• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official SoCal "Sighting" Thread - post all your NSX sightings here!

Did u guys hear that explosion today at Cloverfield & Colorado? I think it was a transformer that was under the street..... the explosion ripped up the street and blinked the power a few times haha :tongue:

Didn't hear it, but the office power fluctuated when it happened (glad I have a UPS). Our office overlooks that corner too.

The traffic light was still out when my coworker and I headed out for our lunchtime run (we usually run along the south side of Colorado - passing the restaurants enkrypt3d probably eats at - for most of the way to Ocean...so we had cross over to the north side).

Last edited:
well, except that house that blew up.

Yeah, EVERYONE remembers the house that blew up...but what about the oil refinery explosions? I guess we haven't had one in awhile, but I certainly remember a few of those from my youth.

Yeah, EVERYONE remembers the house that blew up...but what about the oil refinery explosions? I guess we haven't had one in awhile, but I certainly remember a few of those from my youth.

The oil refinery exploded?! Wow, I think I'm too young for that one. I was in Reno when the house exploded and saw it on the local news up there! Seemed like a pretty big deal, since I live down the street.

Ahhhh, oil refinery explosions?! Maybe they should turn that flame off at Mobile :tongue:

I sure do remember that...I believe it happen in 1979.... I lived in Candlewood (Country Hills) and our backyard had a 180 view of the city. The blast shook the windows so hard it felt like an earthquack. Is this the one you were referring to?

I sure do remember that...I believe it happen in 1979.... I lived in Candlewood (Country Hills) and our backyard had a 180 view of the city.

I remember more than one, but the ones I remember are a bit more recent (80's and 90's). I am pretty sure I was at a friend's home in Country Hills when one of those went off.

Here's an L.A. Times article that talks about them

Last edited:
I remember more than one, but the ones I remember are a bit more recent (80's and 90's). I am pretty sure I was at a friend's home in Country Hills of Torrance (not the same Country Hills) when one of those went off.

Here's an L.A. Times article that talks about them

I meant to say "I lived on Candlewood, which is in Country Hills of Torrance". Candlewood is the north/east most street of Country Hills on the west side of the park. I guess we were at around the same location when it happen.

Candlewood is the north/east most street of Country Hills on the west side of the park. I guess we were at around the same location when it happen.

Ah...I was on the east side of De Portola Park...friend lived on Windmill Rd. :D

Akira3d, I actually went to South. By the way, if you guys don't mind me taking a little tangent here, I was wondering if there is a good tire store and a good stereo store around Torrance. I just bought some 17/18 Enkei RPF1 rims and I am looking to replace my stock tires on my 94 (16/17). They didn't come with center caps so I am wondering if I can use the stock one or not. Also, I wanted to update my stock CD Changer to a new Alpine one so it doesn't skip (I believe the new ones pre-read the data and store them so they wont be bothered by movement). Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:
Akira3d, I actually went to South. By the way, if you guys don't mind me taking a little tangent here, I was wondering if there is a good tire store and a good stereo store around Torrance. I just bought some 17/18 Enkei RPF1 rims and I am looking to replace my stock tires on my 94 (16/17). They didn't come with center caps so I am wondering if I can use the stock one or not. Also, I wanted to update my stock CD Changer to a new Alpine one so it doesn't skip (I believe the new ones pre-read the data and store them so they wont be bothered by movement). Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I dont think your OEM center caps will work... they were too small for my Volks...

I have the same alpine changer and yes it does skip if you dont mount it right and set the spring in the correct mounting direction. GL!

I may be uneducated on tires... but I always use America's Tire Co with the road hazard warranty. The warranty has really saved me a few times!

Akira3d, I actually went to South.

So did I! (or did you already know that?) :p

I may be uneducated on tires... but I always use America's Tire Co with the road hazard warranty. The warranty has really saved me a few times!

I also always go to America's Tire Co on Hawthorne Blvd. My wife has definitely taken advantage of their road hazard warranty, but I don't think I've needed it yet.

Last edited:
No, I didn't know that. I am class of 84, what abuot you? Maybe we know each other.. :biggrin:

I'm class of 90...so I'm guessing we never crossed paths at South. Probably had some of the same teachers though!

5:45 today black pre '02 getting on 101n from Victoria rd

yesterday silver 02+ pulling into vons parking lot in oxnard

That was me heading to the 101; I didn't see you though:confused:

OT: Where can I get reliable service done on my 91 in Ventura County?

Last edited:
That was me heading to the 101; I didn't see you though:confused:

OT: Where can I get reliable service done on my 91 in Ventura County?

I had just took victoria exit off of 101 north heading to victoria st. I was at the light turning onto victoria when I saw you getting on 101 n. I was in my civic, i usually don't drive the nsx, afraid of getting more rock chips

sorry, don't know any reliable service places, just moved here

also saw red pre '02 today parked off of lawerence dr.

Last edited:
I'm class of 90...so I'm guessing we never crossed paths at South. Probably had some of the same teachers though!

Ya, I am sure... You should've had Mr. Tacky pants Mr. McCarns... Did you have Mr. Lorenzo for government? I saw him about 2 months ago at the Starbuck outside of Rolling Hills AMC....

Red pre 02 heading East on the 10fwy near the city of El Monte. Was going to work driving the opposite direction. This Red pre-02 had its passenger front end crush for some odd reason. :redface:

SFV- Black NSX parked on Ventura Blvd between Desoto and Canoga tonight at around 9:30. Looked like some other nice cars nearby including a gorgeous Shelby Cobra.

Yellow 2002+ with chrome rims (maybe the 2002 style rims that were chromed not sure) and the rear valence was all yellow instead of the black inserts... CA license plate started with 7JED...... older gentlment driving and we exchanged a thumbs up! Glad I just had mine washed! :)

Back