• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MUGEN header

I think you should put it in your NSX. It's funny- Blake Jones just posted an article in Speedhunters on his project NSX. In Japan, they told him the best header was the Fujitsubo. Does that Mugen have a JASMA stamp on it?

Yes, there's no perfect header. It's more accurate to say there's a perfect header for a specific driving condition (i.e street or track) or a best hybrid blend of the 2. As all the reasons why are stated by [MENTION=12356]Mac Attack[/MENTION] in a previous post.

I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings but it appears that's what happened after asking a simple question for more information via visual proof. I suspect the collectors are just fine and would likely be up there among the best. Is it the best? Why? because it has a MUGEN name...? That's not always true. IIRC the relationship between Honda and Mugen was spawned from family obligations. Whatever it is...

I would agree that Mugen headers are rare and some people are willing to pay for rare for the sake of rare. Is it the perfect header? Maybe for the owner they are.

Interesting detail is that MUGEN changed the design of the front header.

X_MTteMA3rWGGSLN6U8w3y6baSlok3-sfN7cjNzXaF5A7VnsMkVQtFmG40s53BdVx1fNBIwzVUVgnU3ljyFflhwGPcPXodeTkmiFhUr9cYvEWu-SKsJt1E1mMSW8kr4oIqVkYhMI747bmRI-eOxVoYmpc0Lo8lcmIW-rz_PQXchekx9eqj6f02ulx3Vvp5wRfaRB88skNYge-1I43KYWRvSj6pbv3_SFmjKsXHCyU57YK37iauZ025xT30f7vB7PmBbxGmueYtk8-p6t_mr60kipvaJuteR5bPRgm-2rMGhhr3amEIfrIGU_pqfgwWi-AAZmkaxqubMsrwlowGQh_Fu1imnjrw4ZYbXqvKRdVsStG9fNpCMLrr2xp6C_yK61koMCkxcOZYPsht9IT-1F7XsGRycuC0DT25Ky8Vhyhp65fQPpJBW1IRcRebVnOyZmNlOGsrKMm8ts8kMoRzcT2sn12auORsonXipzJiFTeBsVi7c5lNALsnZHCMhxCqNGNW18CVhy85mT5XZamXkbetgy2T8XYbweywiumGyrZf-8GCJItI7xFhpLbWnb_JRgPAbkKHVJXI-hcltdDxfTZqBBZX3AfZkJGKMU9vdaO0iC9P4mwFFoy3Mdi5HbfpjEQzgTGp7liJI4Uyy025G_Sl7v=w1349-h934-no-tmp.jpg

King Motorsport confirmed me last week, that this is a real MUGEN part

Ay8VHFPCm2oyBkrIR7khrx1Z7opuaIHRGdSXj0YaJg56KJ2z2A49LfQ3u2yLwLN75fqNxJ8ry872nykhOuDfgStH_v_HCb7c8vg-6WVAxUSDytplUE5eZYamymYcNY1rN7QzZcNX0y5oUAizEJKVGVIusfZh7clbMxtbC2xObDZ45yvM_BwJT3dmaW1Hka_STPF46LLt6XIt5KUhGEnwXo3L6bkFWshRnuPejrp4HEvztQR4urtHH8k0YEf1OciGYgoHQPVye7PKR-CR8pKFx-KNhW69SB3ZRBK0pYMwVEn0Q4fciOnzNPFvc468S4qutrxJFReJETj_Fc6uKTBu5-K3rl4a9gWV3rofy2kTVpMuUZTPVgqb5Ws-9GCf8haNkEa6NuEtARgryp8wLOcZ7jORniZaGNunEFiIcezDxMyOc-4mk79mJsPCh6Iid6TMs_p6N0raKGdIm2dbVhs1nTE8hMnDfJv5r_V6cLplDryEaBxhRAEyPkrP-AwxeZTJ4RMvh3AW1r743CMFM0uacETPpdfrNnD8GOYb15rzswTYviJAVrjEsy-_H4ayWN3hX9X_QYzX3lc1RS3urcUVX8vmICkSrbRtDNXSHZsSrhpJCFXFkInJ1K4AArQ-9HZ4BnSQ-hQWqMlF6MQbfFBhBZT9=w800-h600-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
hmm I may get a mugen tat..........:cool:

In Japan, they told him the best header was the Fujitsubo.

Per one of Procar's earlier posts it appears as if he may already have a Fujibooboo header installed on his car.

Well, one way to answer which one is the best are dyno tests between the two. But, I would be very surprised if that happened.

