• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TSLA stock buy or stay away?

I am going to have to go back and watch The Martian carefully. There might be a Tesla emblem on that vehicle that Matt Damon drives around. That would be product placement!

I was thinking of buying one or two for shits and giggles haha

So, how is the Ethereum thing doing? If anybody had taken a large position in the currency I think last week would have been more shits than giggles unless you were shorting the currency.

Tesla is looking really stable in comparison.

crypto currency is a dream owned by very few......created by elves in Scandinavia...sucking up all the amperes ..as they mine all the lights flicker in the villages below....

It seems like somebody has been in to the mulled wine early! Although maybe its iced tea not mulled wine since as I did catch a little thing today where the Long Island Iced Tea Corp (a bit of a money loser) rebranded themselves as the Long Blockchain Corp. and the stock took a 289% bounce. My brain kept on going 'its Christmas not April 1st you idiots, save the spoofs for another 3 months'.

that and quiet riot.....was a micro cap pharmaceutical company 3 months ago lol...pump and dump.....

although not as spectacular I like overstock for the Bchain mania...and lol at riot....

did anyone take my advice:wink:

overstock......nice pop for a trade

Dq10, I am glad "they're cash burn" doesn't bother you. And we'll see how stable GM stock is when the next downturn hits. Let me guess, pot has just been legalized in your state. Careful with those edibles, they can cloud your thinking.:unconscious:

Very funny..I stopped smoking pot back in 1969 not long after seeing The Doors at the Aquarius Theater in LA..but I did buy 100 shares last week, I’m definitely long..and am not adverse to Tesla’s roller coaster ride..Worst case scenario I become the first Uber driver in an NSX...

At over 25,000 MPH the Tesla Roadster is the fastest car of all time..and seems to be getting exceptionally good mileage..I’m staying long in tesla, just picked up some more shares..
by the way I hear a bunch of guys are coming in from Orange County for this Sunday’s, feb. 18th, first annual NSX day at the Westfield Mall at topanga canyon blvd and victory in Woodland Hills 7am -10. Was told Acura will be bringing one or more new models, jay Leno shows up a lot, maybe he’ll bring his... about 250 cars every Sunday. From Mura’s To Muscle.

I bought Tesla about a year and a half ago around $200 and held it until about 3 months ago and sold at $290. I decided to sell and take that cash to put a down payment on an investment property in Dallas. Checking today it's at $358.

My advice to you is dependent on what you are doing with this investment. Is it spare money to burn? If so, go for it, but be ready to hold. I can see this easily hitting $500, but it may take a while. It could also drop to $0 in the next few years and we'll all be saying "remember Tesla?".

If you don't have that kind of spare cash sitting around, be more conservative and diversify your holdings.

right now the price is 420....:wink:

I will be interested to see the fallout from shorts who lost money on the musk grenade....can every founder/ceo of a public co tweet about taking it private:rolleyes:

I feel so fortunate to have trimmed my position by 75% after the elon pump. Now not sure if I should add back in after this dump. Long term story still intact though. The Model 3 build out is beginning and skynet will become self aware in 2020.

AutoExtremist.com - Peter M. DeLorenzo's thoughts on Elon Musk/TSLA from his "A Full-Blown Muskian Nightmare" rant yesterday:

http://www.autoextremist.com/

An excerpt -

"But again, these are just some of the nasty realities of Tesla that his True Believers refused to acknowledge. The others? The automotive side of Tesla has never made a dime. Not even close, in fact. But despite that, some notable dupes on Wall Street kept running the stock up to ridiculous heights, and remember, this was for a company that never showed even an ounce of profitability and wasn’t forecast to deliver any in the foreseeable future either. Yet the stock frenzy continued, with the Tesla share price rising to unheard of heights for a company that again, wasn’t profitable in the least."

haha musk smokin a dooby with joe rogan.....:eek:....here comes 200.....

yep, he also turned down a sweet heart deal to settle case....

Back