• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The highly controversial STANCED/HELLAFLUSH NSX (warning- HUGE PICS)

I don't like the whole hellaflush thing. But that's just my opinion.

To each his own. But kudos to the owner throwing down the $$$$ to put some ADV1 wheels on it. It's too bad this is the only NSX I've personally seen with ADV1s.

It's also too bad that he couldn't afford to buy a damn town hook cover. I mean, come on! Can't we all agree on that?

Here's another one :wink: :smile:

IMG-20111228-00153.jpg

One of the coolest NSXs I've seen, period! I'd absolutely love to see it in person.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I do have to admit, I would love to see an NSX with wheels a little more aggressive than the black NSX above, and a little less aggressive than in the original post.<o:p></o:p>
I'm all for a car having a nice stance though. I'm glad someone finally did it. I knew you old farts would never do it. And for the people that don't get it, think about all the things in every culture that just doesn't make sense. I bet some of you smoke. Does that make sense? How about doing drugs? How about women that wear high heels? They purposely hurt their feet and for what? To appear taller? Make their butt poke out a tad? In the grand scheme of things footwear was made solely (no pun intended) to protect your feet, where do high heels fit into all of this? "Well, that's dumb. What does she do when she has to do everyday things? Like run and walk long distances?"<o:p></o:p>
The point is I and many others (obviously not on this forum) think it looks good. And if you don't that's okay. Just don't be so disrespectful about it.

I hate the stance but really love the wheels!

If someone can get these same concave wheels in a 18/19 with a good "normal" stance I think this could be a winner.

I guess for some guys form over function but if I knew my fender paint would be destroyed I just could not do it to my baby!

I hate the stance but really love the wheels!

If someone can get these same concave wheels in a 18/19 with a good "normal" stance I think this could be a winner.

I guess for some guys form over function but if I knew my fender paint would be destroyed I just could not do it to my baby!

That car isnt even stanced, the back wheels arent even flush with the fender.

The black one is a normally lowered car, just like many lowered NSXs on this site and it looks good at that but it's far from the so-called "stanced".

nsxprime members stance nsx's? Blasphemy...and that black one isn't even close to being stanced.

Where's the nsx sunkin in rim thread?

LOL.........!

Won't you make a thread about NSX sunkin in rim thread and Ill be the first to post for you :smile:

Last edited:
You are correct on all aspect about your opinions.
But we are talking about a car built for handling attribute here.
You do that to 4-door sedans and can be VIPed out.
When was the last time you see a woman at a track and field event running the 100M in high heels? Sure she can run but not fast and if those heels ever encountered catastropic failures (like a blown tire) she would get hurt wouldn't she?:wink:

One of the coolest NSXs I've seen, period! I'd absolutely love to see it in person.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I do have to admit, I would love to see an NSX with wheels a little more aggressive than the black NSX above, and a little less aggressive than in the original post.<o:p></o:p>
I'm all for a car having a nice stance though. I'm glad someone finally did it. I knew you old farts would never do it. And for the people that don't get it, think about all the things in every culture that just doesn't make sense. I bet some of you smoke. Does that make sense? How about doing drugs? How about women that wear high heels? They purposely hurt their feet and for what? To appear taller? Make their butt poke out a tad? In the grand scheme of things footwear was made solely (no pun intended) to protect your feet, where do high heels fit into all of this? "Well, that's dumb. What does she do when she has to do everyday things? Like run and walk long distances?"<o:p></o:p>
The point is I and many others (obviously not on this forum) think it looks good. And if you don't that's okay. Just don't be so disrespectful about it.

If you like it, post a positive comment. If not, try your best to leave without trolling and posting a negative comment. It's really not THAT difficult.

Build a highly polarizing car, then complain when people say it looks stupid. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I can think of FAR WORSE things done to an NSX by forum members but in the end beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What purpose does chastising someone serve?

Honestly, I can think of FAR WORSE things done to an NSX by forum members but in the end beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What purpose does chastising someone serve?

What purpose does posting a picture of a car on a public forum for the sole purpose of seeking approval serve?

If you're going to post pictures of something, expect people's opinions, good and bad. Especially when it comes to something as polarizing as the stance thing.

You're getting old and bitter. Honestly, you sound like an old man who needs to take a nap.

Do we even know how old the owner is? What if he's from your generation, or even older than you?

I'm from your generation (I'm 34) and I don't understand all the immature criticisms of this car and why it upsets people so much. I used to be on the Miata forums and it was the same thing when someone rat rodded their Miata, lots of people got really worked up. It wasn't my thing but whatever.

There are lots of cars out there modified by people of all generations that look terrible to me, but I don't think it really has much to do with how old you are. Look at the "barn find" culture: Older enthusiasts for sure, refuse to even remove the dirt off of some of the cars they find and tow them into a show, and it baffles me, but I just say "Ok, I don't get it but maybe I will someday" and move on.

