• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxtasy - am i the only one realizing he's missing?

NSXrebel said:
I too have noticed a "degradation" in the forum as some have put it, but I think it has only been a few new members that have stirred the bee's nest. We have gotten a few trolls here and there starting drama. The site still remains top notch in my opinion.

Ken is not the first to drop off the site due to its "degradation". I can name two friends of mine from right here in the Bay Area that have retired from Prime for this very reason.

Ok I give up. I've been on this site for 3 months now and I still don't know what a troll is? A little help please.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

troll%20-%201.5.jpg

I posted a lot less lately, but mainly because of holidays and other absence from home/work. Anyway, as most of you, I have to admit that I saw a severe degradation of the quality of the posts that happened over the last 1,5 years.

I was used to a very mature, intelligent, educated and anyway funny tone around this board. Vrry similat to the very classy mailing list that I joined around "the end" (ok, I am still member but the number of posts is very low now) in 1999.

In the meantime the demographic got younger (in parallel to the car getting cheaper, mainly due to the costantly increasing number of bad maintained exemplars) and the flavour of the board is more similar to a lot of other "tuner" cars that are simlarly affordable. Ok, still a lot better, bit similar in shape.

I realized this lately when I was selling my NSX: I had to deal with so many trolls, dreamers, fun riders, BSitters... that it got very upsetting quite soon.

And some of these kids were all very determinated in finding a poorly maintained NSX ("anyway I will paint it and do many exterior mods") for sub 20k to drive it around and look cool. ;)

At the end they will eventually find the car and probablyl find out about Prime! :(

PS: luckily I sold to very cool and intelligent person(...s! both my cars went to cool guys :D )

gheba_nsx said:
And some of these kids were all very determinated in finding a poorly maintained NSX ("anyway I will paint it and do many exterior mods") for sub 20k to drive it around and look cool. ;)

I wouldnt do it to look cool, the NSX is a great car.

Tom239 said:
Ken told me he'd stopped posting because there's too much sniping.

To keep things real here, somebody should point out that, although certainly knowledgeable, he contributed his share to the sniping here and likely drove away his share of participants to the forum.

Would also point out that he stopped posting to the NSX Exotic website at about the same time as here. He used to submit seemingly dozens of daily posts there as well.

My money is that he bought a Vette and his NSX and Type-R are sitting proudly on blocks on his front yard lawn. :biggrin:

LOL, nice Ojas! :D

LOL... <B>OJAS</B> you rock. :D I almost thought that was photoshopped. ;) You even picked a fairly stock vette which ken would appreciate.

I think the true reason NSXTASY hasn't been posting is because after 18,000+ posts, he's said all he needs to say. Simple as that. :D

ps. come back ken

Hi

LOL Ojas...even with those nice rims we all like so much :)

Regards

Thats funny Ojas :biggrin: Tears from laughing ...:biggrin:

Or maybe the truth......:eek:

Last edited:
Back