• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2022 F1 Thread...

it was a good race, especially for Max. I need a learn an European language so don't have to listen to those sky f1 noise makers.

Max & RBR did a great job. The Ferrari strategists need to give their heads a wobble over the summer break...
Hoping that Merc is back in the mix so we have at least 3 teams fighting for victory each week. That will make a more interesting second half of the season. Judging by the pace of LH today, he would have been fighting for the win if his qualifying hadn't gone wrong.

Alonso to Aston Martin for 2023.
Not sure that's a great move??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62376428

It doesn’t make sense to move down to AM. It’s not like they are seeming to be improving much.

Perhaps AM is willing to pay more for his experience and name.

It does open a seat at Alpine now, who if I am not mistaken are the only Non Merc / RB / Ferrari powered team.

It doesn’t make sense to move down to AM. It’s not like they are seeming to be improving much.

Perhaps AM is willing to pay more for his experience and name.

It does open a seat at Alpine now, who if I am not mistaken are the only Non Merc / RB / Ferrari powered team.

I believe it’s a business decision made by Lawrence Stroll.

I believe it’s a business decision made by Lawrence Stroll.

He can't have many more years left and AM could probably give him a better pay cheque than Alpine, to see out his F1 days?

Yes. An observation was made that Alonso is solid, and while the tank is almost empty, he does have a good bit of talent left. Probably provided some stability to the team, without feeling the need to show up the owner’s son.

And while he is past his prime, he still is better than most (at least half) the field. And perhaps Alpine is ready to move on to a younger driver as they move forward while AM is good paying, steady work!

Miner;2053321. And perhaps Alpine is ready to move on to a younger driver as they move forward while AM is good paying said:
Still unknown as Oscar Piastri denied he will be next year in Alpine.Oscar maybe in Williams.

I don't think Lonzo likes Ocon....Stroll makes decisions based on what he feels his son needs.....hence a crafty veteran....Like Seb..

I think the honey badger may take his Alpine seat

Last edited:
Seb and Lonzo understand their value and how to make money for themselves. See will soon find out his SJ stuff won't get him anywhere. Lonzo has been pretty smart to stay away from that rubbish. If big Daddy thinks he can spend his way into a championship with a mid pack son and a vet, good luck with that. Ricky and Mike just might be 9 races away from losing their seats.

As an impartial fan of the sport, rather than particular drivers, I thought that the race was spoiled by the actions of Red Bull Racing / AlphaTauri in regard to their driver Yuki Tsunoda. - he shouldn't have stopped on the circuit, he should have returned to the pits if there was something wrong with the car that wasn't an immediate threat to the safety of him or others.
I was looking forward to a straight clean battle between Max, Lewis, Charles and George, but it wasn't to be.
Ferrari worked their own brand of magic again with tyres and Carlos got very scrappy from that point on - his unsafe release was astounding!
Max drove well, but wasn't the fastest at all times of the race - Mercedes strategy worked well until the yellow flags, VSC and full safety car periods. Perez didn't have a good race, Leclerc never looked like winning either.
Seb went through 5 or 6 blue flags before moving out of the way - not his best day.
Did Danny Ric have damage - he was so much slower than his team mate.
Overall, disappointing, as the race just didn't reach a climax, it just fizzled out as a result of the VSC & SC periods.

Not just Alpha Turi but it seems to be a trend in the sport, if the car has a problem, the drivers seem to pull off the road and abandon. I’m not talking power loss, just issues with the power unit. Granted, the hybrid units are way more complex and perhaps driving an extra mile or so with an issue could cause problems, but it does make the sport seem sketchy. Kinda like “debris” cautions in NASCAR, the safety car does really alter the dynamic of racing, and too much is not a good thing. Plus the whole issue of putting as soon as the safety car comes out; before the field is caught up and really slowed down. Sometimes the sport is its own worst enemy. But much like last year, and the first 50 years of NASCAR, publicity sells advertising.

Back