• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 1996 NSX Build

can't wait to see the finish product :smile:
pm'd you

Last edited:
Ask the shop to give you a print out of the various control points that they checked out to show that the rails are "level".

That would be cool to post so everyone can see how a structure(frame) print out looks, both before, and after, they correct the incidental left H/L bucket and left apron structural damage as well.

Last edited:
I will ask them no prob
I will not be over there intill parts arrive but will ask then

It makes me happy to see the car being saved, and that the owner wants to get their baby back on the road. I know that feeling.

2012-05-20_11-14-18_713.jpg
Gorgeous photo!

Ask the shop to give you a print out of the various control points that they checked out to show that the rails are "level".

That would be cool to post so everyone can see how a structure(frame) print out looks, both before, and after, they correct the incidental left H/L bucket and left apron structural damage as well.

+1. I'd love to see this.

Can't wait to see this NSX completed!

hey man...

just looking at it.. I have some items that you may need...

partial trade too...

Pass door - red
oem sideskirts - red

I have a set of jdm rear q-panels in red too

lmk

any updates on the project?

No real updates, tons of new parts are piling up at my house,

waiting on the frame guy I thought he said yesterday( sunday )

But I am stopping by there today and will have some new pics.

very close I am excited. so is the owner :biggrin:

I have been gobbling up parts/Upgrades in the forsale section of Prime LOL

Pics today. I swear LOL

any updates on the project?

I was wonding the same thing... I'm think'n Shawn is still waiting for some parts...

Like those Decepticon emblems, etc. It takes a little longer to recieve parts from Cybertron.

PS. I see Shawn updated this while I was entering my post.

Last edited:
ok they are starting on it today or tomorrow
here are some pics as it sits :frown:

Dont worry its parked inside at night LOL

2012-06-04_12-13-23_288.jpg

2012-06-04_12-13-45_538.jpg

2012-06-04_12-13-35_359.jpg

2012-06-04_12-14-03_163.jpg

only update I have is I picked up some spare parts in Miami

I got a mint driver door. a Mint Hood with spoiler, and a Mint trunk deck and spoiler.
only needed the hood the other stuff is extra for my collection of parts

all that for $470 yikes.

when I pulled up 9am there was about 10 Spanish guys standing there smoking cigars, cigs. they circled my NSX. I got out they said hi, asked me to drive around back. they opened this barb wire fence I drove in, parked they showed me the stuff I piled it on my car and got outta there.

left tampa 4:30am got there loaded up and drove home, got home about 2:30pm talk about the looks people were giving me

using my NSX as a work truck LOL

I took pics but am tired right now so will upload them tomorrow.

It looked like the beverly hill-billies driving down the road minus grandma in a rocking chair on top.

only update I have is I picked up some spare parts in Miami

I got a mint driver door. a Mint Hood with spoiler, and a Mint trunk deck and spoiler.
only needed the hood the other stuff is extra for my collection of parts

all that for $470 yikes.

when I pulled up 9am there was about 10 Spanish guys standing there smoking cigars, cigs. they circled my NSX. I got out they said hi, asked me to drive around back. they opened this barb wire fence I drove in, parked they showed me the stuff I piled it on my car and got outta there.

left tampa 4:30am got there loaded up and drove home, got home about 2:30pm talk about the looks people were giving me

using my NSX as a work truck LOL

I took pics but am tired right now so will upload them tomorrow.

It looked like the beverly hill-billies driving down the road minus grandma in a rocking chair on top.

I would like to see pictures or your NSX loaded down with the parts... :biggrin::rolleyes:

I remember a year or two back there was a thread about the NSX's looking like a pickup... with the long rear flatbed behind the driver :cool:

Next question is, if any Prime members are missing a mint driver door. a Mint Hood with spoiler, and a Mint trunk deck and spoiler. :biggrin:

That is a pretty incredible deal on the parts.... awesome.

PS. I won't be surprised if I see a black NSX loaded down with parts on one of the next 'Redneck's' e-mails I receive. (the ones where they show all the creative ways rednecks do things, load things, etc.)

Ok here is a pic of my normal speed during this trip notice the red arrow,
this shows my glass hatch was open at that speed LOL

packrat1.jpg

this picture is what it looked like from behind LOL

packrat3.jpg

and this is what it looked like from the side LOL

packrat.jpg

Oh shit Shawn, that's too funny :biggrin: you the man

Wow, next time anyone complains about the trunk space I will show them this :D

see the problem was I was gonna rent a SUV but it was raining and I hate TOP heavy cars in the rain. since I know how to handle my NSX in the rain
best choice in my book.

second My wife had our second child so an infant and a toddler is a bad combination. I wanted to Haul ass there and back minimal amount of time gone ya know,when i got home she had a tired exhausted look in her eyes.

I was in Miami for about 20 minutes and turned right around

8 hours total.

what was real cool is the way i set everything up with the glass going over the items it was actually still pretty Aerodynamic

the air rolled across the glass and over the stuff it had no pull
or noise, my steering felt normal

I have done this before with other stuff

Last edited:
Pbassjo :biggrin: maybe LOL

" you know your a redneck when......
you use your exotic as a work truck "

that could be the most effective diy rear spoiler yet........eat your hearts out track guys.:eek:

Back