• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche lunch and drives

This is a heads up in case they do one in your area. Porsche of Hilton Head recently invited a car club I am in to a free lunch and test drives of their cars. They had us out to Bona Bella Marina for lunch and they brought a Panamera, a Carrera S, Carrera, Boxter S, Cayman S, and a Cayenne. They just gave us the keys and told us to have fun. No salesman along on the drives, we had a nice twisty road close by and a limited access parkway. What a great time. The cars were great and it was a great day. If you have one in your area go to it as it is well worthwhile but it will give you the bug. I have to admit the Carrera S made my 98 NSX feel like a dump truck :)

That Carrera S was a sweet driving car, I just wish you didn't see Porsches everywhere you look. I like the fact that you don't see an NSX at every street corner. But I now know why I have a hard time keeping up with them at the track.

I have to admit the Carrera S made my 98 NSX feel like a dump truck :)

I sold my 98 NSX when we ordered my 08 Carrera S... I'm not sure the P car made my Acura feel like a dump truck but more than a decades worth of progression (and a lot of money) can readily be felt between the two platforms. But I do miss the exclusivity of the NSX...

That's kind of what I meant. My NSX didn't really feel like a dump truck, it was just like you said 12 years of advancement in technology and the handling of the newer Porsche was awesome compared to my NSX. I still love my NSX but after driving the new Porsche I can see why I have a hard time keeping up at the track with these newer cars.

That's kind of what I meant. My NSX didn't really feel like a dump truck, it was just like you said 12 years of advancement in technology and the handling of the newer Porsche was awesome compared to my NSX. I still love my NSX but after driving the new Porsche I can see why I have a hard time keeping up at the track with these newer cars.
Hey Dave...just keep working on the nut behind the wheel...you'll catch those other cars on track soon enough:smile:

LOL, I will believe me although I was ripped off of two track sessions this year thanks to a local tire company. First they did my alignment wrong and the camber was so far off they corded my rear tires on the far inside, they corrected that and gave me some store credit which I used to get the new tires I needed and a new tie rod. Next track weekend came up and they had cross threaded ny lug nut on the front tire so bad I ended up wringing off the entire bolt. I wasn't willing to run with a bolt missing on the front so I missed tat track day as well. The worst part was that one session was going to be free since I agreed to come out and instruct for a NSX that was out there at the last minute. I instructed the guy but couldn't run myself that weekend. Who loses a free weekend :(

ouch...but nothing from nothing leaves nothing...I've had my fair share of niggling front brake issues/cels that have cut short track wkends...does suck...of course when forces beyond your controll screw you up its that much more fustrating.will we see you in joisy for xpo?

Would love to go but I married a women that does not share my enthusiasm for track time. I normally track very close to home so I drive there on my slicks. I have tried bribing her with spa weekends and such but so far to no avail. I go to Roebling Road as much as possible. Good safe local course, just over 2 miles and 9 turns. I have been going there for 10 years and instructing out there for 3.

wow awesome experience! i really want to drive a carrera s now. good luck with the wife though! thank god my g/f loves going to the track as much as i do.:cool:

Back