• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

Just wanted to give you two big thumbs up. I have now decided to go Widebody:biggrin:

I was curious though, how much should I expect to pay a bodyshop to do all this work including the following:

02 headlight conversion
02 Hood installation
Sorcery Replica kit installed
New paint job

I was also wondering if there is a reputable shop here in SOCAL that can do this work. It seems to be a job for no amateur and I don't want the car's line to be uneven. I will be gone to Thailand for 3 months, so I want to get the car sent to a shop while I'm gone. I would appreciate anyone's information.

Looking forward to seeing your car when finished.:biggrin:

LitoG would be the best to give you an idea of the total cost. I would look for a shop that does a lot of fiberglass work on old Corvettes etc. The nice thing with fiberglass is that it can be cut and put back together. For the price of the kit (I got from Tom at RP-Motorsports) the overall quality if very good. Although like any body kit, to have a perfectly smooth finish it will take time/money...

Thanks for all the support.
Jeff

Stick-e-rice said:
Just wanted to give you two big thumbs up. I have now decided to go Widebody:biggrin:

I was curious though, how much should I expect to pay a bodyshop to do all this work including the following:

02 headlight conversion
02 Hood installation
Sorcery Replica kit installed
New paint job

I was also wondering if there is a reputable shop here in SOCAL that can do this work. It seems to be a job for no amateur and I don't want the car's line to be uneven. I will be gone to Thailand for 3 months, so I want to get the car sent to a shop while I'm gone. I would appreciate anyone's information.

Looking forward to seeing your car when finished.:biggrin:

brs-autodesign.com in Southern Cali would be one I recomend, they have their own wide body kit but also installs many others. there is a thread about them instaling the Vielslide. and they are among the shops to do many Show Cars for major companies.

I talked to the shop manager (forgot his nameabout three weeks ago and right now they are currenlty doing 4 NSX. Here are some pics for another NSX owner in Colorado name Hoon.

http://hanzzzang.ivyro.net/nsx/q.jpg
http://hanzzzang.ivyro.net/nsx/q1.jpg

that loos cool and looks like alot of work :smile:
good job. keep us posted with pix updates :smile:

I just received my NSX-R style CF wing from Peter at Downforce this morning. I couldn't help but set it in place to take some pictures.
DSCF0355sm.jpg

also recieved the CF B Pillars today.
DSCF0359sm.jpg

Last edited:
Unreal Jeff....I have to stop over this weekend and check it out in person...Got any Heineken's? :biggrin:

I love it! I would definately buy something like that. Might be worth saving the mold and consider selling it. Looks very nice!

Steve, You know me... always cold Heineken in the fridge. :wink:

Just got my custom plates "REV 2 8K" which I like but I think when they come up for renewal again I might try to get "1OFFNSX".

Jeff

VRoooM said:
Steve, You know me... always cold Heineken in the fridge. :wink:

Just got my custom plates "REV 2 8K" which I like but I think when they come up for renewal again I might try to get "1OFFNSX".

Jeff

I like "1OFFNSX" I think you've earned it...see ya tomorrow.

Wow the C-pillar is something I always thought missed on the big "bubble" of the rear hatch!

The rear taillight is also a weak styling point of the NSX. So is the bumber that sticks so much out of the car, very 80s. You are correcting all the design "errors" IMO! Great!

I LIKE IT! :)

Vrooom I give you to my ultimate complement .... at the risk of sounding like a sequel of broke back mountain ....dude you are my hero ..((sniff sniff))
Your since off styling as it pertains to the rear of the nsx is flaw-less.
Oh please do not destroy the mold to this creation, as a matter of fact I will pay to HAVE A secondary copy of the mold made and sent to me. This is not just sky talk ..I am very serious.
Good luck on your project and I applaud your creativity...
Gene.

btw I am sending you a pm

If I were him, not to be rude or anything, but I wouldnt sell it at all. If your purpose is to make a ONE off vehicle, then it should stay to be a ONE off vehicle.

I am truly flatered by the interest. I really haven't though much about selling any parts. The peices were designed/made to continue with the other design modifications to the body and I'm sure everyone would have a diferent view of what that should be. My ideas were sprung from many other exotics and supercars on the market today (like the F430 bumper and Mclaren stlye roof scoop) that seem to translate over to the design/function of the wide body. I'm am kind of on a personal deadline for completing the production of the new parts so I can get the car back from the body shop and enjoy it. I'll make a decision when I am done as to wheather or not I will try to reproduce more parts. Thank you again for your support. Hope to see/meet many of you at NSX events in '06.

Jeff

RP-Motorsports said:
The taillight treatment will work on EVERY year nsx EVEN STOCK BODIED!

And yes he is saving the molds, the question is will he sell????????:biggrin:
PLEASE!!!!! Where do I sign up and pay! I am serious!

Keep up the good work! I hope you do end up making more copies. Im not to sure about the taillights, but the bumper treatment, I would definetely do. looks so much better.

I can not wait to see this thing. That is going to be one hell of a machine. Very nice work. Lots of work, but well worth it in the end. You will have a one of a kind monster.

A+++++ on the work.

Very nice.

I would love to buy a fiberglass mold of the rear of your car. I think it is the best looking of ALL the kits I have seen. It is absolutely perfect IMO. I hope you decide to name it and sell it. You are obviously an artist, so what could be more gratifying than having your work out there for more people to enjoy. I am glad that people like Mclaren and Delorean didn't stop at one car. I cannot wait to see the finished copy. :biggrin: Someone like SOS might even help out with the marketing.

Good Luck

Wow that rear valence is crazy. I wish you were in CA:frown:

Definitely going to you for my conversion.

Your choice of parts is truly tasteful, I have Titen's NSX as my wallpaper now, but looks like it will be changed, when yours is finished, hehe.

Great job.

wow im awww as well, AWESOME job, especially on your own... this cars gonna be insane... and 1 off for sure

Back