• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Video findings

Amazing video. Dori Dori was misty-eyed as he listened to the car and recalled his time with his mentor Kunimitsu. This, to me, is the ultimate NSX of any year or generation. The true pinnacle of the marque- a Le Mans winner (and also Suzuka 1000km), and then it took 3rd at the 1996 24 hour race. I love how Honda has kept it meticulously restored to the condition where it could run like that 30 years later. I believe cars have a spirit, and this one just ooozes "WIN".

The cool thing is I met most of the craftsman/woman in that Vid...

Real Honda NSX-R GT

I thought 5 were built, but there may only be one. I also read the snorkel is non-functional on this car; it's only functional on the race cars.

Plato remarks "...I love it"; obviously preferring the poised flatness and balance of the NSX over the beating he took in the Type -R.

Last edited:
And to think the new FL5 is even faster. Would love to know the tire setup on both the NSX and FK8. I'd wager with pads and newer tires the NSX time might be closer.

Hey everyone! Traveling to Japan seems to be more frequent now that restrictions are lifted. I made a video about a rental car business in Osaka. They build their rental cars based on Initial D! You could also rent out an NSX!

Attachments

• m18.PNG
    m18.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
And to think the new FL5 is even faster. Would love to know the tire setup on both the NSX and FK8. I'd wager with pads and newer tires the NSX time might be closer.
That's a very valid point, I'd like to see the same comparison with control tires. Regardless, this is a great video to demonstrate what a phenomenal GT car the NSX is, as it's visibly smoother with far less vibration and shaking than the CTR despite being decades older!

as it's visibly smoother with far less vibration and shaking than the CTR despite being decades older!
I think the CTR is a pretty harsh ride overall, and I think they were in +R mode for these runs. I've read reviews where drivers don't even run +R on a lot of 'less-than-perfect' tracks because it's such a harsh ride.

Hey everyone! I've been part of the nsx community for over a decade. I appreciate our car culture because of the people, stories, projects, and advice that we share with each other. I finally made a video to showcase the struggles of building my nsx. Hope you have time to watch this and enjoy it! Make sure you drop a comment on the video!

I've minded him since the beginning. I have no idea how he got as big as he did. I think it was just good timing and having access to a lot of cars.

I made it about 4min into that video before I had to turn it off.

Back