• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX slammed in Car&Driver, R8 a favorite

I have had bad experiences with Audi's over the years.
The computers seem to have problems holding their programs.
I have had a few that needed to be re-flashed by the dealer simply because the battery has been disconnected. They lost their base program and could not start. I had another that had HID lights that were self aiming lose their program as well.
This is not with every Audi or model specific. It just here and there, the luck of the draw.
The A8's have problems getting parts. In two different repairs we've done the owner had to complain to Corporate to get a headlamp.(The original back order release dates were over three months!! With NO guarantee!) Parts were pulled off the line and sent direct to the shop but it wasn't going to happen and didn't, until the owners threw a fit and screamed.
There are so many silly little problems and just plain dumb designs. Great cars when they are working.
They remind me of how Jaguars used to be except not as pretty.

As for the R8, I think the front of the R8 front looks like the back of a refrigerator.The German designs are alway just a little heavy handed for my taste. To me their lines lack grace and end up looking robotic instead of sensuous.

I am warming up to the Porsche's as their silhouettes have softened over the years.

The R8 looks like it could have machine guns sticking out the front. It's industrial looking.

The British and Italian make the best looking designs and the NSX fit right in with the best of them. It had a nice balance of form and function.
JMHO.
Looks good. How much to get them to paint the whole car?

I was wondering the same thing. What's with that?

I read a couple of years ago that the side fender pannels could be ordered in different colours. No idea how much the option is though, or if they are following through with it.

I don't know, it looks like it has a built-in micro-fridge or something. All it needs is a big, old-school chrome pull handle.

I just read the offending article. I don't think it's an insult at all.

I read it as to mean that it took 16 years for Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Marton, BMW et. al. to build a car that was better balanced.

i think those magazines are designed to sell NEW cars anyways...

around a track, and in most corners R8 would be the big loser.

R8 looks nice and fast as heck in straight... but it's still a family car. IMO

The R8 is not a "family Car" Dodge Caravan's are Family cars, Chevrolet Tahoe is a family car not 420hp mid engine 2 seaters that look bad ass!

Back