• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is Umbrella the only company that offers on the fly suspension adjustments?

I think even with a lift kit you still need boards , sorry but that drive way is just hardcore

I know Steven shipped his car up to the mainland and will be attending NSXPO, so those who are attending can check out his car in person.

Last edited:
I need to do something soon. These boards are beginning to drive me nuts.

attachment.php

Move j/k I feel your pain, I live in new Hampshire and we have the worst roads in the state, highest taxes to go figure.

any update on the iLift system?

Helluva nice looking car you have there... the driveway needs a visit from a concrete fairy in a big truck to smooth out the transition for ya

Worst case, get the Army Corps of Engineers in there to drop in a 20' plate to span the gap

-Cheers

attachment.php

Yeah, I don't know..

I have the Umbrella Lift kit.....even on your driveway....if you angle it and take it slow....you should be OK....you get a fair amount of lift from the kit.

On another note.....Son you're JACKED!!!! Ugh I have to get back to the gym :(

Ha! Tryin!

How high does the Umbrella kit lift your car?

I spoke with someone at Stance. They make a kit for our car, but it only lifts it 1-2".

I have the Umbrella Lift kit.....even on your driveway....if you angle it and take it slow....you should be OK....you get a fair amount of lift from the kit.

On another note.....Son you're JACKED!!!! Ugh I have to get back to the gym :(

Ha! Tryin!

How high does the Umbrella kit lift your car?

I spoke with someone at Stance. They make a kit for our car, but it only lifts it 1-2".

depends on the coilovers.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PHwbvnREuM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^ What he said... and more.

There are two things that limit the lift height.
1. Max Droop (i.e. suspension travel) of the coilover itself
2. The max height of the cup.

The lesser of the two will limit height

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. this doesn't include Steven's system.

I saw this product in person during a recent trip to O'ahu (thanks Paul and Chris!) and I was very impressed. The amount of lift, the level of control, the materials used ~ everything was very impressive. I hope to hear more about its formal entry to market.

Here's the latest update on our soon to be released iLIFT(R) Intelligent Suspension Lift Systems.
I just shipped my NSX to California and will be driving it to NSXPO and would be happy to meet other NSX owners along the way.
I'm planning on doing a product introduction and launch at NSXPO.

We've been working for over 2 years developing the systems and will soon be releasing 3 levels of performance to the NSX market. Stages One, Two and Three.

On my NSX the front lip lifts about 3 inches in less than 1 second and is enough lift for every obstacle I've encountered over the past 2 years of testing.

I designed the systems with these main goals:

High levels of intelligence
All iLIFT(R) Systems feature levels of "Intelligence" never before offered in vehicle suspension lift systems.... thus the name "iLIFT".
For example, it is NOT necessary to add any aftermarket switches to your car to operate the system. This is true even for our entry Stage One Systems. This is only the beginning. There are MANY other "intelligent" features with the iLIFT Systems.

Minimal size and space requirements. The systems use many custom components that were designed specifically for the iLIFT Systems.
For exampe the cylinders are only 3.3 inches tall yet they can lift the front lip of a car a full 3 inches.
Many other air systems use 3 gallon tanks. The iLIFT systems use tanks ranging in size from one half gallon to one gallon.
For the NSX I developed a system that is so compact that it doesn't take up any trunk space or space inside the car or under the front hood.
It can raise the front only or the front and rear of the NSX.

High efficiency
iLIFT(R) systems use air more efficiently. This has many benefits such as the possibility to use smaller air tanks, smaller compressors, less noise and longer compressor life. The Stage 2 and Stage 3 Systems the highest levels of efficiency and are highly tunable to match the weight of the car and the owner's preferences. With these systems it only takes our 3/4 gallon tank to raise the front and rear of the NSX.

Better Engineering
iLIFT(R) Systems feature many components that were custom engineered, designed and made for our exclusive use in the iLIFT Systems.
For example the iLIFT Systems provide protection against dust, water and other contaminants to the cylinders, pistons, seals and the shock absorber shafts. This may not sound as exciting as some of the other features, but this type of attention to design and engineering details will provide added longevity to the iLIFT systems compared to other that don't have this level of engineering.

High Performance
The iLIFT systems do not require that the springs be replaced with shorter springs to accommodate the springs that come with the coilovers. The benefit of this is that your high performance coilovers will be able to work with the springs that they were tuned for and that came matched to your coilovers.

