• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2023 F1 Thread

Max on top..again. The ending was crazy. I guess we should expect more of this, since FIA keeps changing people and RB is so dominate.

Easy win for Max. Great result for Lewis. Good ending for Aston Martin. Big fail for Ferrari and Alpine.
Perez’s day was saved by the red flags - he wasn’t cutting through the pack as quickly as expected.
Better result for McLaren and Hulk.
Odd race, not very exciting, but incident packed.

goofy ending...5 seconds for Sainz seemed excessive..esp when everyone was scrummed up at the end..

anyone know what caused GR engine poof

I'm perplexed Haas left the Hulk out there so long. Did they really think his tires would last long enough to the end. He was running P10 until everyone passed him, including K Mag. No wonder they don't do better.

I am down here for the race. I started a photo thread. Track rules are anti-photog if you don’t have a press pass so I can’t use my regular gear but I am trying to get some decent shots.

Most expensive Grand Prix for spectators out of the entire schedule. $600 for general admission which means you stand for three days but I got lucky and snagged a single in the turn 1 grandstand under the overhang so I can get out of the sun and/or and be able to sit.

Great drives from both Max & Lewis, showing that the hard tyre works best when the fuel load is higher.
Checo compromised by having to start on the medium, and the two Ferraris didn’t have a great race. George and Fernando did as much as they could in the race to get the final best position possible, as did the Alpine pair.
Disappointing for Williams, worse for McLaren. Final point for Hass will be welcome. Alfa Romeo and Alpha Tauri looking for a step-change in their fortunes…

That was an OK-good Monaco - Ferrari pit stop muck-up spoiled their chances, Max was excellent on dead tyres, Mercedes did the best they could and maximised the opportunities presented to them by others, Ocon kept his cool.
If only Alonso had gone to the inters instead of the medium he would have won... maybe.
The number two drivers for the first and second placed teams both had shockers, especially Perez. Lance must have thought he was invincible, but clearly isn't. Good drives from the Mclaren boys.
Lando had DRS when he overtook Tsunoda on inters with the rain lights on. Is that correct/possible/ what the regulations allow for?
Quite exciting for a while thanks to the rain.

That was an OK-good Monaco - Ferrari pit stop muck-up spoiled their chances, Max was excellent on dead tyres, Mercedes did the best they could and maximised the opportunities presented to them by others, Ocon kept his cool.
If only Alonso had gone to the inters instead of the medium he would have won... maybe.
The number two drivers for the first and second placed teams both had shockers, especially Perez. Lance must have thought he was invincible, but clearly isn't. Good drives from the Mclaren boys.
Lando had DRS when he overtook Tsunoda on inters with the rain lights on. Is that correct/possible/ what the regulations allow for?
Quite exciting for a while thanks to the rain.
I suspect that had Alonso out in intermediate tires, RB a would have brought Verstappen in immediately and covered the AM move.

Ferrari is Ferrari, and when the team doesn’t mess up, the drivers do, unfortunately.

Ocon drove a solid race, no mistakes and deserved a podium.

Monaco is a much better venue with rain.

Back