• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

I had an r8 v10. You like it better then that?

I do but its just different. The NSX definitely feels more solid. I really love the 1st gen R8 styling and it was a great overall car. I thought it handled beautifully. The new one I just don't like the look too square but I know that it out performs both the NSX and the previous R8 but I just don't like it. All this is personal preference and all of these cars a great cars. but for me NSX all day long.

Aventador, 458, GTR are all old cars.

Glad you're enjoying yours, it's absolutely a great car, but case in point, it took very heavy discounts to get you to buy one. No shame in that.

If Acura can bring a Type R with substantially dropped weight, get rid of the MDX interior for something more spartan and sporty, maybe a slight bump in power, for about the same price as current sticker, they should have a real winner on their hands.

Last edited:
Hoping to hear good news from Acura for a Type-R version. This is one of the reasons we are still on the fence.

But at the 130-140k price point this is a very hard to argue car that makes sense. (still a huge amount of money) since homes in many parts of the USA cost less than this but in the world of super cars, this is a bargain for performance!

Aventador, 458, GTR are all old cars.

Glad you're enjoying yours, it's absolutely a great car, but case in point, it took very heavy discounts to get you to buy one. No shame in that.

If Acura can bring a Type R with substantially dropped weight, get rid of the MDX interior for something more spartan and sporty, maybe a slight bump in power, for about the same price as current sticker, they should have a real winner on their hands.

Even then, I doubt Acura could overcome their stigma branding...

what do you reckon the odds are of that happening? honestly...

what do you reckon the odds are of that happening? honestly...

Not holding my breath... :tongue: But one can dream.

Fact that Honda has finally gotten serious about selling cars is at least promising. Their options now are to just keep plodding along with the giant discounts, or give us a better car in a year or so. They've spent tons of money on the marketing and the hype, need to show something for it.

I would call serious an overstatement

Instead of spending money on ads, they said, here is $1.5 million back to the dealers, which translates to $30K per car, so 50 cars get pushed into the market for cheap. This creates a bit of a buzz and puts more cars on the street for exposure. For $3 million, they get 100 cheap cars on the street to turn heads.

The excess inventory gets removed and they move a a real custom order plan with so so discounting (and sales numbers will be small going forward).

That is my guess at what is going on.

^this, i dont see sales dramatically improving over the next several years barring a significant price adjustment and or performance improvement and and more customization(paint to sample ect)

I would call serious an overstatement

Instead of spending money on ads, they said, here is $1.5 million back to the dealers, which translates to $30K per car, so 50 cars get pushed into the market for cheap. This creates a bit of a buzz and puts more cars on the street for exposure. For $3 million, they get 100 cheap cars on the street to turn heads.

The excess inventory gets removed and they move a a real custom order plan with so so discounting (and sales numbers will be small going forward).

That is my guess at what is going on.

That is exactly what i thought as well. I have already been asked several times about the car there is definitely an interest seeing it on the street.

Honda/Acura has been solidified as a value brand. They can't demand excessive pricing like Ferrari can. They experimented with a higher price tag, it didn't quite work out like it should have. The market re-adjusted and spoke for itself. But if next few iterations see improvements in the right direction, it's possible they might gain some traction, but not a high odd.

I just hope they keep supporting the NSX brand tho regardless. It deserves the refinement and evolution.

how many of those people do you think will buy a new NSX?

How does this comment help anyone? It is clear from the majority of you posts that you do not like the new NSX.

I am on this forum to help people like they helped me get a discount. Ask anyone that has sent me a PM. I give them a list of the dealers that I found that were willing to discount.

I want to see this car succeed its a great car in my opinion but you obviously don't think so but again that is just your opinion.

You know I didn't like the new R8 coming from an old one but I did not go on the forums making off hand comments and belittling new owners. What I did was move on to another brand. Maybe you should to?

How does this comment help anyone? It is clear from the majority of you posts that you do not like the new NSX.

I am on this forum to help people like they helped me get a discount. Ask anyone that has sent me a PM. I give them a list of the dealers that I found that were willing to discount.

I want to see this car succeed its a great car in my opinion but you obviously don't think so but again that is just your opinion.

You know I didn't like the new R8 coming from an old one but I did not go on the forums making off hand comments and belittling new owners. What I did was move on to another brand. Maybe you should to?

wow. it's a question, not one that should hurt yours or anyone else's feelings. it's a open forum, and a discussion of a car. if you can't have a discussion, and get upset because not everyone agrees with you, perhaps you should stay offline then?

i do like the car, and have said that many times before. maybe you should pay better attention? i have spent a good bit of time with the new NSX, driven it on both road and track. and i've driven all the competition also. and i'll say it again, it's a very nice car.

whether or not i want the car to succeed doesn't matter, it's already failed. there's no denying that. $50,000 off a brand new car isn't an indicator of success. i didn't want the NSX to fail however, i merely wanted it to be better.

so once again. my question was incredibly simple. do you think more cars on the road will translate to significantly higher sales?

so once again. my question was incredibly simple. do you think more cars on the road will translate to significantly higher sales?

