• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

lol ..alec goin rogue.... got all the "power brokers" worked up:wink:

Last edited:
Haha yeah I guess I was in over my head haha. Ill be seein you all in October!

Alec, glad to hear from a fellow NC NSX owner. You may not have run into Darin (custom burgundy NSX in New Bern) and Todd (Silverstone 05 in Williamston). I keep a roster of NC/SC owners. Would like to add you to my roster.

John in Raleigh

I have actually spoken/messages with Darrin quite a bit. I used to live about an hour from him, but now we live in the same town. There is a meet next month I'm sure we will cross paths at. It would be my first NSX owner encounter of their than the gentlemen I bought mine from who had 2.

I suppose I'm sort of a new guy to the NC group. I have owned mine a little less than a year. I have has it in your area though. The wife and I went to Greensboro and then to the zoo down 220. Well we had it by Raleigh as in on I-40. If we do not meet before NSXPO 2013 I am sure we will meet there. In the meantime. Add me to your NC roster!

-Alec

A little too soon to start the caravan thread, but I do look forward to driving down with lots of members from the New York metropolitan area

Might have to come out of hibernation for this! Last time I drove my NSX was NSXPO and not Colorado, PA! Pathetic

Alec - looking forward to seeing you again in Raleigh - and that beautiful NSX of yours! Jay

No problem. Anticipating that there will be several trailering their cars and arranging for special parking for this.

cool.. hopefully there will be more NSX traveling as well near me or.. around the state of oklahoma we could probably get a caravan goin from south central area i might have to put up a thread for a Caravan meet and roll out..

Might have to come out of hibernation for this! Last time I drove my NSX was NSXPO and not Colorado, PA! Pathetic

Michael, hoping to see you down here in Carolina in October. Would be great to see several Zanardi's attending. I am thinking Tony in Greensboro might be attending.

PS: Any insights on the new NSX???

John

I dont have any insider info on the NSX, the public normally knows more than I do. I would love to go to XPO but my work schedule normally has me booked solid. Im going to try.

Michael, hoping to see you down here in Carolina in October. Would be great to see several Zanardi's attending. I am thinking Tony in Greensboro might be attending.

PS: Any insights on the new NSX???

John

Count me in. It will be my first NSXPO. Can't wait to be part of it!

cool.. hopefully there will be more NSX traveling as well near me or.. around the state of oklahoma we could probably get a caravan goin from south central area i might have to put up a thread for a Caravan meet and roll out..

Was thinking the same. I40/44 will likely be a route for the majority of those that decide to drive out east. However, I'm not sure how many will actually want to drive that distance.

Either way, let's be in communication should there prove to a decent contingent passing through.

UPDATE: I have signed the hotel contract and have the registration code/info but when I tested it last night there was a glitch on their end. They are working it out today hopefully and I will post it in a new thread as soon as I confirm that it works.

I might have to miss this one. I don't think it "will fit".................

i-8KwHXMs-X3.jpg

Start on the windshield - it has more space anyway...

I am not looking forward to the close to 2000 mile one way drive, but I really want to track my NSX on VIR. This will be my second NSXpo and it will be my first time on the track. I am hoping I can get the holidays to make this trip possible.
I am in training for Ironman Wisconsin in early September, so most of my holidays will be used up for that, but I hope I can string together another couple of weeks for this. I have dreamed about VIR for years.

Last edited:
I am not looking forward to the close to 2000 mile one way drive, but I really want to track my NSX on VIR. This will be my second NSXpo and it will be my first time on the track. I am hoping I can get the holidays to make this trip possible.
I am in training for Ironman Wisconsin in early September, so most of my holidays will be used up for that, but I hope I can string together another couple of weeks for this. I have dreamed about VIR for years.

WOW! Dwayne, if you make this trip driving your NSX there will be a special prize for that effort! I promise you won't be disappointed!!

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

WOW! Dwayne, if you make this trip driving your NSX there will be a special prize for that effort! I promise you won't be disappointed!!

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

You never know how "Old Duffer" will plan on getting there. He may be close, but who knows, he may get to NC via Vegas! Last year he drove NY to Denver via Vegas... 4000 miles one way.

Last edited:
I wasn't fishing for any longest driven award. I think I am going to go for the dirtiest NSX award. I won't wash the car after the trip down.
If Warren makes his way down from Edmonton, he has me beat anyway. I am just thinking about whether to bring my road or mountain bike down. In the other thread they spoke of great bike riding in the area. I could be persuaded into that. If I don't bring any cleaning supplies that leaves more room for bike gear.
But, as it stands, VIR is the carrot for me. I have already been shopping for a helmet.

Back