• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab's Big Power Winter build!

Lovefab,

Keep posting as I'm quite interested in what the outcome of this build is...

Jetpilot

771whp/548wtq to date
I think thats enough balls to push around, unless he wants to join the 1000hp club with the supras and skylines.

I don't understand your puzzled figure Billy.

The 2002 that we just completed slowed and turned exceptionally well with factory suspension and brakes; even with well over 400whp. In our experience, street driven NSX's are fully capable of handling copious amounts of additional power with the factory underpinnings.

However, if I were running the car at a road course, my view would be entirely different. The shop car that this thread is centered around runs adjustable coilovers and Stoptech front brakes, because the car will see a wide variety of tracks and conditions.
In regards to the '02 suspension, I would agree it's acceptable for 400whp. As for the brakes, for track use (you agreed) they wouldn't be, but even for street use the '02 brakes would be on the verge of not being adequate.

EDIT: Yes the stock brakes are fine for street use, heck you could put miata brakes on a Veyron and it would be fine for putting around town. But if you increase your power and capability of going a lot faster in a short distance, you better have the capability to bring those speeds back down. -Its more of an insurance thing. Not really a good idea to make your car capable of going stupidly fast without having the ability to slow it back down.

My confusion was also in regards to the statement to Lotus Esprit that the stock brakes and suspension is fine when he has said his power goals are 500whp. Since he was asking about an OBD1 system, unless he converted his OBD2 system, I would assume he has an earlier car and even smaller brakes.

Ive stated my opinions on the importance of tires and brakes many times before as they are the only safety devices (with suspension) for accident avoidance and control.

The new C6 Z06 has massive brakes and considered by most to be an overwhelming amount of power (at roughly 430whp). We've heard of a member beating a new ZO6 with a little over 400whp, and has no where near the same caliber brakes as the Z06.

Maybe you previously know Lotus Esprit and his setup, but from just reading the thread - if he has an early car and a 500whp goal, I would better clarify that you were referring to 02 brakes and suspension for 400whp (which I agree with) for the others reading the thread. For his goals and setup, it would be recommended to upgrade the brakes and suspension.

:smile:

I dont have an NSX as of YET (maybe santa will give me one), but by increasing power, the balance of car performance is thrown off, increase power needs increase in brakes and suspension plus stiffening of chasis and engine mounts.

edit: be it FI or SC, the cost for safety plus the kits will be around $20-$30k. is it worth it, yes for the brakes, thats what is going to save your life

I dont have an NSX as of YET (maybe santa will give me one), but by increasing power, the balance of car performance is thrown off, increase power needs increase in brakes and suspension plus stiffening of chasis and engine mounts.

edit: be it FI or SC, the cost for safety plus the kits will be around $20-$30k. is it worth it, yes for the brakes, thats what is going to save your life

ummm FI is SC..... FI=forced induction, which would be both supercharged or turbo

I don't usually agree with the statment: FI and an increase in power throws off the perfect balance of the NSX.

The platform of the NSX is awesome and needed more power from the factory. The car should have had 400-450crank which is a great power level for the factory '02 suspension and brakes. 400whp starts to push it, and 500whp requires an upgrade in brakes IMO.

As for chassis braces/stiffening, all the better, but not 'required' or as important as brakes are imo.

Thanks Devin!

I'll snap a picture of another "non NSX" project if you guys want me to...

DO IT. You know I always like to see fab work. Hopefully I will get some time this Saturday to work on the Lotus. We will see.

J. R.

(how many people want to cut out their trunks!?)

More people than you think.... especially on this forum. For that turbo and that piping.... well... if it's gotta go then it's gotta go. That is why there is a passenger seat I say.

Ferris Bueller, your my hero!! :cool:

Damn Impressive!!!! Damn Impressive!!!! and that's all I got to say about that!!!:rolleyes:

CodysGT45RNSX%20016.jpg

Ummmm.... I feel almost naughty looking at this. Is it allright? I am all excited... :biggrin:

More people than you think.... especially on this forum. For that turbo and that piping.... well... if it's gotta go then it's gotta go. That is why there is a passenger seat I say.

Hell for that turbo, I would cutout the floor of the passenger!!!!!:cool:

Trunks are so overrated!!! All I use mine for is keeping pizza hot!!!:wink:

Hell for that turbo, I would cutout the floor of the passenger!!!!!:cool:

Trunks are so overrated!!! All I use mine for is keeping pizza hot!!!:wink:

I was thinking of building a "Hot box" for the pizza delivery business that shrowds the turbine and fills the remainder of the trunk. Have to pay for the turbo goodies somehow right? :biggrin: J/K.

I view the trunk in the same way. Even stock, the trunk just absolutely cooks whatever is stored there. So I said screw it, and busted out the sawzall. That would've made a great YouTube video, "How to make a 1000HP in an NSX. Step one, remove trunk. Step two....".

Coffee is getting to me this morning! I'm on the way to pickup a customer's car for an MSL to AEM FIC conversion. I'll have those LS1 pictures up later today guys. For now, here are a few more yummy NSX shots:

CodysGT45RNSX%20008.jpg

CodysGT45RNSX%20012.jpg

CodysGT45RNSX%20025.jpg

I like the way you incorporated the wastegate dump tube, looks similar to a Porsche tip from the rear. Good work keep up on the updates.

gil

I give credit where it's due, the Porsche tip was my original inspiration! I think mine is slightly larger in scale ;) Were those tip styles a factory option or are they an aftermarket invention?

Cody,
U are an animal hehe, :biggrin: Keep up the good work Bro!
Can't wait to see this poject finished.

Maximumyield

THAT is a work of art! I would like to start the bidding for the shotgun seat at the first 1/4 mile run at $100 !!!

Back