• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

Guys what do you think a good discount on a car with msrp of $179,000. Is 50k unrealistic? Dealer is doing 40k off. Seems low but not sure how much money is in the car. I figure 10% of msrp. So like 18k plus 30k from Acura.

From what has already been posted, it's about 8%...IIRC

Guys what do you think a good discount on a car with msrp of $179,000. Is 50k unrealistic? Dealer is doing 40k off. Seems low but not sure how much money is in the car. I figure 10% of msrp. So like 18k plus 30k from Acura.

From what has already been posted, it's about 8%...IIRC

If published numbers are to be believed, invoice of a base car is a little over 7% off sticker, dealer holdback is 2% of the base MSRP. So a little over 9% of dealer money on the table with just invoice and holdback alone, before the $30k manufacturer incentive and before any other unpublished incentives or other reasons to for a dealer to move a big number vehicle. I can't find data on invoice pricing on all the various options, but often there is more room in the options.

As always in negotiations, ask for more than you want, and settle for around what you want. Be aggressive. Remember you're helping them move a big anchor off the floor. For what it costs to hold an NSX, they could have about 4 additional MDXs on the lot which are a lot easier to sell.

Saw this this am. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/692729658/overview/ Advertised $55,600 off on a very high option car, likely a demo with 541 miles. Looks like sticker is $204,300, asking $148,716. Not bad.

I remember several months ago, almost a year I guess, when the NSX was just out and the fanboys were feeling jubilant; fastaussie and I were ridiculed for anything negative said regarding the NSX replacement. I recall saying that the price is to plummet in short order due to lack of demand after the initial flurry of sales to those who had bought the hype.

The car is great in many ways. Not the best sports car around but a great GT car and HONDA reliable to boot. The price is now coming into where the market feels it should be.
Good for those getting this car for the great discounts :)

Found my "Bottom"

I found my "Bottom", picking her up tomorrow am. Source Silver/ Red w CCB's and ELS/ Technology XM Pkg exact options sans "interwoven Wheels (wanted factory "Y" wheels). Woo Hoo!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

2017 NSX .jpg

Last edited:
you are sitting on it:tongue:....everyone has a unique bottom.....some smooth like a baby ...others simian like...

I found my "Bottom", picking her up tomorrow am. Source Silver/ Red w CCB's and ELS/ Technology XM Pkg exact options sans "interwoven Wheels (wanted factory "Y" wheels). Woo Hoo!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

View attachment 148471

Congratulations!
Are they swapping out to the Y-spoke wheels for you as part of the deal?
Or are you just saying you would've preferred the standard Y-spokes?

CONGRATS! silver is really an under-rated color. the red calipers really pop with the silver.

Edited: thanks for the app info. I ended up buying Leasematic in AppStore - $2 to learn about leasing and hopefully save even more $ in the end.

[ Will take you up on this. ]

Cool, did the app help?

We were talking to a SoCal dealer on a $198,200 MSRP car, they don't want to move much besides the $30k incentive. Shopping for a car is tiring, LOL

Cool, did the app help?

We were talking to a SoCal dealer on a $198,200 MSRP car, they don't want to move much besides the $30k incentive. Shopping for a car is tiring, LOL

Negotiating for any car is one of my favorite things to do. I don't feel i'm doing a good job until I get asked to leave :biggrin: Ok that has only happened to me once negotiating for rental property and I did end up with it (although I wish I didnt)

I remember several months ago, almost a year I guess, when the NSX was just out and the fanboys were feeling jubilant; fastaussie and I were ridiculed for anything negative said regarding the NSX replacement. I recall saying that the price is to plummet in short order due to lack of demand after the initial flurry of sales to those who had bought the hype.

The car is great in many ways. Not the best sports car around but a great GT car and HONDA reliable to boot. The price is now coming into where the market feels it should be.
Good for those getting this car for the great discounts :)

we're getting zero credit for that foresight mate. :rolleyes:

but an interesting and ironic byproduct of the NSX not being the hot seller it was anticipated to be, is that many buyers who probably couldn't afford the car before, or didn't want to pay the price of the car, are now able to step right into it, with discounts of up to $60,000 off. the NSX being a sales failure actually turned out to be a positive for the current wave of NSX buyers...

Did you talk with Hoehn in Carlsbad? I swung by there last Saturday and they were still looking for a "Home Run"...

Last edited:

View attachment 148471

Picked her up this morning in Santa Barbara, spent the day shopping there with my wife. She and I both drove the 130 miles home...
:tickled_pink::tickled_pink::tickled_pink:
All I can say is WOW...so much Fun!!!

Last edited:
No swap on wheels, I have a set of "Y" wheels being Black Chromed. I don't think for the $1500 upcharge :eek: the Interwoven wheels improve the car...JM2C

Back