• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is Umbrella the only company that offers on the fly suspension adjustments?

NO.

Actually another system is available in Germany for the KW V3
It lifts the front ~ 35mm, 1.5 inch

Which company makes this? THis seems a little ore clean and provides a little more weight distribution than the Umbrella design. Any more info on this product?

That looks like the one sold by KW to me, and I don't think it's remotely as good the VRH. I looked into it originally.

A 1.5" lift doesn't seem like much considering many of us are lowered by more than 1" already. That basically gets us back to stock or maybe a little higher. I say since we use these lift systems not as something to show off or play with like airbags, the higher it can lift the better so we know we'll clear virtually anything in our way. :)

large.jpg

I have a friend who's dealing with issues with their Umbrella kit right now. I'm helping him sort it out. Valves/solenoids are getting stuck. Lines are too small, etc... The lift action is very slow. Mismatched pressure sensors. I don't know how you guys deal with all that...

I have a friend who's dealing with issues with their Umbrella kit right now. I'm helping him sort it out. Valves/solenoids are getting stuck. Lines are too small, etc... The lift action is very slow. Mismatched pressure sensors. I don't know how you guys deal with all that...

How old is your friends kit? The only issues I've heard is that it pops a lot of fuses.

How old is your friends kit? The only issues I've heard is that it pops a lot of fuses.
It might be pretty old. I will check. Hopefully all the issues have been resolved in their current release.

The popping of fuses are a result of inadequate wiring or possibly just needs to put a bigger in fuse in there. Those pumps draw a lot of current.

One of the up valve's was getting stuck and compressor was on the way out after 4 years of usage. Got a new 2013 refresh and couldn't be happier.

What fuses do y'all recommend besides a 30 amp and synth 19 what's size fuses are you using

Yeah I dunno. I think the fuse that's popping is a 30amp.
30amps is too big but I don't know which pump you guys are using. I'd ask your friend to up the size of the wiring and downsize the fuse. The compressor manufacturer should have a recommended fuse amp rating as well. I'll check on a few when I get home.

I was researching this recently and most were around the 15-20amp range.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the up valve's was getting stuck and compressor was on the way out after 4 years of usage. Got a new 2013 refresh and couldn't be happier.
Cool. 4yrs is a good amount of time. Did you have to regrease your cups or change the seals?

30amps is too big but I don't know which pump you guys are using. I'd ask your friend to up the size of the wiring and downsize the fuse. The compressor manufacturer should have a recommended fuse amp rating as well. I'll check on a few when I get home.

I was researching this recently and most were around the 15-20amp range.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. 4yrs is a good amount of time. Did you have to regrease your cups or change the seals?

I agree. 30a is too large a fuse. If it's blowing 30a fuses that is do d serious current. 15-20a sounds right. I believe I'm running 15a fuses in my iLift system and never blew a fuse yet.

Any update on everyone's projects?

I dropped my car off today to have Ravi's VRH front and back kit installed. Also doing CT SC and some other things so I should have it back by weeks end, will post video and feedback from using it.
Looking at the version Pro Car posted, a 1.5" lift doesn't do to much to help, but I do like the install location in the spare tire area.

Any update on everyone's projects?
I'm pretty close to complete on my setup. It's at a point where i've been pretty happy with it. Driven it hard in the canyons and been thru a few hot/cold warm/cool heat cycles. I had to make several adjustments to the design but I guess that's what makes the process fun for sickos like me :)

One thing I've noticed... I've had to up the pressure now that's it's summer time. I have the air tank right behind the radiator. The heat from the radiator fan heats up the air in the tank. This makes the air thin which means I've had to up the pressure to get the same performance. It's been a good test and so far everything is holding up well. Just FYI for you guys putting together your own...

I'm curious to hear how's Steven's setup?

Nope, never have.
Just my $0.02 here.. After 4 yrs you might want to consider doing so. The cup design exposes the inner cup walls to the elements (dust, sand, mud, water, tar, dog poop, etc). You'll notice it's really greasy in there if you rub your finger in it. It might be good habit to just do it otherwise you might risk premature wear of the seals or worse, seal failure. Anyway, just my $0.02.

I'm curious to hear how's Steven's setup?

It's working great for me. Lift is really fast and quiet. You can see from the picture both front and rear lift at least 3". I can lift just the front, or front and rear. The cup design will have virtually zero wear for the life of the car.

I will be buying the Umbrella VRH kit soon and the problem with what people is having that I know of is the installer doesn't know what they are doing when they install the kit. That is one well put together kit that I've ever seen. I use to play with airbag etc.. so I know what I am talking about and seeing when I see it. Here is a picture of my Audi A4 on bags. I put this kit together and it was my DD. Make sure you know what you doing before you install or make sure you take it to someone that knows what they are doing. You can have a badass kit but if you don't install it correctly whats the use of getting it. :tongue:

It's not just all about the kit, it's also all about the installing as well. :wink:

2541.jpg

2536.jpg

He hasn't shown me his kit but if it works how I think it works then it's going to be awesome. If he's lifting the entire assembly and not just compressing the spring and maximizing the droop (i.e. Umbrella/Roberuta/Stance, etc) then that's how you're able to get the super high and fast lift. Really excited to see his kit and I might even buy one!

If he's doing it how I think he's doing it.. it's going to make his piston assembly part of the structural support of the shock. That's what worries me and liability issues could be of concern.

30amp fuse is to big? I don't think so. If anything 15-25 is too small. If you install it right you won't even need a fuse. lol :tongue:

30amp fuse is to big? I don't think so. If anything 15-25 is too small. If you install it right you won't even need a fuse. lol :tongue:
Crazy talk! lol

It depends what size compressor you're running. A 380C won't need a 30amp fuse. You only want to run a fuse slightly above the peak max draw of that particular component. You guys with full air bag kits tend to run big pumps I've noticed. So I think I see where you're coming from. The cups don't require as much volume but do require the pressure.

Back