I hope you don't really follow cars, otherwise you'll find lots of other things/styles that will raise your blood pressure and make you take your medication: lowriders, rat rods, bosozoku, VIP (bippu), drifting, cafe racer style (yes on cars), desert racer/pre-runner, donks, db drag racing, Lemons/Chump Car, vintage racing, hardcore autocross, etc. It's the variety that makes cars so exciting.

I agree that variety makes the car world exciting, but you gotta admit, we needs "stupid" looking cars out there so we can appreciate "nice" cars.

Oh, and get off the age thing. When one points out what looks ridiculous, why do you call them "an old man that needs to take his meds & a nap"? Do we all agree that wearing your pants drooping so low everyone can see you BVD's is f-ing re-tard-ed with a capital "R"? I feel the same way about the owner has done to this beautiful car.

It looks like King Kong sat on it and blew out the suspension. I can replicate the same look by jumping up & down on a Hot Wheels car...since when do damaged, crushed Hot Wheels cars look good? Never...they never did, and they never will.

The fact that one thinks that a car rendered totally un-functional is beautiful and "bad-ass" AND you have possession of a voter registration card scares the hell outta me...if you think damaged goods looks good, I sure don't want you helping to choose the next leader of the free world.

Some people try a new style to be all "avant-garde" and "cutting edge", problem is, almost everything has been done...so all they're left with is crap that hasn't been tried because it looks like sh!t.

Doing stuff like this naturally upsets those that love the car...and hate seeing one trashed out like this. Face it, it looks as dumb as dressing "heroin-chic" or "gang-banger".

Tell you what, I'll gather together enough money and go buy the "Mona Lisa" painting...then I draw a cool mustache and horns on her...maybe even add some vampire fangs protruding out. Now of course, you can't all go get mad at me now, because after-all...that's variety...and beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and so what...it was my money and now it's my painting...to do with as I please, right?

Your ball...

You can keep the ball. My comment about age was in response to a comment about age. My point was age has nothing to do with it as I am from the same generation as the person I was responding to.

Nothing else in your comment is new, so I'm not gonna respond, I need to go take my meds now. Props for somehow connecting the right to vote to your taste in cars.

I agree that variety makes the car world exciting, but you gotta admit, we needs "stupid" looking cars out there so we can appreciate "nice" cars.

Oh, and get off the age thing. When one points out what looks ridiculous, why do you call them "an old man that needs to take his meds & a nap"? Do we all agree that wearing your pants drooping so low everyone can see you BVD's is f-ing re-tard-ed with a capital "R"? I feel the same way about the owner has done to this beautiful car.

It looks like King Kong sat on it and blew out the suspension. I can replicate the same look by jumping up & down on a Hot Wheels car...since when do damaged, crushed Hot Wheels cars look good? Never...they never did, and they never will.

The fact that one thinks that a car rendered totally un-functional is beautiful and "bad-ass" AND you have possession of a voter registration card scares the hell outta me...if you think damaged goods looks good, I sure don't want you helping to choose the next leader of the free world.

Some people try a new style to be all "avant-garde" and "cutting edge", problem is, almost everything has been done...so all they're left with is crap that hasn't been tried because it looks like sh!t.

Doing stuff like this naturally upsets those that love the car...and hate seeing one trashed out like this. Face it, it looks as dumb as dressing "heroin-chic" or "gang-banger".

Tell you what, I'll gather together enough money and go buy the "Mona Lisa" painting...then I draw a cool mustache and horns on her...maybe even add some vampire fangs protruding out. Now of course, you can't all go get mad at me now, because after-all...that's variety...and beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and so what...it was my money and now it's my painting...to do with as I please, right?

Your ball...

Word....Right? LOL!! A 15mm spacer in the back, and the black NSX would be golden.

15mm spacer in the back?Are you crazy?If i put a 15mm spacer in the back it would end up looking like this...
6771915045_04741318d2.jpg

Which is a big NO NO for me.I minus well park my car in the garage and just keep it there like a trophy to stare at.I don't see how you drive around with out having problems or even make a shape turn without taring up the fenders.It looks kool but sorry not for me.

15mm spacer in the back?Are you crazy?If i put a 15mm spacer in the back it would end up looking like this...
6771915045_04741318d2.jpg

Which is a big NO NO for me.I minus well park my car in the garage and just keep it there like a trophy to stare at.I don't see how you drive around with out having problems or even make a shape turn without taring up the fenders.It looks kool but sorry not for me.

Your NSX is purty:smile: And my stance is properly setup, there is no rubbing lock to lock. LOL!!

Back