• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Not bad race nice to see Max win again.There was some interesting racing inside points places.Good race for Lando.Good performance by his Mclaren.

Alex Zanardi
This guy has endured so much; it is hard to even imagine, and he still does not give up. A real fighter. I wish the owners of the Zanardi NSX (or even other owners) would get together and send him something that would cheer him up if only for a day or two.

Alex Zanardi
This guy has endured so much; it is hard to even imagine, and he still does not give up. A real fighter. I wish the owners of the Zanardi NSX (or even other owners) would get together and send him something that would cheer him up if only for a day or two.

I'd be in if all Prime members that admired Alex throughout his career had an idea for something that we could do for him, to show that we are all hoping he can somehow pull another rabbit from his hat.

Yeah, rain would have been the spice we needed in the race....regardless, RB and Mad Max, seem to have the Ring under control. Silverstone next....this should be an interesting reac.

Bram

I'd be in if all Prime members that admired Alex throughout his career had an idea for something that we could do for him, to show that we are all hoping he can somehow pull another rabbit from his hat.

I agree.
He's a superman for what he's been through.
Waiting to hear suggestions.
H-

The F1A is not very consistent with policing this on track behaviour, just like track limits.

Norris had the corner Perez was trying a move on the outside and he paid......same with Charles

Bram

that outside pass was a hail mary every time for the outside car.These guys know that the inside car just can't add more steering lock and turn down ...:rolleyes:

that outside pass was a hail mary every time for the outside car.These guys know that the inside car just can't add more steering lock and turn down ...:rolleyes:

This is my question. If one defends the inside line, they must give room on the outside. As I remember M Schumacher was ruthless pushing the outside car off track, so the rule was changed (except for Hamilton…). But at what point does going too fast on the outside (or inside) become the excuse to draw a penalty for the other car?

Wasn’t it a few races ago where the driver(s) on outside just kept getting passed, but never defended the inside line?

There would be no incidents if every racer treated each other like they owned the cars kinda like hpde...but then where is the thrill of that...

I disagree, the Guy on the inside is on the track and is within the track limits.....the Guy on the outside is "off Track" and is hoping(as Doc said a Hail Mary) to be given space to be within the track limits.
Track limits is something that the FIA have to be more consistence on all Tracks.

Bram

Lando was very harshly (wrongly, IMHO) penalised for the turn four incident with Perez, but once that decision had been made, Perez had no grounds to complain about forcing Leclerc off at the same corner. Perez was very rightly penalised a further time for running Leclerc off at turn six - he deliberately steered right at the Ferrari driver instead of straightening his wheels, and was lucky not to be called to the stewards office for dangerous driving. Ferrari got their revenge when Sainz finished ahead of Perez.
Usually, I like the way Perez drives, but at this race he saw the red mist...

Lando was very harshly (wrongly, IMHO) penalised for the turn four incident with Perez, but once that decision had been made, Perez had no grounds to complain about forcing Leclerc off at the same corner. Perez was very rightly penalised a further time for running Leclerc off at turn six - he deliberately steered right at the Ferrari driver instead of straightening his wheels, and was lucky not to be called to the stewards office for dangerous driving. Ferrari got their revenge when Sainz finished ahead of Perez.
Usually, I like the way Perez drives, but at this race he saw the red mist...

I agree.

I hope it's good for RB as well. :wink:
MERC has an update but I don't think they can catch RB, at least I hope so.

We'll see, the Sprint race brings another dimension to the entire weekend, in terms of prep time and the ability to set-up the car for Qulie and race conditions. I would be interesting if we get some rain during the wekend.

Bram

Lots of changes for this race...the teams agreed on new practice quali lets see if it helps the smaller teams..

Not sure what to expect from the sprint race tomorrow. I don't think there will be a hard fight, noone wants to crash his car. No rain to be expected. Might be a boring Sunday too...

Just watched Qualifying - great performances from Mercedes & McLaren, but driver of the session must go to George Russell in 8th in the Williams, just 0.144 seconds off 4th place on the grid for the sprint race!

Back