• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

Dependent on who choose to believe NSX new 185 NSX used 49...FWIW

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ue&sortType=undefined&sortDirection=undefined

As far as lease vs buy, $5K down with Acura on hook for future value vs $30k to whatever $ and already the NSX has depreciated by a minimum of 20% (btw way my deal is coming in at damn near 30% off)....seems to be a no brainer...JM2C

Love to hear more about your lease deal in terms of monthly payment, money factory, etc.?

From what we understand Acura had the absolute WORST lease programs compared to other exotic car companies. The $5k down is great but what about the rest of the numbers?

What is your adjusted capital cost? Did they factor the $30-50k of into the lease? In most cases the dealer wins on lease programs as the interest rate (money factor) is nearly always higher than if you finance at say 2-3% vs lease is typically 6-7% from our experience. Of course there are business advantages with a lease but to an average retail buyer the dealer wins and you pay out more than if you but it outright.

Love to hear more about your lease deal in terms of monthly payment, money factory, etc.?

From what we understand Acura had the absolute WORST lease programs compared to other exotic car companies. The $5k down is great but what about the rest of the numbers?

What is your adjusted capital cost? Did they factor the $30-50k of into the lease? In most cases the dealer wins on lease programs as the interest rate (money factor) is nearly always higher than if you finance at say 2-3% vs lease is typically 6-7% from our experience. Of course there are business advantages with a lease but to an average retail buyer the dealer wins and you pay out more than if you but it outright.

I get what you're saying about the numbers and the dealers making tons of money off the lease. But when you are getting a big discount and the lease payment is less than 1% of the MSRP on a car of this caliber does it really matter. I leased mine with the intention of buying it at the end. Even doing so, I'll still be below MSRP and I'll probably keep the car for 15+ years. So to me, it doesn't really matter if I left some $$ on the table.

I get what you're saying about the numbers and the dealers making tons of money off the lease. But when you are getting a big discount and the lease payment is less than 1% of the MSRP on a car of this caliber does it really matter. I leased mine with the intention of buying it at the end. Even doing so, I'll still be below MSRP and I'll probably keep the car for 15+ years. So to me, it doesn't really matter if I left some $$ on the table.

Of course every buyer has different tolerance levels and you do what is best for your situation.

Another option I'd like to add for many who may not be aware is the "Hybrid" Lease option. For well qualified buyers, this is a private loan that once you have qualified with the lender and proved yourself, you are "IN" and get tons of advantages. You get the benefit of the Lease payment write-off but you pay down the car as a normal car loan. This was recently introduced to me by another member and geared towards high net worth individuals or those who run their own business and want to have special advantages. (lawyers, doctors, self employed are their demographics from what we understand). If you guys want more info, shoot me a PM. We are in no way affiliated with them but a very happy customer.

I couldn't have said it better!!!. Actually new cars financed are 2.5 - 4%, lease money factor ranges from .001700-.002200 depending on credit worthiness. A car with a MSRP of $177000+++ and $5K down pyts at $1400-1600 for 3 yrs (dependent on deal you strike) and in 36 months you purchase for residual or less (Acura on Hook) dependent on market value..win win....just saying :smile:

What are your lease payments DocL if you don't mind me asking?

It's less than 1% of the $206k MSRP per month including taxes and the extra miles I pay for in case I don't keep the car. Under $2k which was my max.

residual is negotiable..but it depends on who holds the note...corporate finance arms of the manufacturer are less likely to deal than 3'rd party banks...ect....

It's less than 1% of the $206k MSRP per month including taxes and the extra miles I pay for in case I don't keep the car. Under $2k which was my max.

Haven't started any formal negotiations, but the dealer offered monthly payments (tax included) of $1872 with 10k mi/year or $1823 7.5k mi/year with $5k down and $177k MSRP right off the bat. I don't know anything about leasing, so won't know if I'm getting a good lease deal. Time to read up.

Haven't started any formal negotiations, but the dealer offered monthly payments (tax included) of $1872 with 10k mi/year or $1823 7.5k mi/year with $5k down and $177k MSRP right off the bat. I don't know anything about leasing, so won't know if I'm getting a good lease deal. Time to read up.