Absolutely not, especially factoring 18's are basically unchanged as of right now....JM2C

wow. it's a question, not one that should hurt yours or anyone else's feelings. it's a open forum, and a discussion of a car. if you can't have a discussion, and get upset because not everyone agrees with you, perhaps you should stay offline then?

i do like the car, and have said that many times before. maybe you should pay better attention? i have spent a good bit of time with the new NSX, driven it on both road and track. and i've driven all the competition also. and i'll say it again, it's a very nice car.

whether or not i want the car to succeed doesn't matter, it's already failed. there's no denying that. $50,000 off a brand new car isn't an indicator of success. i didn't want the NSX to fail however, i merely wanted it to be better.

Again how are you helping anyone with your comments? How many high end cars have you purchased? Obvisouly not many if you think $30k to $50k is unheard of and indicates failure.

$50k off cars like McLaren is common even higher in some cases .

The new R8 has similar discounts if you look. Case in point there are 170 plus new R8 for sale at the end of the year right now, Those cars will be heavily discounted thats exactly how i purchased my R8.

Same thing With leftover 911 turbos as well as BMW I8. This is nothing new in the exotic car market.

You have made your opinion known on the car in an overly dramatic fashion. You are extremely abrasive in your comments complementing then trashing the car in the same paragraph.

No ones feelings are hurt because of your comments and honestly your comments didn't stop me from buying the car actually I didn't even consider them. Also, there is a difference between having a discussion about the car and appearing like a ninja out of nowhere on every gen 2 post and trying to force your opinions down people throats. Like i said you could have a bit more decorum with your posts also the dramatics are killing me man.

So to answer your "Incredibly simple question." Which wasn't really a question but just a smart comment.( Is this really how you talk to people in real life? do you lack basic social skills? I can't believe the Mods are ok with your tone.... ) Yes more cars on the road will definitely help the NSX. Whats the saying out of sigh out of mind? If you keep it in the publics eye its a car they will aspire to own as opposed to no one knowing its there.

As an example a little over a week ago there were about 200 new NSX for sale on auto trader. right now that number is 177 and there are at least 5 that I called on that are sold but are still listed not including mine which is still listed. So yes they are moving.

Also, there is a difference between having a discussion about the car and appearing like a ninja out of nowhere on every gen 2 post

ninja? love it mate! really good shit! :biggrin:

So to answer your "Incredibly simple question." Which wasn't really a question but just a smart comment.( Is this really how you talk to people in real life? do you lack basic social skills? I can't believe the Mods are ok with your tone.... ) Yes more cars on the road will definitely help the NSX. Whats the saying out of sigh out of mind? If you keep it in the publics eye its a car they will aspire to own as opposed to no one knowing its there.

so you don't think people (general citizens, Supercar buying public) know the NSX exists? have you missed the last 5 years of advertising?

p.s. Space Truckin was able to answer a simple question with a simple answer. see how easy that was? :wink:

I agree. It makes the excitement of people getting deals and being happy turn into a big steaming pile of nonsense.

Gents,

If this is the wrong place to post this, please feel free to move it. Like many, I have been on the fence about the new NSX. A part of me wonders what, or if the incentives will do to the future value of these cars? I understand that virtually all cars face depreciation, but generally speaking, the cars that are given such discounts, incentives, or whatever you wish to call it ultimately suffer in resale value.

I guess my overall question is the NSX a good buy at this point in time?

there were $40,000 discounts, then $50,000. and a few days ago somebody got a $60,000 off deal. may as well wait a bit longer. the dead of winter is a good time to wheel and deal...

so you don't think people (general citizens, Supercar buying public) know the NSX exists? have you missed the last 5 years of advertising?
Having taken the NSX to public events, i can confirm, a lot of people dont know this car exists. most car people know. general people dont. the majority (like 99%) have never seen one in public both car people and general public.

david lee roth did nothing to bring awareness to this car. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Having taken the NSX to public events, i can confirm, a lot of people dont know this car exists. most car people know. general people dont.

that same general public are probably the same people that ask us about our Gen 1's, "is that the new Corvette, i've never seen one of those before?"

they definitely don't know what a McLaren is. and they're not going to be purchasing either. the prospective buyers of the new NSX, know about it...

that same general public are probably the same people that ask us about our Gen 1's, "is that the new Corvette, i've never seen one of those before?" ...

Same thing will happen when the mid-engine Corvette comes out. Don't worry.😄

that same general public are probably the same people that ask us about our Gen 1's, "is that the new Corvette, i've never seen one of those before?"

they definitely don't know what a McLaren is. and they're not going to be purchasing either. the prospective buyers of the new NSX, know about it...

In the short time (12 hours) that i have owned mine i have already had 2 people ask me what it is. I'll see what today brings but it aure seems like very few people know it exists

Back