• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

most embarassing thing you've done with your nsx

spun it 360 at 30 mph.... :redface:

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/g_UmIBG2jdo?fs=1&hl=en_US allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Not so bad. TC was off. It was wet. The car IS mid-engine. Besides, any spin that you come out of still on the track and pointed in the right direction is fine! :biggrin:

I have yet to be embarrased in my NSX...but it's early.

The S2000 that I used to have provided several embarrasing moments. Most particularly at an auto-x running a second slower than a first timer in his Sentra automatic. It wasn't even the cool old Sentra, just a late model beater. Not for nothing I'm known in these parts as Captain Slow.

The fact that he was faster than cars much better suited to the occasion was little consolation. Man, that guy could drive...Tried to get him to take a couple runs in my son's Miata but he passed. Just goes to show how much performance improvement is available by adjusting the loose nut behind the steering wheel.

Last edited:
I wasn't embarrassed in it yet!

however I did embarrass a girl.... I was driving and a black cobalt pulled out of a parking lot without their lights on. i moved over a lane and the light was red and as i pulled up next to the car i told the driver to put their lights on as i was passing (staggered cars at the light) she was on the phone and looked over and yelled out "thank you". I could tell she was looking at the car then i yelled out HIT THE BRAKES!!!! BAMM!&^ she smacks into the car in front of her. (10mph hit nothing big). I know she was embarrassed.

OK...this is pretty damn funny. Right after posting that I've never been embarassed by my NSX I got a call from the shop where I dropped off the NSX for replacement of the lower coolant lines, including the oil cooler lines that I DID NOT want to fool with. They called because they had disconnected the battery and when they reconnected it, the aftermarket alarm went off. And the car wouldn't start after the alarm went silent. And I hat left them a key but no fob.

So, off to the house to grab the fob, then over to the shop to reset the alarm. All is well now but I was pretty embarassed about not thinking to leave a fob in the first place.

spun it 360 at 30 mph.... :redface:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_UmIBG2jdo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_UmIBG2jdo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Did the guys even see that in their mirrors?

Think stalling at a light was the most embarrassing NSX event, so far...

In 2000, I was driving through a very full campus at the University of Oklahoma in my brand new S2000 with the top down thinking I was cool. As the first person stopped at a crosswalk red light, a bee flew down and started darting in and out behind my head and around my ear.

I grabbed to undo my seat belt, fumbling because I was so freaked out - flung open my door and started swatting in the air in the middle of the road to get rid of the damn bee.

Thankfully, I don't think many phones had cameras on them back 11 years ago...

curbed the front wheel HARD while a hot chick was walking by, she even kringed :tongue:. I didn't really care the rim already had a huge dent from a pothole on 101 near candlestick park.

^LOL Rich, that is totally a Southwest Getaway moment! haha

Had a bubble tea (asian drink - milk tea with tapioca) between my thighs as I was driving... Got home, had to reverse and back into my garage... Guess I squeezed it too hard, the lid came off (think of the slurpee cup), and milk tea all over my pants and seat.

Some guys at a local lube shop waved me over wanting to look at the car. After looking around the car for a few minutes, I went to start up to leave and it wouldn't start.

Since I was at a lube shop, they started troubleshooting :tongue:

They couldn't really figure it out, but it started up a few minutes later. Got it home where I shut it off and it wouldn't start again.

After doing my own troubleshooting, it turned out to be bad battery clamps. CHECK YOUR CLAMPS!!!!

Later on, the ignition switch went dead for the next owner.

Oh and the "SHEEEEWWWWWEEEEE.....those brand new Firebirds are lookin NICE" comments are pretty classic too.

^^ Mine was a no start as well except it was parked right up front by Valet with tons of people around. Turns out it was the main relay problem everyone seems to have. Wife was super annoyed.

I stalled out at a red light and a lot of cars were beeping at me. Nothing major.

Funny! I stalled out while trying to make it over a pretty significant speed bump without scraping in front of a group of fine chicks that were already admiring my car :confused:

The speed bump was in front of a lounge, the girls were seated outside and had a perfect view of all cars pulling in...they saw my car pulling up...top off and beats pumping...all eyes on me...my front wheels cleared slowly without issue...I felt and heard the scraping sound before my rears cleared...damn not now!

I let up off the clutch suddenly...a slight bit too far due to my reaction so I freakin stalled! beats shut off and I had to turn the key quickly! how embarrassing? I drive stick pretty well so not sure why I let it happen especially at that time? I guess I was too concerned with trying not to damage my car? anyway...parked my car far away from the chicks and walked into the lounge with my head down :biggrin:

Back