned system is engine back.

Please notice that my car with CTSC after a few issues, gained 112+ HP on a dyno at only 6 PSI of boost running fairly rich on a very very conservative dyno so far. This is waaaaay beyond what Comptech says the gain will be and I am attributing a good part of this to the exhaust system, especially the GT-One header.

Sorry guys my car is at Acura getting a new trans oil change and a set of new headlamps for their bouncy condition. I will post sound clips soon. I just LOVE hearing this engine now... what a sound... :biggrin:
Sounds interresting,

Are you running cats (brand?) or straight pipes?

Right now I am running test pipes but I will be running a set of SARD cats later.

Something happened to the links for the pics and I can't edit them so I am putting them up again:

14678IMG_0496.JPG

14678IMG_05031.JPG

14678IMG_05021.JPG

14678IMG_0501.JPG

14678IMG_0497.JPG

And a small sound clip. No comment at the antics of my cousin at the end. This run was made with the valve full open. You can tell it is LOUD. Pretty much covers the Supercharger whine. This clip does not do justice, more to come soon.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/15L5aIWdCww"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/15L5aIWdCww" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited:
God i love the growling sound it makes when you engine brake!:eek:

Wow, I can not wait until I install my test pipes :biggrin:

I'm sure its much louder in person, sound clip doesn't do it justice. When I recorded my clips during my dyno runs I had to stand 30 yards behind cuz it was just too loud. Did you record your dynos?

That exhaust sounds so bad ass! Wow! Sounds like a F-1 car or some exotic screamer! Me likey too! :eek: :biggrin:

I could never imagine that a NSX could sound that great!!!

+1. For a second I thought "Ferrari? Haha" lol j/k :smile:

This sound, was it caused by the exhaust, the headers, or both the exhaust and headers?

Thanks Guys, I will post more clips soon. Its best sound is at WOT. Honestly I don't know how much is the exhaust, or the header, or even the supercharger. I just know that at least in person, it sounds different to me than most of the exhaust clips on the thread here. Some are closer than others, but this is a bit different. My gut feeling is that the headers have quite a bit to do with it. I also think they have to do with the +113 HP gain I got after exhaust and CTSC. Will dyno the car soon on a Dyno Dynamics dyno similar to the one at Autowave and see what the numbers show.

Last edited:
that is the best sounding NSX I have ever heard....and the sound clip probably doesn't even do it justice. Money well spent IMHO.

Back