• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Well done, Super-Max!

Bottas failure: the MERC crew ran out of thread lubricant, so they've asked Ferrari for some. But due to some kind of misunderstanding they (luckily) gave them the strongest Loctite they had. :D

Bottas’ issue one of the stranger failures. I’m curious if it was cross threaded before the race, or it seized and stripped during the stop?
The stripped wheels nut would have done during the wheels installation in the Garage......so Pit crew error.

CL gearbox was, not the issue, however it was the driveshaft on the other side.

Bram

Not so interesting race today.Good strategy and drive from Seb unfortune for Valteri ,Max just managed tires and kept gap.
Strange to not see Lewis and Merc cars on podium.
Go Max and RB Honda

Charles has never finished a Monaco race. Bottas season seems to hit a new low. Nice to see Seb and Gasly doing well.

Merc let the Ferrari mechanics try and remove the wheel nut. They couldn’t either; but remember Ferrari is a FIAT. Now the Merc folks are blaming (in part) that Bottas stopped a hair short causing a bad angle with the gun after previously saying it wasn’t the mechanic who is one of the nest. Nothing like throwing your driver under the bus.

Over the years I think we have seen more wheels come off after pit stop than actually cross threading...very weird Bottas can't catch a break

1. Both RB
2. Both Ferrari
. then MERC
But MERC was said to be slightly faster on the long runs.

All teams seemed to have problems with massive graining.

Leclerc on pole. Tsunoda's shunt didn't help king max. Of course Max may never beat Lewis, especially when its Hammer Time.

I can only repeat my claim that anyone who crashes in qualy should be beamed away by Dr. Shock and be put on the end of the starting grid.

It will be an interesting race tomorrow. Not sure if RB is fast enough on the straight...

Enough of these stupid qualifying rules. They should go back to CLEAR qualifying (we did it for a while in F Atlantic back in the 90's). 2 laps per car. Car 1 out on a warmup lap, Car 2 gets in behind Car 1 at the beginning of Car 1's single qualifying lap and so on. No jockeying for advantage on warmup laps, no drafting, much shorter and less costly red flags..etc First session about 40-60 minutes long, top 10 in second session.

No from Pirelli says it was debris which cose accident.:confused:
Really happy for 3 podium guys and in finish good moves from Fernando.
Sorry for Max bad luck.

A rare mistake by Lewis....
MERC is faced with the fact that the CS is not an easy homerun anymore which is a pretty unknown situation for them. As a human being it's good to see Lewis doing mistakes and there will be more to follow under pressure. It will be the best season after more than a decade with Mad Max (the executer) against the record world champion, with some colored podium like Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin.

Two weeks to go and then one race every weekend. :)

I'm not sure I can buy Pirelli explanation....."inner structure failure", but it's not the tire that failed, its the initial pressure set on the tire at the start of the race. Well we all know that the pressure get's higher as the tire heats up, so to blow on lap 30 and 47 makes no sense.

Bram

There's a 'tug of war' between Pirelli and the teams regarding tire pressure. The teams want to lower the pressure, Pirelli wants it higher for safety reasons. All teams are cheating in some way when and where the tire pressure is set/monitored. In the next races they will standardize the procedutre of measuring the tire pressure.

If a team cheats (Mercedes was caught once) and the tire blows it's unfair for the team to point at the tire manufacturer. All statements have to be related to this kind of 'tug of war'.

Back