• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Widebody Version 2.1

this one looks exactly like yours! :tongue:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PxE8zwFrAEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The engine bay and under hood are still red. I'll be tearing the car down this fall to do some engine mods. I may just have the whole car resprayed or do Black engine bay and under hood.

Thanks for your reply, I can't wait to see your final project!

Nice job! It's impressive how you managed to get it to be such a natural part of the car. I was thinking of doing something similar myself, we'll see were I end up though...

I've had quite a few requests for a better picture of the rear hatch and quarter panel transition. Here it is

707sm.jpg

I've had quite a few requests for a better picture of the rear hatch and quarter panel transition. Here it is

707sm.jpg

Wow is right!! Although, you really should drop the motor and paint the inside of the engine bay and door sills red. :). That would be some top notch sh*t

Wow is right!! Although, you really should drop the motor and paint the inside of the engine bay and door sills red. :). That would be some top notch sh*t

Keep in mind the car is only vinyl wrapped (temporarily white). I'll be doing some test spray outs with OEM GPW in matte and satin. May just do Black in the engine bay and white in the front compartment. Not sure yet.

Very interesting post that turns a classy NSX into more modern super car look.

Just few questions here:

1. Do you have any chance to make the 6 window hatch, rear bumper, under body spliter and interior modification into production kit?

2. How do you open the trunk?

3. Did you done the hatch modification on a Targa or non-Targa model? can it be done on Targa model?

1. Do you have any chance to make the 6 window hatch, rear bumper, under body spliter and interior modification into production kit?
It is not likely that this would be made into a production "kit". The tooling and production cost would be cost prohibitive (for me). I am looking at possibly doing the rear bumper if I get enough interest.

2. How do you open the trunk?
The trunk opens just like the factory set up.

3. Did you done the hatch modification on a Targa or non-Targa model? can it be done on Targa model?
It would work cosmetically on a "removable roof" car. However, the roof would not fit into the rear hatch.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I just saw this, I can't believe I have missed this on prime.

This is just absolutely the best work I have EVER seen.

Like you mentioned there is alot of work that only you will know and I know the feeling. Enjoy it sir.

The car looks amazing. I love the removal of the pillars. Sort of gives it a Lexus LF-A look to it IMO.http://photo.netcarshow.com/Lexus-LFA_2011_photo_28.jpg
All the CF/kevlar parts are right on the money. Love the car.

Love the BBK. Everything flows really well.

Any engine mods? Future engine mods?

Rahim

Last edited:
this one looks exactly like yours! :tongue:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PxE8zwFrAEk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Awesome song!
give me more!

R

707sm.jpg

Amazing. The WHOLE car is really a piece of art.
That glass hatch looks soo different can you post a is or video on how it opens. Just curious how the car would look with the hatch open with the rear side windows

Last edited:
This should be easier to build on a Targa since the roof is already split. It should also allow you to use all stock hinge hardware. I think I may give it a try over the winter.

here is a picture with the hatch up. Sense I will be going back to glass on this, I am building a new frame with mount points for gas springs to hold it open.

2726sm.jpg

Vrooom when are we going to get more pics and a video?

I'm so glad you went back NSX tail lights and got rid of those round things.

Last edited:
Back