• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX parked next to a ________ thread for size comparos

Been meaning to take pics of my new 91 Sebring Silver NSX next to my other two "silver" cars. An 82 DeLorean "DMC" and my daily driver 89 Acura Legend LS in Seattle Silver. I believe the NSX and DMC actually share a lot of the same design cues. And the Generation 1 Legend shares the same rear light design as the NSX, which is kind of neat. It's interesting to note how low the Legend sits compared to modern day sedans. It looks fairly normal next to the NSX in terms of roof height, etc.

An interesting fact regarding John DeLorean and the NSX is that he owned a Yellow one, pictured below. We spoke at great lengths about how he thought the NSX was the best sports car ever built. That picture is from 1999. He was absolutely in aww of this car. Enjoy! :)

IMG_3587.jpgIMG_3590.jpgIMG_3592.jpgIMG_3595.jpgIMG_3598.jpgIMG_3600.jpgIMG_3602.jpgIMG_3609.jpgIMG_3612.jpgIMG_3613.jpgIMG_3619.jpgIMG_3622.jpgIMG_3626.jpgIMG_3628.jpgIMG_3640.jpgIMG_3647.jpgIMG_3649.jpgIMG_3668.jpgIMG_3671.jpgIMG_3691.jpgIMG_3689.jpgIMG_3652.jpgIMG_3659.jpgIMG_3654.jpg

Attachments

• tamirmrd1x1.jpg
    tamirmrd1x1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2,377
Last edited:
Yep, that's me in my younger days. I was very involved in the DeLorean community for a long time and ended up befriending JZD and his kids.

T.

Awesome ,is that you and Jhon Delorean in that picture?

Awesome, I remember reading about you're experience and it bringing a smile to my face, I believe it was on a forum somewhere (maybe you can share the link for others to enjoy), Luck you to own two great cars and have a memorable story to go with it, congrats:smile:

Last edited:
Cars I could afford and would let go of the NSX for:

997.2 GT3RS
V10 Audi R8
Ford GT (well this one is getting really pricey again so I don't know lol)

All of the above mentioned are very special cars and retain their value well. Ford GT is appreciating. Only other car that's somewhat doing this right now are the GT-Rs but they don't have the option to let me row through my own gears.

997.1 or 997.2 GT3 RS and ford gt are definitely top of my list. I'm not quite keen on the r8. Nonetheless the nsx has its own appeal.

With some manufacturers now dropping the traditional manual gearbox it's only a matter of time before you will have to look at previous models to get them. There really is no better time than now to get the manual gearbox car you want.

997.1 or 997.2 GT3 RS and ford gt are definitely top of my list. I'm not quite keen on the r8. Nonetheless the nsx has its own appeal.

With some manufacturers now dropping the traditional manual gearbox it's only a matter of time before you will have to look at previous models to get them. There really is no better time than now to get the manual gearbox car you want.
It's really a good time to get a manual gear box car... In fact I'm thinking time might me running out.

next to my favorite muscle car

127_zps972f94bd.jpg

Cars I could afford and would let go of the NSX for:

997.2 GT3RS
V10 Audi R8
Ford GT (well this one is getting really pricey again so I don't know lol)

All of the above mentioned are very special cars and retain their value well. Ford GT is appreciating. Only other car that's somewhat doing this right now are the GT-Rs but they don't have the option to let me row through my own gears.

Agree with FGT appreciating...so (it seems) is the BMW Z8.

- - - Updated - - -

This really illustrates how small the NSX is.... i took this after i finished cleaning the floors. :)

The size difference is amazing!

This really illustrates how small the NSX is.... i took this after i finished cleaning the floors. :)

Now that, is just crazy.. WoW!!

Had to move two cars out of the garage yesterday to mow the lawn.

The BMW is a 1994 318ic. The NSX is a 1995. When they are apart, the NSX looks much bigger. When they are together, you can see that they actually are about the same length, and the BMW is 7" taller. I think the complex curves of the NSX make it appear much larger. A

Also, even though the NSX was dated to 1991 and the BMW convertible came out in 1994, note how much more modern the NSX looks.

Of course, the NSX stickered for more than 2x the BMW.

nsx and bmw 2.jpg nsx and bmw 1.jpg

Back