• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new 2002 nsx tear down & build

Yeah...I'd wait and see if people actually step up to the plate.

I had numerous "offers" on my ex-Imola and only one at the end of the day came through.

thats true like the others have posted show me the money.

I have been tring to sell an extra 02+ rear tail light I have and like 30 people have asked can you ship it to UK etc. I tell them yes
then they never reply back.

or the seats I am tring to sell from Jasons 2002 I dont want to ship them cuz everything I ship gets broken. is 1000 to much for mint 02 perf. seats?
I dont know LOL

well, looks like ppls just want the 2002 up's as there are very very few in the for sale section. If you build it right then its all good anyways. Maybe I should have kept the black one if the value was still there lol and gone ahead with my wide body turbo project for it. I like the blue, but want a turbo cause it sounds cooler hahah.

Ok we have updates

get ready I am loading the pics later today.

step for step process I have grease and dirt all over me right now will upload when im done for the day.

I am getting excited, got wheels back on so it can roll now.
have to find a way to pull it out from the side of my house its all soft sand.

maybe tie it to a truck and pull the thing out LOL then off to the weld shop.

heres the cut from the 2003

1a.jpg

heres the 2003 with no ASS

4a.jpg

Look how new that engine is not a drop of oil on it. LOL
its mint I mean you can eat off it

3a.jpg

2a.jpg

Last edited:
heres the 2002 with the new ass just sitting there not welded.
if you look close you can see where I cut. I did a perfect job it fit like a glove.

5a.jpg

7a.jpg

6a.jpg

thats all for today guys.

yeah I was always told measure twice cut once.

so now the question is what do i do today?

should i keep it black? or do a full NSX-R white? what do you guys think?

I am already gonna have them sand and paint the whole chassis.

im taking out the dash and all electronics before I send it to paint.

Im gonna do this with my 92 strip it to the bone.
and have them paint everything the factory deemed " no need to paint under this or that "

aftert taking a few NSX's apart you would be surprised what they dont paint from the factory.

Dude...I would love to come down there and just see a back yard full of NSXs. Just sit there in some lawn chairs, drink some beer, and put one up on blocks just for effect. LOL!! :D

shawn you should have not cut the floor pan u should have just opened enought to get to the rails wold save you the worlds of work! on the other note buy me a plain ticket ill come help you for a few days hehe bring my spray guns and we can change the color the white

yeah his favorite color in the NSX is white, I dont like changing colors but since the car's parts are all most all out already was thinking about it.

but Im half and half black or white.

if I leave it black I dont have to take so many things out before paint.

if I want white, the dash needs to come out, have to take apart the
T-top etc.

I think I am staying black sorry

white is to much work i think.

this is very very rare build for one of the newer nsx's where you can put the car back pristine together, where you don't need a drop of paint.

i say save yourself the trouble, black is an absolutely beautiful color if maintained well.

having all oem paint for such an extensive build is a bonus IMHO, especially since its an 02/03

yeah his favorite color in the NSX is white, I dont like changing colors but since the car's parts are all most all out already was thinking about it.

but Im half and half black or white.

if I leave it black I dont have to take so many things out before paint.

if I want white, the dash needs to come out, have to take apart the
T-top etc.

I think I am staying black sorry

white is to much work i think.

Last edited:
I agree I can give this build more love than the factory could.
from start to finish. when finished I might just wanna keep it LOL

naaa I love my 92 to much, it was my first NSX and it will always stay with me till I die

but what I am really gonna do is buy a low mile wrecked/ or non wrecked 02-05
and swap everything into my 92. bolt for bolt. except keep my pop-ups LOL

I will do it one day. by the will of the gods I will do it.

:biggrin:

MYW that NSX isnt in NY like the ebay ad says its actually in Miami I saw it when I got the 2003.

well it had been flipped the roof was removed and possibly it rained inside it. so the radio has to be shot ac has to be shot. the leather seats looked like they had been sprayed with pool acid. the inside doors were done/worthless, the carpet looked like it had 3lbs or clay. all the rims were shot. they had removed the rear trunk parts like what I did on the 2003. the rear engien glass was smashed. and the passengerside corner was smashed pretty bad but it was repairable.

Last edited:
ok all the cars on the side of my house are moved, shuffled them around like a puzzle board haha

its off to the welders tomorrow morning.
you dont wanna know how much alum welders make an hour
I should learn to weld aluminum LOL

Im getting excited yippeee

ok the welders have test fitted everything so should be done next week looks like it fit like a glove oh yeah i got a new skateboard its a re-issue but was my first board in 1987

2011-11-29_13-47-07_295.jpg

2011-11-29_13-47-27_536.jpg

2011-11-28_19-38-01_432.jpg

Shawn - not to stray off topic here but is there a company making re-production vintage skateboards?

I'd love my old Vision Gator back!

Back