• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LeatherSeats.com Reintroduction 56k Beware

We’ve been inactive on the NSXPrime forum for quite a while now. Since then we’ve had some development in what we can offer for your NSX interior so we want to reintroduce ourselves.

Here at LeatherSeats.com we have been making high quality, fully customizable leather upholstery covers for the Acura NSX since 2004. Up until recently we have been making these kits exclusively with our standard above average quality automotive grade leather. Since that time we have also expanded our NSX line to include custom shift-boots, console covers, shift knob rewraps with baseball stitch, door inserts, door armrests, steering wheel rewraps with in-house installation for parts that can be shipped and full kit installation for those local to Oklahoma City.

During the time since we have been making NSX upholstery replacement; our local business InteriorWERX has been doing full custom interior builds for our how shall we put it…our less price sensitive clients. For these custom interiors builds we have been using a high end top grain Italian leather that we call “Ecstasy”. Over the past year we have started offering this leather as an optional upgrade over our standard leather for a selected number of our production leather kit patterns, which includes the NSX. We’ve had a great response from customers worldwide with this new leather option so we wanted to share it with the NSXPrime community.

Ecstasy is a full line of top quality top grain Italian aniline dyed protected automotive leathers. The standard leather hides that we use are automotive grade, vat dyed, corrected grain leather materials which are above the average quality used on the factory Acura NSX. All Ecstasy leather hides are finished using only grade A Brahma Bull top grain crusts. The manufacturing process uses a fully protected aniline finish with a final layer of color pigment to ensure color consistency throughout the hide. Because the leather is a true full grain material the texture of each hide will vary from hide to hide and from part to part. That said a leather kit built using Ecstasy leather will fit and look better than a kit built using the standard automotive leathers. Because the Ecstasy leather line only uses top grain top quality grade A leather crust and is tanned at one of the most technologically advanced tanneries in Italy we are able to offer a leather that combines a superior hand (overall softness/feel/malleability/etc.) with world class durability. We believe that this is the highest quality leather and the highest quality upholstery replacement package that you can buy anywhere for your Acura NSX.

As well as offering Ecstasy in the last year we have been offering the option of upgrading your inserts to REAL Alcantara. As of now we are only stocking it in Black and Graphite, but we are planning to expand what we stock as demand increases. This is a great option for those who want the benefits of Alcantara while retaining the original seat.

If you are interested in redoing/upgrading your NSX seats we can mail out some samples of both our standard and Ecstasy leathers for you to experience in person. Pictures will not do this leather justice. For more information on our leather kits, customization options, or if you want us to mail you samples please call: 1-866-NEWSEAT also 1-866-639-7238 or email us at [email protected].

I will post some pictures of our most recent Ecstasy work below. Enjoy

Some pics of an Ecstasy kit we built and shipped to Norway. The customer installed these himself and was kind enough to send us pics.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is a local install we did a few months back. 100% Ecstasy leather kit. Customer added shift boot, shift knob rewrap with custom baseball stitch, console cover, door inserts, door armrest, and leather floor door piece.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Check out the grain on this leather!
6.jpg

This is the back on our 100% leather kit
17.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Notice how the leather folds on itself so easy. This stuff is buttery!
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:
A couple examples of our NSX upholstery with Gathered Inserts. The first one is in our standard leather and the second is in Ecstasy.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Here are some pictures of kits before we ship them to customers.

Ecstasy Black with Ecstasy Black Perforated Inserts
16.jpg

Ecstasy Black with REAL Alcantara Body.
15.jpg

Here are some pics of our kits in our standard automotive grade leather. We can build our kits using just about any color combination.

Black with Red Inserts Body and Bolster Tips
18.jpg

Hand Wrapped/Stitched Door Handle
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

This is our Ecru leather, which is our best match to the NSX Ivory. It only comes in 100% leather because there is no vinyl match.
23.jpg

Ecru against a plastic piece from the NSX interior
24.jpg

Ecru with Carbon Fiber Vinyl Inserts Body and Bolster Tips
25.jpg

For samples, price quotes, or more information don't hesitate to contact us.

I'm a little bugged about this. I bought my covers from you in the past year. I wish I had been told these were available when I bought my covers as I certainly would have bought them instead.
VERY LAME of you folks at Leatherseats NOT to have told me what you were selling was not your best quality seat covers. Seriously, I am annoyed. P U.

