• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling NSX - Moral Dilemma

Queen - sorry that you do not have a sense of humor. :tongue: As far as wasting time.......nobody twisted anybody's arm into reading this thread. Don't like it, then go mow the lawn. Be sure to fertilize afterwards.

Newsflash for ya. Do a search on what the April Fool's post was in 2004 and get back to us. I'm eager to hear your reply on that one. :rolleyes:

To set the record straight, the car is sold and is scheduled to arrive this afternoon.

AndyVecsey said:
Queen - sorry that you do not have a sense of humor.
actually, i *do* have a sense of humor. as a matter of fact, i *used* to do standup comedy in SF... but it didn't pan out.

now, some would see failing at standup comedy, then saying it didn't *pan out* as a something of a humorous comment. while others wouldn't appreciate the humor... or even the attempt at humor.

(don't worry about my failing at standup comedy; i finally found my calling as a professional cat herder)

As far as wasting time.......nobody twisted anybody's arm into reading this thread.
agreed. i'm sure most people initially read it for a variety of reasons, chief among them the use of the words "moral dilemma".

Don't like it, then go mow the lawn. Be sure to fertilize afterwards.
until you said you'd made it up and were jussst playin' around, people believed you were earnest and so gave your alleged dilemma thoughtful consideration. count me among them.

come to think of it, though, while other people used the word "honor" in their responses (count me among them), *you* never actually used the word "honor" in your posts, so my apology for making that unfair assumption.

Newsflash for ya. Do a search on what the April Fool's post was in 2004 and get back to us. I'm eager to hear your reply on that one. :rolleyes:
*my* interpretation of that post was that it was fantasy-time... everybody gets to play out their dreams a bit. truth be told, lud could well have wrapped that stuff in a nice 'n' tidy document and fired it off to honda as representative of the prime membership's collective thoughts on the next gen.

that said, i rarely get to hear an adult use the "but mommy, johnny said it was ok to set fire to the garage" defense.

To set the record straight, the car is sold and is scheduled to arrive this afternoon.
based on the pm's and email's i've received, i'm sure many people are relieved to hear this and will sleep much better tonight.

it's been fun, but i really *do* need to clean my sock drawer, followed by some serious cat-herding.

AndyVecsey said:
Newsflash for ya. Do a search on what the April Fool's post was in 2004 and get back to us.
[evil voice] I'm saving up a good one for a certain admin. [/evil voice] :biggrin:

I totally agree with gobble, the law is offer, acceptance consideration. Here we have all 3 completed. The fact that the seller has not cashed the check is irrelevent, consideration has been tendered. The deal is done except for the boring paperwork.

The only way to resolve this is to speak with the new owner directly and explain the situation and hope he understands. Then assist him in any way to find a replacement and also cover any expenses he has incurred as a result of the transaction. If that fails, cash the check, make sure it clears completely, (lots of counterfeit cashier's checks floating around these days) and give him his car.

This is a sad story all the way around.

Truth is the best way to handle this. If the buyer is a true car lover, I think he will understand your love for your vehicle. But do it before he spent money on the plane ticket or compensate him for it if he has already purchased the ticket.
If you have not signed the title, then you can always get out of the deal. It is not a nice thing to do. But it happens everyday in car dealerships. Buyers get out of a deal after ordering a car, or dealers returning your deposit and BS you about not able to get the car for you when they sold it to someone else for a premium.
I dont think there is much the buyer can do to you besides getting mad at you and be very disappointed.
Good luck and hope your buyer understands your feeling. Besides, you did not do this to play with his head or just to tease him.
We are people, we make mistakes.

KGP,

Great conspiracy:):)

Andy,

You butthead, couldn't even wait for the "official" day to end......

I figured I needed to tune back in at midnight:):):), so I will just go to bed now...........

LarryB

Quite a day on the forums id say! As an ex-NSX owner I visited today just to see what this year’s April Fool’s joke was!

Andy, this is the end of an era you know!!!

-Marc

Hey, I read this whole mess.We got some good jurisprudence.Nice one,esp since Lud's didnt have the wings of last years goof.

Do a search on what the April Fool's post was in 2004 and get back to us.

You mean, this one?

No - the one by Armando fooling into thinking his BBSC’ed engine blew up, but it did not.

KGP,

Great conspiracy

Yes, he and Armando and believe it or not, everyone even the buyer of my car was in on this prank. :biggrin:

Andy,

You butthead,

Well, I have been called worse. :smile:

Andy, this is the end of an era you know

Nope – I’ll be back in a tastefully graphic’ed white coupe with red Brembos and a very large turbo.

For The Record The new owner called me last night and reported back that the car was every bit what he had expected, even purchasing it sight unseen. He said it is a bit nicer than his NSX, which he is selling today. No, this is not a day-after April Fool’s joke again.

Well. I’m off to the bank to cash his check…..hope it doesn’t bounce. :eek:

AndyVecsey said:
...Well. I’m off to the bank to cash his check…..hope it doesn’t bounce. :eek:

Now wouldn't it be funny if the buyer was able to get the bank to not honor the check stating that it was counterfiet! :biggrin:

Or that buyer is from.........NIGERIA ! dammmit.

That would be me :) And the checks were cashed a while ago :biggrin:

Now, time to find me some Z06's to race :)

more salt, please...

hmmm... I knew all this was rubbish by one simple fact! Andy didn't mention margaritas at all whatsoever throughout the whole thread.

I rest my case...
:D

Re: more salt, please...

Osiris_x11 said:
I knew all this was rubbish by one simple fact! Andy didn't mention margaritas at all whatsoever throughout the whole thread.
:D
Good point! :biggrin:

i see the irony here... does any one else?

the april fools joke of the "Blown BBSC" had a reply by NETVIPER stating no one should "ever buy that system again." and now he's come full circle... :biggrin: even to the point of participating in an April fool joke involving his puchase of said system...

AndyVecsey said:
I got something for all of you naysayers. You decide to buy a car from the dealership. You may even put money down, which you may lose. You decide not to buy. Do you think the salesman will lose a night's sleep? Not a fat chance! On top of that, you lost your deposit.

I'll have to remember not to waste my time on the Internet on April 1. Funny how some people think wasting people's time is funny. :frown:

In any case, if you'd bother reading the contract you signed, this scenario is not accurate, at least not in NY (unless they've changed the law there lately). The dealer can only keep your deposit to the extent they LOSE money on the vehicle for which you failed to follow through on. So, if they make ANY profit at all on the car they have to return every penny to you. :wink:

(I'll bet you think you're responsible for the first $50 on your credit card if it's used fraudulently, don't ya ? :eek: :rolleyes: )

peiserg said:
i see the irony here... does any one else?

the april fools joke of the "Blown BBSC" had a reply by NETVIPER stating no one should "ever buy that system again." and now he's come full circle... :biggrin: even to the point of participating in an April fool joke involving his puchase of said system...

Isn't it ironic! :biggrin:

Back