Is it the best? Why? because it has a MUGEN name...? That's not always true. IIRC the relationship between Honda and Mugen was spawned from family obligations. Whatever it is...

I would agree that Mugen headers are rare and some people are willing to pay for rare for the sake of rare. Is it the perfect header? Maybe for the owner they are.

Agree. Recall that Mugen's street cred is that, because of those family obligations, they have access to Honda's engineering staff, chassis data and R&D resources (engine dyno, test track/drivers, etc.). But, so does Spoon. And the Spoon headers look radically different from the Mugen ones (more like the factory NA2 manifolds). They are both exceedingly rare, expensive and built by companies with inside access to Honda. Which one is "best"?

Per one of Procar's earlier posts it appears as if he may already have a Fujibooboo header installed on his car.

Well, one way to answer which one is the best are dyno tests between the two. But, I would be very surprised if that happened.

I bet they would be within 5whp of each other. I remember that article from a few years ago where they took a crappy Top Speed/DC header, cut the collector off of it, welded on a super-amazing Burns Stainless collector and got...about 2whp out of it LOL. Honestly, I think as long as you swap out your boat anchors for tube headers, you're going to be within 95% of all of the different brands from $800 to $7,000. Obviously, there are quality, fit and durability issues too, which would justify a higher price. But performance? I doubt it. To Detlef's point, these Mugen headers probably fit perfectly, have heat shields, and will last 50 years with no cracks or defects. They also probably deliver power in the 99.9% range of available headers. I'm sure the collectors are beautiful too. Is that worth $7,000 or whatever? To me? No. But, then again, I'm going to spend way more than $7,000 to convert my car to a 6-speed, which most people say is crazy and a waste of money. So who am I to judge? I think Detlef should put them on his car.

Well, quite sure that this will happen this or next winter.
First I have to find a good replacement for the GTLW.
I'm looking for a GRF ex 001, but this exhaust is discontinued too and a real good used unit is very rare and difficult to find. But time will work for me and someday, I will have it too.

I have all kinds of catalytic converters here, 100, 200 and 300 cpsi, so I can play and test.

In combination it will be a very unique setup, hopefully with an very nice sound.

We will see.
A pity that there are no good videos from that stuff in the net.
Best Motoring Vol5 was the first and only good comparsion, but with older exhaust systems.

I have another exhaust option from japan on the way to my home, also SARD catalytic converters.

Seems that I have a lot to test next spring.

Hxho5Pr4taS7MSXcKpmdfoWcvZo50qZPQFAkZf45-gZfq6so-mLQcIlbm1EBBHucyNesd9KXAXu3oUYIyI7yLeFwF5sce2_FOTQ93EL2JFd9nlKc8_JN3WB0V873XadlHTC9Ty7VHuC7DodlvNSgwIwYZzGvnY34E0x5gD86MIogGVBHS9vqzNU95atMuvVTFQRy_ptd6aOEmo0FBurJFAvCzKq9IHa6T3V6aE1bi6ZeTP_Z1wrQ20XP6FBcYEMaI6UqVhYCgenIBioBJpvzkvR5HgOQ3_nLtLOk6r888726c3edrLBlloeJoj5Dw1YAjZ0C9Zo7QfMrVJZf7d_FGJiRx_hDr1yFO3GfYBOMp2x8cEc0SluSPML4boHVZeGBcYGNaW3jCK5DP_yOr89QigFv6WfGl_iW6iixFkAhgSA89uLXv8XLQSh-K199bpmuwVSIqZ2l_ZlaIsvWlKvc8eE-SVQPGPWjxIf_smrWxkA7lKsQvEZJblKzZubdRMKLvk9xaIHr7HuRMdmmgmnF-5cOqO15cyPn4A52EJlWmoDGg_JJyLIsZepVTA4UvG_gCLXqilU0jM8EprOyPLpm_7rRbHKjqsaFEY3c8jT7T7SUyDUKP-soQzviyT02IgI0VRRF4Dk3r1MAuppHe4FapPih=w1660-h934-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an old clip from when I installed it. Maybe [MENTION=31359]jazzmann[/MENTION] can post some more.

Here is an old clip from when I installed it. Maybe @jazzmann can post some more.

Huh? What? Somebody knock? Been away. Sorry, no videos, I just have a GoPro and it probably wouldn't produce any better sound quality than Honcho's video, so I've never bothered. But I can say it's exactly the right kind of sound for me - throaty and muted on the low end, progressively louder and more open-sounding as the RPMs go up.

Nice! Looks like you were finally able to find a GRF EX-001. What do you think of the exhaust Detlef?

Back