• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 2004 nsx build

Ok guys I ordered the last and correct pipe.

will arrive tomorrow here is a pic of whats left to be installed to complete the car. minus that one coolant pipe. as it at the top of the other pipes so I cant put anything else in cuz that one needs to go first. all other parts are installed already, fuel filter sparkplugs, lalalalallalallala etc. etc.

2011-06-16_12-59-36_929.jpg

thanks BATMANS

some of the guys were telling me to convert this to a coupe whats your opinion on that idea?

Ok WOWWWW putting the coolant hoses on
under the car is almost as hard as taking them off.

OH MY GOD...

but I figured out a trick which should be added
to the coolant hoses DIY section put a little motor oil
on the inside of the hoses and they slide on with ease.

now I forgot to put the f-ing clamp on in the rage
and had to take one of them off again.
that oil trick is only good at putting it on once.
taking it off again was just like before as if no lub was applied.

also save the next guy the hassle and put the screwdown clamps
instead of the OEM one's it make life you you and the future hose remover easier.

the top heater hose is in. 2 more under the car to go and I can put most of the shit under the car back together.

Ok WOWWWW putting the coolant hoses on
under the car is almost as hard as taking them off.

OH MY GOD...

but I figured out a trick which should be added
to the coolant hoses DIY section put a little motor oil
on the inside of the hoses and they slide on with ease.

now I forgot to put the f-ing clamp on in the rage
and had to take one of them off again.
that oil trick is only good at putting it on once.
taking it off again was just like before as if no lub was applied.

also save the next guy the hassle and put the screwdown clamps
instead of the OEM one's it make life you you and the future hose remover easier.

the top heater hose is in. 2 more under the car to go and I can put most of the shit under the car back together.

Shawn another trick per LarryB when it comes to the hoses is to use silicone hose lube (found in most pool supply stores). I used it when replacing my expansion tank and it made getting the hoses back on very easy.

I need to plan a trip to visit you lol. Your crazy shawn lol. Props to ur pro build job so far.

yeah the first start I was hoping but since I didnt tighten the gas line gas was spraying all over, so the second time My Fiance tricked me and said oh no turn it off I was scared LOL

Also if you notice I didnt press the clutch down so NO ITS NOT AN AUTOMATIC.

I havent pressurized the clutch yet. so it was starting with the clutch all the way down and in neutral

Also note: the muffler has one bolt holding it on so thats why its so loud.

Last edited:
My man Shawn,

... that is what i call persistence... congratulations on this excellent result of your efforts and hard work.

Nuno

PS - How much do you want for it?? :biggrin:

You've done great Shawn - determination, perseverance and all kinds of adjectives come to mind. I know you still have a ways to go but you are the man! I am really surprised that you've done so well and did it pretty quickly. All us primers are behind you Shawn. Way to go. Can't wait to see more. Really want the final product well documented - lots of film. Great - keep it up dude!

thanks guys, I was so excited today but had to wait for my Dad to get there then my Fiance decided to go to Sams club and spend all day there.

I was like Oh my god can I just start the thing already

the whole thing was my dad when he was younger worked on cars, and everytime he would rebuild a car it would start on the first try as he would make sure everything was done. put the key in and it starts. people would bet it wouldnt start and would lose the bet cuz his cars always started on the first try.
if you look at the first video you see me close my eyes and Pray then i tried it and it didnt turn over, then my dad says its spraying gas.
so I was like shit.

oh well it started perfectly and I am happy. thanks for all the support guys minor things now have to take all the panels off and delivered to the paint shop for prep. then they give them back to me and I mount them on the car and line everything up perfect and then drive it to the shop for the Final Paint.
then put a few miles on her and be happy.
already have a few offers but will wait a little bit before i sell it.

thanks again will post more pics.

thanks smoores,

I know I know its ALLLLIIIVVVVEEEEEE Again

I cant wait to have this thing finished I will be taking off the body panels sometime this week to have them preped for paint.

I need new tires, and I need to pump/bleed the clutch,
need to pump/bleed the brakes, put some interior parts back in
and it should be good to go drive wise.

but to hear her start up after 6+ months is a great feeling

I keep watching the Video on youtube over and over.

Just adding my congrats along with everyone else Shawn! I am very envious, as my mechanical abilities and knowledge are so inferior when compared to so many on here....I wish I had the time, knowledge, patience and cash to do this kind of thing!! I have followed the build from day 1 like most others and its just great to see it take its first breaths. Hope to see and hear more of that handbuilt NSX....Curtis

If I'm following this correctly, you swapped the known good motor from the other NSX, the crashed one you drove across country into the burn car, right? :confused:

Back