• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I can't believe this exhaust is still for sale

A real Mugen intake is closer to $2000. I'd buy this if I could sell my Arc.

Why would you want to go from your ARC to this? The ARC is probably a better exhaust. Or did you mean ARK?

- - - Updated - - -

A real Mugen intake is closer to $2000. I'd buy this if I could sell my Arc.

$2000???? That makes this exhaust seem like the steal of the century.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking at some exhaust prices, GTLW, Endura light, Comptech, these are like 1400-1600. A tubi is $2500+. These are all stainless steel exhausts. So to me, this ti exhaust is not really that expensive. It's a few hundred more to get into titanium. The exhaust sits behind the engine and drive wheels, at the tail end of the car. It's a good place to save weight.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I have no relation to the seller. I've never even talked to the guy.

you are obsessed with titanium..go buy a bunch of Big Bertha drivers......give it up...

Hi everyone, exhaust is still for sale, just got back to Canada, taking reasonable offers:smile:

Don't do it RX7.... these guys don't deserve such an exhaust. Especially DocJohn who does not value titanium.

I value blarsy..a priceless drug were i'm from....I come in peace......

Man I spent like $8000 importing a whole GT-1 system sight unseen and sound unheard from Japan. And it wasn't titanium. Now $2500 for a full titanium is suddenly "crazy"? The ARC I have was on Chris's website for $6500 for years. 5K from Dali before it was discontinued. You guys are acting like $2500 is out of line. People spend $1000 on an air filter because its "mugen". This is half the weight of your typical exhaust.

Tof's diagram is still funny though...

I agree. :D

New breed of NSX owners? I don't know, ha, I feel like that's a good price for that ARC exhaust... I can relate to this thread, I am trying to sell my Gruppe M V2 ($2000 OBO) for about 3 months now and NO ONE is interested! :p

on prime the trend seems to be diy...magnaflow mufler,some pipes,and a harbor freight welder and presto..

I resemble that comment.

lol. it could also be market saturation. there have been some new exhausts released like that have gotten super popular and a majority of owners probably don't want/care to swap to a different/better exhaust once they have one. I'd like a Ti exhaust that sounds great and performs well, but I'm generally happy with my current aftermarket exhaust and have other things that are higher priority.

The number of owners with unmodified cars on Prime is probably dwindling, and those who remain unmodified likely do so by choice :)

I feel that the new wave of NSX owners are tight on modding budget (maybe a lot younger than 10 years ago).
Those that wanted a quality/performance exhaust have already bought one (me included x3)
The GRF is the only exhaust I would trade with my ARC!
I have always wanted that GRF but I am pretty happy with my ARC, so good luck to the seller.

Thank God at least a few people get it and don't think it's "crazy". Honestly if I didn't have my ARC I'd grab it too.

I'm not sure I qualify for this because I went and spent my own money and time to design the exhaust I wanted. I'm of the opinion there is no, more perfect exhaust than mine LOL

20120810_014226.jpg

Last edited:
RYU,
How heavy is your exhuaust set up?
Looks like you are using NA2 headers for this set up.
Good question Dan. I just did the math because I was curious myself.

In lbsHeadersCatsMufflerTotal
OEM322944105
Now20112859
Weight Savings-12-18-16-46lbs

<tbody>
</tbody>

I could have saved another ~12 lbs of piping if I went with a standard exhaust setup like the GTLW. I wanted a valvetronic design however since this is a "street" car for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw..

Aftermarket Parts consist of…
* CT Headers CARB Legal
* Magnaflow CARB Legal Cats
* Hi-Low Valvetronic Custom Muffler Assembly

Based on the last dyno run I estimate a conservative gain of approx 25-30wHP on this setup.

Last edited:
NO one wants this exhaust? Anyone knows the seller? Can you contract him if you do and tell him to just send it to me. Thank you :biggrin:.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm trying to pay off my school loans this year, I would already have snatched this up lol. Damn you school loans, damn you! *shakes fist in air*

lol everyone on this thread should get a cut!

I'm not sure I qualify for this because I went and spent my own money and time to design the exhaust I wanted. I'm of the opinion there is no, more perfect exhaust than mine LOL

20120810_014226.jpg

I second that Ryu, mine is the best free flowing (stepped up to 3")! :tongue: Sorry to poop on thread.. ;}
Picture_0121.jpg

I second that Ryu, mine is the best free flowing (stepped up to 3")! :tongue: Sorry to poop on thread.. ;}
Picture_0121.jpg

I like! When will this be available? Must have the the FI version!

You've been PM'd.

Back