I'm a little bugged about this. I bought my covers from you in the past year. I wish I had been told these were available when I bought my covers as I certainly would have bought them instead.
VERY LAME of you folks at Leatherseats NOT to have told me what you were selling was not your best quality seat covers. Seriously, I am annoyed. P U.

I don't know how much sarcasm you intended in your post but I just wanted to say that while the quality of the product is acceptable (some say it is great - but mine has issues) - the customer service that I recieved is nothing short of rude, indifferent and just plain SUCKED.

I had to call and email numerous times to even get the price that was previoulsy quoted to me, and even then they just treated me as if they could care less if I ever bought a thing from them.

Maybe it was an isolated case, but if I ever treated someone like that I sure wouldn't be posting anything here anymore.

Too bad ...

I mean no sarcasm. I am disgusted and annoyed.
I would have gladly paid the difference for a premium product.
For heavens sake. If a customer calls you talk to them and let them know what you offer and describe the products you have as they relate to the customer's inquiry.
A " you know we offer some other qualities of covers and services if you're interested" is book one, page one customer service.

Last edited:
Let me know when you get a silver color that matches the factory silver from a 2002+ model

lamb'chops, pls...

The standard leather hides that we use are automotive grade, vat dyed, corrected grain leather materials which are above the average quality used on the factory Acura NSX...
The "factory" Acura NSX leather-interior is full-grain unsplit Nappa leather which is superior to all automotive-grade calf/cow leather and arguably preferable to the top-grain bull leather on Italian exotics & even Connolly leather (and/or current analogs) as well as modern-day semi-aniline leathers.

The thin urethane protective-coating on the NSX leather-seats wears away over the years due to usage, for which confusion arises leading to the perception of the original NSX leather-trim being of marginal quality. Truth-be-told, Nappa leather is the most soft, supple & comfortable upholstery leather around, in terms of commercial/automotive applications.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous work! I will be using you when I need a set!

PB:

I am ceratinly not looking for an argument from you as I have read your posts over the years and you are always right on with your observations!

However...think about this....lets say they told you about the Ecstasy Seats when you bought yours but the Ecsatasy had not been wear tested completely. Then, pretend your new Ecstasy seats had some type of issue and it appeared on your seats. I'll bet you would have been really pissed then.

Personally, I think it was commendable for Leatherseats.com not sell you a product that was not time-tested and prepared to go out. I'd rather have the "tried and true" seats than anything "new." In other words, I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig for anything new. I leave that to everyone else (LOL)!

I think you are best off with what you got as the ones you got are absolutely beautiful and second to none in quality, craftmanship and time tested durability!

Last edited:
Joe, I looked up your order and it shows that you ordered in September of 2009. We weren’t offering Ecstasy on any of our production kits at that time. I understand your frustration seeing our kits being offered with a higher-end leather then what you got and feeling like you got gipped. It’s kind of like buying the previous model year car and then the next year’s model blows the previous away; but you can’t hold it against a manufacturer for improving their product line. This only lets us know how positive the response is to the quality of this stuff so we will definitely be sure to offer this to any potential NSX leather seat buyer.

I mean no sarcasm. I am disgusted and annoyed.
I would have gladly paid the difference for a premium product.
For heavens sake. If a customer calls you talk to them and let them know what you offer and describe the products you have as they relate to the customer's inquiry.
A " you know we offer some other qualities of covers and services if you're interested" is book one, page one customer service.

Last edited:
Firstly, I want to apologize for the poor customer service you received. I looked up your order and it appears that you bought through eBay. There was no email correspondence for me to look at so I assume the inadequate service came solely over the phone. I can assure you and anyone else reading this, that this is an isolated case and probably a product of our phones ringing off the hook these days.

Secondly, as far as the quality of our kit goes, we are interested in detailed feedback. What were your issues? Did you install these yourself?

The first picture of this whole thread is of a kit installed by a customer and the picture was taken by the customer as well. His seats were built from the same pattern. Also, because of the incredible complexity of the NSX seat pattern, all of our NSX kits are sewn by the same production team which is composed of 3 of our most experienced team members. If we can get some feedback on your fitment issues we might be able to help out. We certainly have had quite a few customers that have installed their leather kits themselves with great results. So much can depend on the condition of the factory seat, and the overall mechanical ability and experience of the installer. I think anyone here would agree that the kit installed by the gentleman from the UK looks absolutely amazing.

