• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is Umbrella the only company that offers on the fly suspension adjustments?

I think Ravi has an excellent system for the money, for the nsx. I can't see why anybody else would even bother making one. I bought the front and rear kit with BC coilovers and springs, and it included switches and all. Plus it was packed very well and all the components are marked. I looked at all the solutions for raising the car and think for the money, nobody else will come close to his. I took a while to get mine but I had updates along the way. Switching out some of the components others mentioned is easy, but he honestly has the best solution for the nsx.

Last edited:
I think Ravi has an excellent system for the money, for the nsx. I can't see why anybody else would even bother making one. I bought the front and rear kit with BC coilovers and springs, and it included switches and all. Plus it was packed very well and all the components are marked. I looked at all the solutions for raising the car and think for the money, nobody else will come close to his. I took a while to get mine but I had updates along the way. Switching out some of the components others mentioned is easy, but he honestly has the best solution for the nsx.

That what I was thinking, LOL!
Because.....there are dimented sickos like me and Steven that want to improve on existing designs even if just for ourselves. I even made mine significantly cheaper and Umbrella doesn't make it for my DG-5 suspension which was also a driver. Also seeing issues with his kit (probably earlier kits) made me not want to pay all that money for it.

That's great that you guys are happy. That's all that matters.

Because.....there are dimented sickos like me and Steven that want to improve on existing designs even if just for ourselves. I even made mine significantly cheaper and Umbrella doesn't make it for my DG-5 suspension which was also a driver. Also seeing issues with his kit (probably earlier kits) made me not want to pay all that money for it.

That's great that you guys are happy. That's all that matters.

LOL! Nothing wrong with that. Do what you do RYU! You might end up building a better kit who knows. Don't hurt to try. :wink:

I will be buying the Umbrella VRH kit soon and the problem with what people is having that I know of is the installer doesn't know what they are doing when they install the kit. That is one well put together kit that I've ever seen. I use to play with airbag etc.. so I know what I am talking about and seeing when I see it. Here is a picture of my Audi A4 on bags. I put this kit together and it was my DD. Make sure you know what you doing before you install or make sure you take it to someone that knows what they are doing. You can have a badass kit but if you don't install it correctly whats the use of getting it. :tongue:

It's not just all about the kit, it's also all about the installing as well. :wink:

2541.jpg

2536.jpg
Thats a good looking car!!
Slammed look isn't for everyone but imo Well done....

Quote: "I can't see why anybody else would even bother making one."

About 7 years ago I decided that I wanted to develop a lift system for my NSX because my car is dropped and I'd cringe every time my car scraped while going over speed bumps, driveways and in parking garages... and I couldn't find any existing system that I was willing to put on my car.

Since then I've invested hundreds of thousands of dollars and many thousands of hours designing, and making and testing components and concepts for vehicle suspension lift systems. This has resulted in a collection of lift systems that will be revolutionary when they are released.

I assure you that I wouldn't have spent that much time and money to develop something that already existed.

These systems were developed with the NSX in mind.

We've recently spent hundreds of hours studying, developing, testing and refining installation solutions that will be unique to our systems.

Our lift systems will raise the front spoiler of your NSX by about 3 inches depending on your suspension. Our real world testing has shown that 3 inches is a good amount of lift for our cars for virtually any obstacles you will encounter.

We've already filed 3 patents and are currently working on preparing our fourth (and hopefully final) patent application.
Once that patent has been filed, I'll be able to provide more details about our lift systems and the plans to release our systems to the NSX market in the near future.

Last edited:
Just my $0.02 here.. After 4 yrs you might want to consider doing so. The cup design exposes the inner cup walls to the elements (dust, sand, mud, water, tar, dog poop, etc). You'll notice it's really greasy in there if you rub your finger in it. It might be good habit to just do it otherwise you might risk premature wear of the seals or worse, seal failure. Anyway, just my $0.02.

Good advice for Sure.

Could this be the "iLift Anti-scrape hydraulic system" that bonhamsurf referred to in his "I need a psychiatrist" post ?

hmm... hope your patent and developments are coming along well

Consider this owner interested :cool:

-

Quote: "I can't see why anybody else would even bother making one."

About 7 years ago I decided that I wanted to develop a lift system for my NSX because my car is dropped and I'd cringe every time my car scraped while going over speed bumps, driveways and in parking garages... and I couldn't find any existing system that I was willing to put on my car.

Since then I've invested hundreds of thousands of dollars and many thousands of hours designing, and making and testing components and concepts for vehicle suspension lift systems. This has resulted in a collection of lift systems that will be revolutionary when they are released.

I assure you that I wouldn't have spent that much time and money to develop something that already existed.

These systems were developed with the NSX in mind.

We've recently spent hundreds of hours studying, developing, testing and refining installation solutions that will be unique to our systems.

Our lift systems will raise the front spoiler of your NSX by about 3 inches depending on your suspension. Our real world testing has shown that 3 inches is a good amount of lift for our cars for virtually any obstacles you will encounter.

We've already filed 3 patents and are currently working on preparing our fourth (and hopefully final) patent application.
Once that patent has been filed, I'll be able to provide more details about our lift systems and the plans to release our systems to the NSX market in the near future.

We are getting closer to unveiling the new iLIFT(TM) Suspension Lift Systems.
The fourth patent was filed a few weeks ago. There are many details to be done such as the pretty packaging and installation manuals and user manuals.
Realistically the custom packaging will take a few months to complete.
I'm not going to wait for the custom packaging to be completed before I introduce the iLIFT (TM) Systems here on Prime.

