• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much do you pay for insurance?

I just got 611/yr thru American Hobbyist. Thanks for the tips guys...saves me about 800 a year...which means more mods. :smile:

I am with USAA (only open to current and former military personnel and their dependents) and have a $1,000 deductible on all my cars. The NSX is listed as a pleasure vehicle in Louisiana (one of the highest insurance markets in the U.S.), and it costs me $468 every 6 months with limits of $100K/$300K/$100K. I can drive anywhere I want to up to 8K miles per year. My entire policy for all of the vehicles listed below is around $2,400 every 6 months.

Regards,

David

Amica is rated high, but on the flip side I've been with them for 8 years or so. They were WAY cheaper when I switched from State Farm back then...but now that I have a house, 3 cars, life insurance, etc etc, I feel like they're jacking me up. I mean, all the multi-discounts should help out. I hate the fact that I'm paying $1400/yr on a car that I now only use once in awhile.

However, it is a 1991...and some companies won't even touch it.

I've had Amica for the last 4 years and the homeowners and auto insurance have gone up slowly. I'm now i the process of switching to Liberty Mutual for everything.

My cars will now be $828/ year (lexus es300 and 91 NSX).

Perhaps its time to shop around a bit. Between the auto and home, we'll be saving 330 bucks over the year.

My insurance went up by $18.00 every 6 months. I have 4 cars 94 300zx Twin Turbo, 94 Camry, 94 Legend, 93 NSX and 1 SUV Yukon XL 2002. $850.00 every 6 months full coverage for all cars/truck. This is how it is in NoCal.

$651.08 Annually.

Liability: $100K/300K/50K
UM/UIM: $100K/300K/50K

$500 deductible

That includes $20.00 for a rental car in case the vehicle is involved in an accident and I need transportation. Good for 30 days or $900.00.
Also included is $4.00 for towing.

Married and 51 years young.

Multicar policy.

USAA Insurance

36 years old - not married
State Farm Comp and Collision with ZERO deduct.
I have their highest discount rating (even though I make COMP claims at least once a year and drive 90-100MPH to and from work).

$45/month per car ( I have 2 cars and a truck)

Anyone jealous?

36 years old - not married
State Farm Comp and Collision with ZERO deduct.
I have their highest discount rating (even though I make COMP claims at least once a year and drive 90-100MPH to and from work).

$45/month per car ( I have 2 cars and a truck)

Anyone jealous?

I heard State Farm ins. is pretty good. How long have you been with State Farm? Did you have to hold policy for certain # of years before getting the low rates?

I have GEICO. Don't laugh, it was the cheapest insurance at the time. Anyone else have dealt with GEICO?

Geico rates aren't as good when I was quoted by them since they started to pay the Cavemen.

I like State Farm's claim service.

I call them once and they are on top of it calling me to make sure that I am taken care of ASAP.

No stories of claim agents going in hiding and fighting for every little $$$ that they are suppose to pay up.

I've been with them for 14 years.

Since I am their A++ customer I can have a ticket on the record or accident and my rates will not increase.

26 years old
Male - single
One ticket, 1 point
No accidents

Wawanesa
$63/month
Full coverage
small deductible (forgot how much)
50/100

State Farm was also $60
same coverage
$200 deductible
But the one ticket raised it alot so I left

Wawanesa SHOULD be $47/month but the one ticket raised that also.

My DD 94 Ford Ranger with liability, 50/100 is $13/month. I still have some extra bells and whistles though.

Geico is a joke. Progressive is for when you're desperate for insurance, generally younger men. Simple easy, kinda expensive but you'll get coverage. For older guys, progressive can be dirt cheap too though. Farmer's is a GREAT insurance company, but a bit pricey. That was my insurance company when I was 16-21. At age 19, my insurance with Farmers would have been the same if I drove a 94 Toyota 4runner, 94 Viper or 94 camaro. All under $100/month for full coverage.

State Farm gave me killer rates from the start. I also had an incredibly great insurance guy. I can't find a good one where I am now or I'd love to stick with them. Hands down, State farm is worth the extra few dollars, but I couldn't afford it when I left the military to become fulltime college student.

Lant Insurance. $750 Canadian with an agreed value of $45k. If I got it appraised the value would likely higher.

Unfortunately last year they stopped allowing people to take collision coverage off the car for the winter. That was about a $250 savings. So I was paying basically $500 per year for the last 6yrs if you factor that in.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Back