• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 2004 nsx build

thanks guys.

and yes I took the known good motor from the 2002 and put it in the silver one.

I am rebuilding the original motor for something special. and then will put it back into the car.

I didnt need to use this engine but figured why not while the other is getting rebuilt

I only needed the wire harness and everything plastic from the 2002. so thats all done.

drop an engine put the original back in maybe 6 hours tops its easy to me now.

Last edited:
Well everyone knows I like shit to be original and no replica parts.
so the original engine/tranny will go back into this car when Im done with it.
its getting something done to it but I cant tell you guys yet.
hehe...

the original tranny and engine will go back into the car as so all the VIN's plates match.

no-one will care its a salvaged car when they see whats been done to the motor.:biggrin:

stay tuned.

Well everyone knows I like shit to be original and no replica parts.
so the original engine/tranny will go back into this car when Im done with it.
its getting something done to it but I cant tell you guys yet.
hehe...

the original tranny and engine will go back into the car as so all the VIN's plates match.

no-one will care its a salvaged car when they see whats been done to the motor.:biggrin:

stay tuned.

No one likes a tease...:tongue:

You can drive my blue one home and turbo it if u want ;) great build thus far. This should become ur day job lol.

Thanks Jason you dont want a turbo in your LBBP you already have an SC which we all drool over.

I dont know much about ITB's but am learning about them now

damn was that a hint? I really cant say.

one thing is for sure 3.8L isnt really big enough

whaa whaaaaA! who's doing your motor build. I am insanely jealous!!!

bigger than 3.8? whoa!
Thanks Jason you dont want a turbo in your LBBP you already have an SC which we all drool over.

I dont know much about ITB's but am learning about them now

damn was that a hint? I really cant say.

one thing is for sure 3.8L isnt really big enough

whaa whaaaaA! who's doing your motor build. I am insanely jealous!!!

bigger than 3.8? whoa!

Are u doing a motor swap ryu, since no one has seen ur car in months lol

ok guys the Party is over I am poping these codes.

here are the errors on my scanner

<TABLE style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" class=MsoNormalTable border=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top>P1241
P1242
P1244 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" vAlign=top>Throttle Vent Control Motor Circuit 1 Malfunction
Throttle Vent Control Motor Circuit 2 Malfunction
Closed Throttle Position Insufficient <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

it ran fine the first time i Started it up but didnt let it run long enough for the errors to pop

probably something isnt grounded correctly

how would I check these items

P1241 and P1242 is the ULEV crap from California smog laws.

and P1244 is something I know is about Throttle by Wire system

what do you guys think.

its something stupid on my part and is in no way the cars fault LOL she is innocent

Last edited:
Check the throttle valve control motor and wiring to the ECM

thanks will check that is there a fuse for the throttle postion sensor I need to open up the service manual and quit asking questions.

Also check the throttle valve control motor relay and wiring (its located to the right of the ECM. on the bulkhead)

Well check all the wires and plugs, changed ECU to another one, changed the Relay with another one. still same thing it starts then dies.

now if I stick a huge pair of plyers in the throttle body and hold the choke open it runs but tries to stall the rpms go from 1200-1300 up and down up and down.

something is not connected or something is not grounded correctly
as this complete engine wires relays, plugs came from the car I drove from Cali to tampa so I know everything works. checked fuses none poped.

and finding time to even screw in a bolt is a next to impossible.

Dang shawn. If any one can fix it you can. Maybe throttle sensor? Theres soooo many wires to check. Did you put my harnesses all into the silver too. Wonder if a wire fused or burnt out?

the battery is fully charged, the car starts fine then dies.
if I manually hold open the throttle it will run but the RPM go up and down.

I worked on it this weekend and unplugged everything and double checked
all the wires. everything is plugged in where it needs to be.

any thing else I can try to trouble shoot errors P1241 P1242 P1244 ?

P1241 and P1242 are the same issue. the P1244 is something totally different

I think you should give LarryB or Shad a call. They might be able to help with the codes.

I just purchased brand new service manual and supplement for this NSX
I know the last book was for 1997 and the supplement adds to that book for the 2002-2005 years.

I dont like bothering people so I will do my best to figure it out.

but in the end I will put my tail down and ask the Pro's

I have no time anymore to finish this car, wedding is in a month and a half now. planning for Honeymoon, etc.etc. fudge

I asked My wife-to-be can we postpone it for another month so I can finish the NSX she gave me a look. I was only kidding though :redface:

Ok I got my new service manuals yesterday just looked and found it has to be a ground somewhere and the service manual shows exactly where to look. so cross your finger guys I hope I figured it out. will report back. later today.

excited all over again.

so is the problem fixed:smile:

Last edited:
Back