• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LeatherSeats.com Reintroduction 56k Beware

I spoke with Eric (at Leather Seats) last week and ordered my new interior...

Premium-Plus Ecstacy Leather package, two tone Forest Green perforated centers with FG bolsters, Double-stitched in FG, matching shift boot (DS-FG) and door panels (FG)...

I love my Brooklands Green and I think it's gonna look sh*t hot...can't wait!

How much for the boot and shift nob in black with red stitching. I Bought the seat already from you guy back when you had the very first GB.

TIA

I am interested in a group buy.

Me too!
Looking for complete red seats with white stitch, perf centers.

Posted from my iPhone

I spoke with Eric (at Leather Seats) last week and ordered my new interior...

Premium-Plus Ecstacy Leather package, two tone Forest Green perforated centers with FG bolsters, Double-stitched in FG, matching shift boot (DS-FG) and door panels (FG)...

I love my Brooklands Green and I think it's gonna look sh*t hot...can't wait!

excellent choice, classy and suble :smile: mine have been on almost a year now and still look great!!!

Perhaps a group buy using the strongest and lightest leather - Kangaroo leather. Very appropriate in the spirit of the NSX being reliable and light.

Similarly when split into thinner substances kangaroo retains considerably more of the original tensile strength of the unsplit leather than does calf. When split to 20% of original thickness kangaroo retains between 30 to 60% of the tensile strength of the unsplit hide. Calf on the other hand split to 20% of original thickness retains only 1-4% of original strength.

Kangaroo leather is lighter and stronger than the hide of a cow or goat. It has 10 times the tensile strength of cowhide and is 50% stronger than goatskin.

Studies of the morphology of kangaroo leather help explain its particular properties.

The collagen fibre bundles in cattle hide are arranged in a complex weaving pattern. The fibres are often at angles as much as 90 degrees to the skin surface. Cattle hide also contain sweat glands, erector pili muscles and a distinct gradation in elastin levels, concentrated in the upper part of the skin. Kangaroo on the other hand has been shown to have a highly uniform orientation of fibre bundles in parallel with the skin surface. It does not contain sweat glands or erector pili muscles and elastin is evenly distributed throughout the skin thickness. This structural uniformity explains both the greater tensile strength of the whole leather and the greater retention of strength in splits. Bovine skin is much more complex in cross section. Hence in whole section it has many more weak points from which tears can start when placed under tension. In addition when sliced into splits the collagen fibres running at significant angles to the skin surface will be cut. These then become weak points in the structural strength.

excellent choice, classy and suble :smile: mine have been on almost a year now and still look great!!!

Was that Your BG NSX they have in their video? Looks like we're almost going to have L & R reflective twins... :)

If any of you guys are interested, contact Eric P. at Leather seats...

He was extremely knowledgable about NSX specifics. Their website has a special NSX template with 4 or 5 options on 2-tone seats. The premium plus upgrades the leather and includes the sides in leather as well as the front panels...

Call and talk to him, he's great!

He may be able to talk to the powers that be and arrange a GDiscount...

Eric P.
www.leatherseats.com
405-848-9999 ext 104

I'm also interested in a group by if they're open to doing another one. Considering redoing my ivory seats. If anyone has a photo of ivory with perforation on it I'd love to see it.

I forwarded a link of this string to Eric at Leather Seats for you guys...

I'll post a good photo of my new perforated 2-tone interior soon...

I would be interested in group buy, any info on pricing?
I would want all black with perforated center.

Back