This was the 1st car I've ever leased as well. $5k down included 1st pmt, 5k miles/year, $1436 pmt. My car math says sell the porsche spyder i never drive, use $ to pay off lx570, quietly quit the club/resort my wife joined but never attends and there you go I just traded my boxster for a new nsx and saved money each month.

judging by the number of purchasers , and more realistic lease numbers...we may be near the bottom right at 130...

judging by the number of purchasers , and more realistic lease numbers...we may be near the bottom right at 130...

I did better yet....:smile:

This was the 1st car I've ever leased as well. $5k down included 1st pmt, 5k miles/year, $1436 pmt. My car math says sell the porsche spyder i never drive, use $ to pay off lx570, quietly quit the club/resort my wife joined but never attends and there you go I just traded my boxster for a new nsx and saved money each month.

That's not bad at first glance. Need MF to be sure. Maybe time to jump in, lease and buy at lease-end. I'd be able to keep my NA2 with those numbers, though garage space issues would cause me to sell....

Last edited:
I'm new here and just visited my local dealer. I was told the 30k incentive is ending at the end of November. Does anyone know if this is true? I've also read multiple threads on here in terms of how long you have to finance to get the 30k incentive towards down payment whether 3, 6 or 24 months and my dealer said it was 6 payments - 6 months. Looking at some base cars or dealer demo in 130R loaded. Also was told if someone wants to order a car the 30k incentive will be split somehow and I would not be able to take full advantage of the total 30k incentive towards the down payment. Is this even possible? PM me for any details on leads. I see cars can be found 122k (best deal posted) -135k with some options.

Last edited:
My understanding is the incentive will end when the number of cars the incentive was designed to cover is used up, so I doubt the November info is real

Since the incentive only covers 2017 cars and all the orders slots are taken, this split thing sounds made up

To properly check a Lease Deal you need to get all the details, many of which you will find dealers will not relinquish without some real prodding. This is because in a lease there are MANY ways to make money and it's not readily apparent.

There is a very good app for Lease, the BMW guys use it widely and was created by a BMW lunatic so you can bet it covers all the details as leasing a BMW is quite common.

It's called "Leasematic" worth the few bucks and you can check every lease deal. We love it and use it a lot. There is the option to do Buy or Lease on the app and it even has a Wizard section.

With that said, the key numbers to look at in a lease are:

MSRP
Selling Price (discounted price)
Net Cap Cost
Lease Term
Residual %
Money Factor (Interest rate)

If anyone wants us to run a deal and screen shot it for you, just post here and we'll try to help so we can all help each other. We are also looking for a new NSX so this process should be very good trial exercise.

thanks!

Edited: thanks for the app info. I ended up buying Leasematic in AppStore - $2 to learn about leasing and hopefully save even more $ in the end.

[ Will take you up on this. ]

To properly check a Lease Deal you need to get all the details, many of which you will find dealers will not relinquish without some real prodding. This is because in a lease there are MANY ways to make money and it's not readily apparent.

There is a very good app for Lease, the BMW guys use it widely and was created by a BMW lunatic so you can bet it covers all the details as leasing a BMW is quite common.

It's called "Leasematic" worth the few bucks and you can check every lease deal. We love it and use it a lot. There is the option to do Buy or Lease on the app and it even has a Wizard section.

With that said, the key numbers to look at in a lease are:

MSRP
Selling Price (discounted price)
Net Cap Cost
Lease Term
Residual %
Money Factor (Interest rate)

If anyone wants us to run a deal and screen shot it for you, just post here and we'll try to help so we can all help each other. We are also looking for a new NSX so this process should be very good trial exercise.

thanks!

Last edited:
Manufacturer incentives are rarely unlimited duration. They are generally renewed or replaced every few months as inventory levels change.

No you cannot use a discount as your down payment. If you find a bank that lets you do that, let me know. :biggrin:

Manufacturer incentives are rarely unlimited duration. They are generally renewed or replaced every few months as inventory levels change.

No you cannot use a discount as your down payment. If you find a bank that lets you do that, let me know. :biggrin:

Correct me if I’m wrong these deals everyone is getting is a 30k incentive to finance a portion min 7500.00 which is automatically deducted off the msrp. And those getting more than 30k off that is additional discount.

incorrect. it varies from store to store.

mf is 00180.

the incentive bulletin says end of november as the end date of the promo.

correct, on an ordered car, its not the full 30. but no more slots are available, so it doesn't matter.

Back