• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Puny OEM Door Speaker Wires

Hal_396 said:
Like your ears will really care if there is a .13 ohm resistance in a 13ft wire run using 16 ga wire

Well if you look at the difference in power loss even, I doubt anyone could even hear the difference between 422 watts vs 405 watts.

Cables are one of those less scientific areas of audio where people will dump $5000 for speaker cable and swear they can hear the difference. One thing that the good cables do give you is a great jacket. Some jackets have problems keeping the copper oxygen free and the strands can corrode in the jacket. Some jackets are easy to compromise. So it pays to stay with a name brand for the most part.

merex said:
I apologized. Give it a rest. So, Larry, in fact your smart-a## little jab is useless for any other purpose than boosting your ego.

merex, relax a little. You took a jab at Briank and now Larry Bastanza. If you spend some time on these boards, you'll learn to know who they are. :) I think you'll have a good laugh about it later...

Ok, first things first. Larry took a shot at me. I feel really bad about how I reacted to Brian's post. This community consists of some of the nicest, most informed, and helpful folks on the web. Oh, did I mention our good taste :)

Like I said, I have been around here for a while and I recognized Larry as a very respected member. After the initial chiding, which I rightly deserved, the thread became quite informative, at least for me.

So Larry comes along and makes a valid point, but decides to throw in a little personal attack. Screw that, what am I supposed to do? Like I said, I have been around this forum for a long time, and I know who Larry, Lud, NSXGod (love him or hate him) are. Brian, the person I insulted, has accepted my apology and tries to head off the coming flame war with his post.

Malibu I have read many of your posts and learned quite a bit, but I did not take a jab at Larry. I merely counter punched.

Merex,

OK, my time to pony up. My apologies for the jab. Frankly, I usually let this stuff go, I should have signed off and gotten a beer instead, but you momentarily really frosted my ass with your comment.

Sorry, let's get back to constructive conversation.

Regards,
LarryB

Back