I don't know how much sarcasm you intended in your post but I just wanted to say that while the quality of the product is acceptable (some say it is great - but mine has issues) - the customer service that I recieved is nothing short of rude, indifferent and just plain SUCKED.

I had to call and email numerous times to even get the price that was previoulsy quoted to me, and even then they just treated me as if they could care less if I ever bought a thing from them.

Maybe it was an isolated case, but if I ever treated someone like that I sure wouldn't be posting anything here anymore.

Too bad ...

Last edited:
Re: lamb'chops, pls...

I had heard that sheepskin was used on some of the factory NSX seats, but I didn’t know that it was used exclusively on every US spec production model. Any full grain leather is going to be a solid durable choice for automotive upholstery. Do you have a link you can send me that shows that every NSX has Nappa leather that is actual sheepskin? In the leather industry, I have come to understand Nappa to be a description of the finish on a leather… specifically a very Smooth Grain. We actually do have access to Italian produced Nappa Smooth Grain cow hide leather as well… it is considered a special order item only as it is quite expensive. I really would never have guessed that Acura used a Full Grain leather, let alone sheepskin, in every US Spec NSX… that is good information. Maintenance is definitely important to keeping your leather in good condition long term.

If anyone wants samples of our standard leather, Ecstasy leather and our Nappa Black leather we can send out swatches for FREE. Just email me your name and mailing address at:

[email protected]

Each member can compare our leather offerings to the factory leather to see if it would be a worthwhile upgrade for each member on a case by case basis.

The "factory" Acura NSX leather-interior is full-grain unsplit Nappa leather which is superior to all automotive-grade calf/cow leather and arguably preferable to the top-grain bull leather on Italian exotics & even Connolly leather (and/or current analogs) as well as modern-day semi-aniline leathers.

The thin urethane protective-coating on the NSX leather-seats wears away over the years due to usage, for which confusion arises leading to the perception of the original NSX leather-trim being of marginal quality. Truth-be-told, Nappa leather is the most soft, supple & comfortable upholstery leather around, in terms of commercial/automotive applications.

Last edited:
Rob,

Glad you like our work! We look forward to building a set for you :)

We did test Ecstasy for quite a while before we brought it mainstream. We've been very happy with the results.

Absolutely gorgeous work! I will be using you when I need a set!

PB:

I am ceratinly not looking for an arguement from you as I have read your posts over the years and you are always right on with your observations!

However...think about this....lets say they told you about the Ecstasy Seats when you bought yours but the Ecsatasy had not been wear tested completely. Then, pretend your new Ecstasy seats had some type of issue and it appeared on your seats. I'll bet you would have been really pissed then.

Personally, I think it was comendable for Leatherseats.com not sell you a product that was not time-tested and prepared to go out. I'd rather have the "tried and true" seats than anything "new." In other words, I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig for anything new. I leave that to everyone else (LOL)!

I think you are best off with what you got as the ones you got are absolutely beautiful and second to none in quality, craftmanship and time tested durability!

PB:

I am ceratinly not looking for an argument from you as I have read your posts over the years and you are always right on with your observations!

Personally, I think it was commendable for Leatherseats.com not sell you a product that was not time-tested and prepared to go out. I'd rather have the "tried and true" seats than anything "new." In other words, I wouldn't want to be a guinea pig for anything new. I leave that to everyone else (LOL)!

What???? :rolleyes:
brown+nose.jpg

Last edited:
Re: lamb'chops, pls...

So what you are saying is it's soft, but looks like crap with spider cracking every where after 20k miles.

The leather in our jets (airline) get abused by fat americans 10hrs x 7 and after 5 years have shown minimal wear. I would take that over NAPA crap any day. PS: The leather in our planes are softer than my NSX too and if I ever catch on fire.... :tongue:

Last edited:
Here are some pics of our kits in our standard automotive grade leather. We can build our kits using just about any color combination.

Black with Red Inserts Body and Bolster Tips
18.jpg

Hand Wrapped/Stitched Door Handle
19.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

I want this setup/color scheme with the seats, door handle, and door panels. Please send me a price with standard automotive leather and NSX embroidery in the headrest. Thanks.

Back