Value
Dollar for dollar the highest value of any vehicle suspension lift system on the market.

Prices will range from $2,495 to $4,995 for the universal fitment systems.
Custom vehicle specific packages will be offered for selected vehicles (such as the NSX) at a reasonable additional cost.

We are currently finalizing our testing of the various components and incorporating feed back from owners who have offered to test our systems.
I expect to release the iLIFT Systems to the NSX market first and to introduce them at the time of NSXPO in October.

Last edited:
Can I pre-order? lol

attachment.php

How high do you need it to lift to clear your front lip? I can take some measurements on how much clearance my front lip has after lift, compared to when it is down, but like others have said my original starting height could be higher or lower than where you are depending on how low your car is compared to mine. However, if you could somehow find out if something like a 6" lip clearance would work, or 8" lip clearance any of us could measure our max lift and give you some numbers. Your driveway looks crazy though, so it may not be enough.

I'll take front lip measurements tonight. I'm not sure how much clearance I need in order to clear or even how to make those calculations. Ugh.

I'll take front lip measurements tonight. I'm not sure how much clearance I need in order to clear or even how to make those calculations. Ugh.

I guess it would be tough to measure. I guess you could put the lip right before it touches, then jack the car up and kind of estimate it, but either way it will be a PITA. In the end even with a lift system I think you are going to need to smooth out that transition at least a little. Does any of your other cars clear without issue? I can go places in my lifted NSX where my stock 2001 Camry sometimes scrapes.

I also noticed you have the Wings West front lip which protrudes even further out which makes your situation even worse.

Last edited:
My wife has a RL. It barely clears the bottom.

There's noway I could pull my car down to the bottom and get it back up without it rolling forward. I got a clutch! Ha!

just thinking thru your issue. I think the couple of grand might be better spent on concrete!

I had always thought that, but then thought a lift system would be cool to have. I don't know. I'm all over the place on this.

My wife has a RL. It barely clears the bottom.

There's noway I could pull my car down to the bottom and get it back up without it rolling forward. I got a clutch! Ha!

Measure the RL clearance and I'll see if my car comes up short, gets close, or surpasses the RL's clearance. At least that is a start.

Measure the RL clearance and I'll see if my car comes up short, gets close, or surpasses the RL's clearance. At least that is a start.
Definitely a great start. Front overhang makes a big difference too. Also, if a rear kit is used it will actually decrease your front clearance by a tiny bit thru the geometry.

I wonder if EAC's front WW lip contributes to the lack of clearance.

Here is how the iLift system looks full down, front up only, front and rear up. It just gives you an idea on how my car is lowered, then how high the iLift system lifts my car. Like Ryu pointed out, because of the pivot effect, when you raise the rear, the front does lower very slightly, so for maximum front clearance you'd want to raise the front only.

original.jpg

Eac take a perpendicular measurement from the verticle centerline of your front wheel to the very front of your lip. Also what is your lips ground clearance on a flat surface? It's been awhile but I should be able to give you a rough idea of how much of a lift you need with these measurements and using the picture you posted.

Chrisk can you also raise the rear end independently like the front?

Last edited:
Chrisk can you also raise the rear end independently like the front?

Shaylord, I designed the iLIFT(R) Systems to raise either the front only or the front and rear because the front is normally the area that needs lift most frequently. Sometimes the center of the car needs additional clearance when going over speed bumps or when going down the beginning of a steep ramp. In these cases, the front and rear should be lifted for maximum center of the car clearance.

My iLIFT(R) Systems use logic to control the lift of the front and rear of the car.
I have never encountered an actual driving situation that requires the lifting of the rear only so I did not include a rear only lift function to keep it simple.

Does anyone have a need for raising the rear only? If so, please post a reply and I could add that function to the iLIFT Systems if there is a real need for a rear only lift function.

The iLIFT(R) Systems use highly sophisticated (and intelligent) control systems and I'd like to keep the users experience as simple and intuitive as possible without adding unnecessary options.

My iLIFT(R) Systems use logic to control the lift of the front and rear of the car.
I have never encountered an actual driving situation that requires the lifting of the rear only so I did not include a rear only lift function to keep it simple.

Does anyone have a need for raising the rear only? If so, please post a reply and I could add that function to the iLIFT Systems if there is a real need for a rear only lift function.

nsx twerking:eek:

Back