• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meguiar's NXT 2.0

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Meguiar or any other car detailing product companies.

When Meguiar’s introduced the synthetic NXT Tech Wax, it received great reviews.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29743

However, its biggest downside was the lack of longevity; users complained that it only lasted about 3-4 weeks at most.

Several months ago, Meguiar's introduced NXT 2.0 to address this shortfall:

product_G12718.jpg

NXT Generation™ Tech Wax 2.0™ is a scientific breakthrough that introduces a new dimension of gloss and protection. This better-than-ever formula produces unbelievably deep, vibrant color and a dramatically clear wet-look. New Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™ provides relentless water beading and protection against oxidation, corrosion, UV rays and surface degradation. “Hydrophobic” means “water-fearing” and this new breakthrough technology builds such incredible protection and surface tension that water beads up and just glides off your paint finish, wash after wash!

During the past several weekends, I decided to try the NXT 2.0. Frankly, I have never used the original NXT. Having been used to the well-regarded combination of Klasse (synthetic) and P21s (carnauba) waxes since 2002, I did not see any reason to switch. The combination of Klasse and P21s produced clarity and longevity of a synthetic wax as well as warmth and depth of a carnauba wax. Nevertheless, I got a $2-off coupon in the mail for Autozone and decided to pick one up because it was less than $15.

In summary, I was quite amazed with the result.

I washed the car with the two-bucket method and clay the entire car thoroughly. Then, I waxed on and off a coat of NXT 2.0 under 30 minutes.

Ease of application: Very similar to Klasse and P21s, NXT 2.0 was very easy to apply and remove without any residue. I noticed that if I applied too much, it would leave a slight hue of streak which I was able to remove with detailing spray. I found it better to apply very thin coat.

Scent: The wax had some sort of bubble gum scent, mix of Juice Fresh chewing gum and Dawn dish washing soap. I was not quite sold on the smell, but it smelled 100x better than Klasse which smells like gasoline.

Result: One coat of the wax provided very wet look. I felt that the wax provided just the right amount of clarity & shine as well as depth & warmth. Also, it did an amazing job of “hiding” or “filling” swirl marks, much better than Klasse did. When my wife saw the car, she thought that the paint was dripping! I added two more coats in the following week and it clearly added depth to the look so that it was almost not necessary to put on a coat of P21s (carnauba wax).

Overall: I am still surprised that not many folks have mentioned about how amazing this product is. At less than $15 per bottle (which I believe will last for at least 3-4 years), this is a great bargain, too!

What color is NXT 2.0? I have not used this wax before. The reason I asked is because my clear bra installer did not recommend any wax with color (white is OK for clear bra) to be used on the clear bra. Thanks.

Thanks I will give it a try. I have used the regular NXT waxand was impressed. I did not notice how long it really lasted b/c everytime i washed my car I always would use detail spray and sometimes use a glosser on it so my car always beads up and shines. But I will give this a whirl this Spring, maybe save myself some time this Summer. :wink:

What color is NXT 2.0? I have not used this wax before. The reason I asked is because my clear bra installer did not recommend any wax with color (white is OK for clear bra) to be used on the clear bra. Thanks.

It's white!

I'll have to try this wax on my car. Thanks for the info. I usually us the professional P&S products. Maybe introduce it this weekend at my garage with a few local prime owners and have a waxing session.

Maybe introduce it this weekend at my garage with a few local prime owners and have a waxing session.

Gabe,
Mmmm, that sounds kinky.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Let us know how long it lasts....

So far so good!

It's been close to two months and the car still looks like it's just been washed and the water bids just like the first time I applied the wax!

So far so good!

It's been close to two months and the car still looks like it's just been washed and the water bids just like the first time I applied the wax!

I'm guessing the car is a garage queen right? How many times has it seen the sun and how many times have you washed it in the last two months?

Don't mean to sound like I'm coming against the wax at all, just might be a totally different sinario on a daily driver.:wink:

Still good to hear it's working out for you.

I'm guessing the car is a garage queen right? How many times has it seen the sun and how many times have you washed it in the last two months?

Don't mean to sound like I'm coming against the wax at all, just might be a totally different sinario on a daily driver.:wink:

No problem here with NXT 1.0. Bought the NXT 2.0 already, but have yet had time to use it, because there is no point to wash the car yet. I always keep the exterior well maintained with duster brush and spray detailer. 3 minutes a day is more than plenty.

I wash my daily driver once every 3 month. It get driven a lot, part out in the sun during the day. No problem as long as you maintain it with duster and spray detailer. A daily can look spotless if you maintain it well and SoCal weather definitely also play a major factor.

On my NSX, I have gone 6 months+ without washing.

I always keep all cars clean keeping a duster in the trunk, and spray detailer.

Actually, I drive the car almost daily (rain or shine). I also wash the car once (more if it rained) a week. I bought the car to drive it, not to sit in the garage and collect dust.

Actually, I drive the car almost daily (rain or shine). I also wash the car once (more if it rained) a week. I bought the car to drive it, not to sit in the garage and collect dust.

Sorry for all the questions, but what's your normal wash routine?

Do you use any kind of quick detailer or toppers you spay on after you wash it at all??

No problem here with NXT 1.0. Bought the NXT 2.0 already, but have yet had time to use it, because there is no point to wash the car yet. I always keep the exterior well maintained with duster brush and spray detailer. 3 minutes a day is more than plenty.

I wash my daily driver once every 3 month. It get driven a lot, part out in the sun during the day. No problem as long as you maintain it with duster and spray detailer. A daily can look spotless if you maintain it well and SoCal weather definitely also play a major factor.

On my NSX, I have gone 6 months+ without washing.

I always keep all cars clean keeping a duster in the trunk, and spray detailer.