The iLIFT(TM) Systems will work with most brands of coilovers. They have many unique and proprietary features and benefits.
I will be offering 3 levels of features/performance.... Stages 1, 2 and 3.

All of these systems will provide innovative features.
For example, all levels of systems are capable of being operated at the driver's command in a stock NSX without the need to add any switches to operate the system.
This means that you don't need to drill any holes in your center console to add any aftermarket switch.
And you don't need to take your eyes off the road to look for any switch... And you don't need to take your hands off the steering wheel either... And you can still control the iLIFT(TM) System to raise or lower your vehicle while you drive at your command.

The iLIFT(TM) Systems were designed to be compact, efficient and powerful and compatible with the existing springs on most coilovers. They can lift the front of your NSX by about 3 inches in roughly one second. The Stage 2 and 3 Systems have many more features and take performance to levels never seen before.

The iLIFT(TM) Systems will have MANY innovative features and they will be very stealthy.
The name of my company, by the way is, "Stealth Innovative Systems, LLC".
The iLIFT(TM) Suspension LIft Systems will live up to our name!!!

Last edited:
Well I am extremely interested in learning more about this

Our iLIFT(TM) Systems are very low maintenance.

The Stage 2 and 3 Systems have a sophisticated system that eliminates condensation from the air system including the tank. This was the subject of our 4th patent. These systems are virtually maintenance free.

This condensation elimination system used in the Stage 2 and 3 iLIFT(TM) Systems is costly to produce so we did not include it in the Stage 1 System to be able to offer a lower priced entry level system. Personally, I feel that the benefits of eliminating condensation from the system has so many benefits that it is well worth the added cost. The iLIFT(TM) condensation elimination system eliminates the maintenance of draining the tank. It eliminates water in the tanks, water in the valves, water in the air lines, and water in the lifting cylinders. This means that the Stage 2 and 3 iLIFT(TM) Systems with this feature will not have the condensation that washes lubricants out of the cylinders and away from the piston seal. This is a VERY GOOD thing! This is a unique benefit of the iLIFT(TM) Systems.

Speaking of Condensation and air tanks...
All of our tanks are custom made in USA to our very high standards.
We tested many makes and models of tanks including the ones used by other lift systems. Some of those other tanks were made of steel and were surprisingly quick to develop large amounts of rust in the interiors from condensation. Some of the other tanks didn't even have drain valves making it very difficult to drain the condensation without removing the tank. Other air tanks were made of thin aluminum.

We conducted burst tests on the other commercially available tanks and found that some of the new, foreign made tanks burst around 350 PSI.... and that was before the effects of years of corrosion from condensation in a tank that may occur in an actual installation in a car.

After extensively testing and evaluating many commercially available air tanks, we decided to use custom tanks built in USA to our very high standards. For example, each of our air tanks is individually hydrostatically tested to 1,000 PSI for our peace of mind and our customer's safety. It is time-consuming and costly but after testing other tanks, I would want it done for a tank I put in my car.

One of my goals is to provide excellent value.
The foreign made tanks are incredibly inexpensive. Our tanks cost us about 5 times as much to make as we could buy a foreign made tank for.... I think it's worth it!

I understand that other competitor's systems use inexpensive paddle switches that exhaust the used air into the driver's compartment to minimize their costs. I tested one such system at SEMA last year and I didn't like having the damp exhaust air being exhausted into the cabin. We use a much more sophisticated and intelligent switching system and we don't exhaust the used air into the cabin.

Our iLIFT(TM) Systems will not be the cheapest you can buy.
They will offer the best value once you understand all of features, benefits and quality that they provide.

Last edited:
Steven - sounds like a very well thought out product. I love all your mods for the NSX (though I know your iLIFT will be for all cars probably). What is the installation like? How many hours? Does it require any calibrating?

If the value is there I might gets a set too. I must say though.. this sounds like it can do everything. However, those solutions tend to be complicated or expensive but i'm hoping it'll be within my Honda Civic budget! :)

Sounds great thus far. Very impressed.

wow Steve ..so you are now focusing your love of cars and DIY to an automotive product line...kudos.

Somewhere in the beginning of this topic I did say people would be impressed with Steven's iLift Anti Scrape System. Some people may not want to pay the price to buy one, but as NSX owners it is not out of budget. This is the system that people will wish they had IMHO. Is it needed? Maybe not . Is it over kill? Probably. Is it over engineered? Definitely. I wont speak for Steven, but this is a system that OEM car manufactures would be proud to put on their cars IMHO. I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not privy to exactly where Steven's company is at the moment in terms of all the business dealers associated with marketing his product, so I haven't posted any pictures or videos, or any real review of the system installed in my car. I don't want to mess up an legal dealings Steven may face by jumping the gun. The only thing I'll say is this is the first time in US History that Hawaii gets the benefit of having something great before the rest of the US. LOL It's a tease for sure, but the question is do you need a Hot Super Model? No. Do you want a Hot Super Model? I think most would want one.

Wondering if there is any update on this product, very interested.

I saw this product in person during a recent trip to O'ahu (thanks Paul and Chris!) and I was very impressed. The amount of lift, the level of control, the materials used ~ everything was very impressive. I hope to hear more about its formal entry to market.

well since Steve is bringing his car to xpo we will most likely learn more

yes first time with his car

I need to do something soon. These boards are beginning to drive me nuts.

attachment.php

Back