• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P Len3.8

wow, im very late about this, but he was always a great guy on the forums,
my condolences go out to his friends and family.

I just got home from a wedding in Fort Wayne (best friend from high school) and was very sad to have missed Len's Wake/Service. In the 7 hour drive up and back I thought a lot about him.

It was guys like Len you look forward to having around for many years and sometimes those years don't come. I know Len would understand my going to the Wedding and this really was an awakening of sorts for me to make sure my affairs are in order and the important people in my life know I love them.

Thank you to all the St. Louis contingency that were able to make it and represent his NSX friends well. Also - please PM me with the charity Len had so I can help in some small way.

It has taken me six days and probably six or ten revisions to make this post, never seeming to put my thoughts in words, or stopping do to a sudden tear. I am glad however that I was not able to do this until after the service for Len on Saturday. You see I have known Len for almost 4 years, did many track events together, spent time under his car and mine, did the local events, chatted about work, but I only met his wife one time, and that was this Saturday at Len's service. Lucy (Len's wife) met me at the door of the funeral home with a big hug and a request to know how I knew Len. I explained I am one of the crazy NSX car guys, to which she smiled and hugged me again. I saw a great deal of strength in those closest to Len, his daughters and wife, his many bothers and sisters, a strength no doubt given to them by Len himself. His family and especially his children are amazing people; it is so easy to see why Len put so much energy and time into his family. His children were so strong, his oldest Brianna sang to her father, and youngest Alyssa read him a poem. Everyone was moved to tears and I know Len would have simply said those are my daughters.

I respected Len allot, as a driver, a proud father, a skilled business man and a friend. Even though there is great sadness in my heart, now I know just how lucky I was to have known him, I only wish it could have been longer.

Rest in peace Len, your strength lives on in your children.

David Dozier

4799Len_1.jpg

4799Len_2.jpg

My deepest condolences. While I didn't know Len personally, I got to know him through his posts and contributions to Prime he really was a true asset to the community. I am sure he will be missed by Prime and all the other people outside of Prime.

Like many here, I have not met Len personally, but from the many posts that he had here at prime, I knew him to be a man of knowledge and integrity. I want to express my condolence to his family and friend, my prayer are with them.

Paul

Wow. I am at a loss for adequate words. I have been away from Prime for a little while with some very bad problems of my own, and it is horrible to come back to news like this. The world is a little bit darker now whith such a light taken away. I hope his family can get through this loss. I never had a chance to meet him, but by all accounts he was a wonderful man. God speed Len.

I leave you all with one of my favorite compositions:

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

I only spoke to Len briefly a couple of times, but he was as friendly as could be. I'm glad he was able to fill his too-short life with great times and great friends. If only all of us could live life so well.

I am shocked and cannot believe it... I send my deepest condolences to his family. Though I did not meet Len, we've traded PMs and posts. He will be missed...

I am also late in seeing this. I am deeply saddened to read this. Last year, on September 26th, I lost both my mother and father in a motorcycle accident. They were on the first day of a week long trip with 19 other motorcycles. They were riding right in the middle of the pack when an on coming car lost control around a turn and over corrected into the path of my father. With guard rails on both sides my dad had nowhere to go and they hit the car just under the A pillar on the passenger side. The were both gone instantly. I still own 2 motorcycles and sometimes I ask myself why. It was something that my father and I did together, and we had great times. Now it's something that haunts me everytime I get on. And hearing about tragedies like this just re-affirm things. I am Sooo Sooo sorry to hear about this loss. It sounds like Len was a really wonderful guy. I checked out his public profile and his car is just gorgeous. One of the nicest ones I've seen. It would be nice to have a memoriam area on the site to keep the profiles of friends and club members that are no longer with us. If anyone has Len's family information I'd like to send them a card, maybe write them a short letter.

- Kyle

While I didn't get a chance to meet Len personally, I've exchanged many NSX and non-NSX related emails and PMs with him over the yrs. My condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P

PhiAlpha44 said:
… I lost both my mother and father in a motorcycle accident…
Oh wow, that is really bad. My condolences.

And the worst thing is that it is our cars that are responsible for motorcycle crashes.
I have never heard of two motorcycles taking each other out (maybe an infinitesimally small percentage).
And we drive cars.
I always watch out VERY carefully for motorcycles, but the other day one caught me off guard and I berated myself for days afterwards.
Saw him just in time. F*cking blind. Me.

I wish they had special roads only for motorcycles; that would help a lot with traffic problems for me, I would definitely use a motorcycle. They are wonderful.

But…

On the other hand I just heard that trucks are the biggest killer of car users now.

Also for quite a while now I have been imagining how to make something to project a big image, like a hologram or something around a motorcycle.
So it would not only present a bigger image, but also would register mentally on car driver's brains as a significant object.

Dreaming I know. Way beyond my abilities.

Short of constantly emitting chaff, I can’t think of any way to do it. The flashing headlight is as close as we come to that presently.

I REALLY want to get a motorcycle (many years ago I rode one everyday for 6 years), but…

I sincerely hope I am not hijacking this thread by saying this.

Len and all the others, we engineers are truly trying…

My his family continue with the same courage relayed to us above.

I am fairly new to the NSX community and I too have never met Len. From all of your heartwarming post I can tell he was much Loved and will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to Len's friends and family and to honor his memory let's all be mindful of motorcycles when we drive. Also keep in mind that NSXs are very similar to motorcycles in the sense that we cannot be seen by large SUVs and trucks. Enjoy your cars but please be careful and be safe. I'm sure Len is in Heaven driving his X with no traffic, speed limits or Radar traps.

RIP Len

I had the pleasure of meeting len at my 1st and only nsx meet I've ever been to. He was a really nice, and funny guy and was super cool to me and my wife. I am really sad that I came across this thread. Len is one of the good people who kept me coming back to this site to talk to great people like him. He was an inspiration to me in building my car.

God bless Len.....:frown:

Back