Most detail sprays contain waxes or polymers in them, so if one continually uses a detail spray after washing and such, then there's really no way one can measure the true durability of any wax/sealant they apply to there car as you won't be able to know if the beading and slickness is caused by the wax/sealant or detail spray.

I've see some waxes claim 9 months durability if you use a detail spray with it.....:rolleyes:

Sorry for all the questions, but what's your normal wash routine?

Do you use any kind of quick detailer or toppers you spay on after you wash it at all??

Not a problem answering your questions.

I use Meguiar's Gold Class car wash with the two-bucket method as most people recommend. I dry the car carefully and most times, that's pretty much it. When I have extra time, I use Meguair's Quik Detailer after each drive on dry days.

I am not a professional detailer like you are and honestly do not know how to measure the longevity scientifically, but the car still looks the same as when I applied the wax first time. I have used Klasse and Zaino, but I just could not stand the chemical / gasoline smell.

Most detail sprays contain waxes or polymers in them, so if one continually uses a detail spray after washing and such, then there's really no way one can measure the true durability of any wax/sealant they apply to there car as you won't be able to know if the beading and slickness is caused by the wax/sealant or detail spray.

I've see some waxes claim 9 months durability if you use a detail spray with it.....:rolleyes:
The spray detailer is for mainly removing the bugs on front bumper and bird drops. Rest of car just a duster.

Dust off the dirt with duster helps maintain the car. You can use the best, most expensive wax in the world. Drive it for a week, park out in the sun, accumulate dirt and bird drops. It will not look as good as someone using normal wax and maintained the car.

I have no bad intent, just being upfront and honest. You did not list any criterias. I would say the wax will not last if the owner is extremely lazy or live in somewhere that rains a lot.

The dirt stick to the car if you don't dust it off. Let it sat out in the sun like that, the dirt get baked into the clear coat and require clay bar to return the finish to glass smooth. The most basic stuff like dusting off the dirt keeps the finish always looking spotless.

6 months+ without washing on the NSX??? :eek:

BTW, what kind of duster are you using?

Yes, because it never see rain and I honestly don't have time or see the need. I dust it off every time after I parked the car. I used California duster, one in every car.

The spray detailer is for mainly removing the bugs on front bumper and bird drops. Rest of car just a duster.

Dust off the dirt with duster helps maintain the car. You can use the best, most expensive wax in the world. Drive it for a week, park out in the sun, accumulate dirt and bird drops. It will not look as good as someone using normal wax and maintained the car.

I have no bad intent, just being upfront and honest. You did not list any criterias. I would say the wax will not last if the owner is extremely lazy or live in somewhere that rains a lot.

The dirt stick to the car if you don't dust it off. Let it sat out in the sun like that, the dirt get baked into the clear coat and require clay bar to return the finish to glass smooth. The most basic stuff like dusting off the dirt keeps the finish always looking spotless.

Yes, because it never see rain and I honestly don't have time or see the need. I dust it off every time after I parked the car. I used California duster, one in every car.

You have to be carefull with dusting off dirt that much, many times the dirt/dust gets dragged accross the surface and creates new swirls.....

You're right about everything else though. Prep work on proper maintaince is the key to a perfect shine.

Amazon shows the OLD bottle but says its the 2.0 stuff. Wonder if they are mistaken. I hate to order and find out its the 1.0 version.

I ordered from amazon and got the new stuff (kit). Looks awesome, no chance to test longevity yet tho.

I bought a bottle a couple weeks ago and wash, clayed and waxed my wifes daily driver with it.

After one week it was very slick, the car is garaged btw, and then I washed it one time and the beading was very diminished on all the top surfaces, nearly complete sheeting on all top surfaces, but the sides still beaded nicely.

I sprayed the water high in the air and did everything I could to get it to bead tighter but no luck.

After the wash the slickness was at least 80% gone. Now it just feel like healthy clean paint, not slippery at all like it was for the week prior.

My wife was the objective party and she was very disapointed to not like the way it felt afterwards.

Personally after hearing so many great things about it and how long it lasts I'm more disapointed now that I was with the first NXT....personally I think the only thing Meg's upgraded about it is the way it smells.

We'll see what happens in a week when I wash it again, who know's maybe it'll bead again?:rolleyes:

Josh

I bought a bottle a couple weeks ago and wash, clayed and waxed my wifes daily driver with it.

After one week it was very slick, the car is garaged btw, and then I washed it one time and the beading was very diminished on all the top surfaces, nearly complete sheeting on all top surfaces, but the sides still beaded nicely.

I sprayed the water high in the air and did everything I could to get it to bead tighter but no luck.

After the wash the slickness was at least 80% gone. Now it just feel like healthy clean paint, not slippery at all like it was for the week prior.

My wife was the objective party and she was very disapointed to not like the way it felt afterwards.

Personally after hearing so many great things about it and how long it lasts I'm more disapointed now that I was with the first NXT....personally I think the only thing Meg's upgraded about it is the way it smells.

We'll see what happens in a week when I wash it again, who know's maybe it'll bead again?:rolleyes:

Josh

What do you wash with? Soap? Just wondering.

I ordered a bottle yesterday. Im no professional though :biggrin:

What do you wash with? Soap? Just wondering.

I ordered a bottle yesterday. Im no professional though :biggrin:

Sorry, I forgot to add that part.....

The car was not dirty, but I wanted to spray it down and see how well it beaded, so I sprayed it down first before I ever washed it. The results I just spoke about were all from the pre rinsing. After I drew my conclusions I washed it very quickly and rinsed it again. It was not dirty so I just did a quicky wash on it.

I washed it with Zaino Z7 car wash soap, a very wax/sealant friendly soap.

Josh

Back